Ready, Set, Let the Games Begin! - Link to new PTR/TR!

Dinner looked lovely. How big is the lazy river at Stormalong Bay? I am hoping to get the chance to hop in when we arrive back from Miami before heading for dinner.

Corinna

Dinner looked lovely. How big is the lazy river at Stormalong Bay? I am hoping to get the chance to hop in when we arrive back from Miami before heading for dinner.

Corinna

In the picture below if you see the two stairways, they cross over the lazy river. It's pretty small, but it extends from the end of one of the stairways to the other, obviously in a circle.

I always forget to take pictures too. It is funny to see you taking pictures of food where you can see others taking pictures of food. They make for behind the scenes like shots.

Your meal looked great. The Cobb salad there is my favorite too. They either scaled down or offer multiple sizes. I remember mine being ridiculously large, but it looks average sized in your picture.

Stormalong Bay looks fun. After our Polynesian stay, I want to stay at Beach Club so we can play there.

OOH! That dinner. It looks as great as I remember it to be. I'm still slowly uploading my pictures; so you might have to wait til I get up to it on my TR to re-live it again.

It was a great night. :thumbsup2

I got caught up in trying to post before the Dis Twilight Zone time....and forgot to say that your pictures of the dock and of BC are great! :thumbsup2

Well I never! I did not realise there was a lazy river at VBC! How wonderful :-) that certainly puts it higher on my DVC must stay there list. I absolutely adore lazy rivers.

Your meals look nice. I would have selected Lamb also it's one of my favourite dishes and it looks cooked to perfection. Is that blue drink a cocktail containing blue Curacao? Oh I just love that drink. I think one of each desserts would have done me fine lol. I just love it when a menu has an item such as a trio of desserts where you get to try a little of each or an Entree like A Tour of Italy!

Looking forward to hearing about Fantasmic :-) I do hope Mickey was on good form!

Dinner looks fabulous! Each one of those desserts and I'll be good to go popcorn::

How nice you were able to enjoy some solo pool time :)

Thanks. It should be enough to relax after a long drive.

Corinna

Yup! If you can stand the cold, it will be just fine.

Nice update, you're dinner at Brown Derby looked great.

It was really good! I'm so glad we ended up eating there, even if Fran griped about how early we had to eat. They were having a F&W dinner there that started at about 6:30PM.

I always forget to take pictures too. It is funny to see you taking pictures of food where you can see others taking pictures of food. They make for behind the scenes like shots.

Your meal looked great. The Cobb salad there is my favorite too. They either scaled down or offer multiple sizes. I remember mine being ridiculously large, but it looks average sized in your picture.

Stormalong Bay looks fun. After our Polynesian stay, I want to stay at Beach Club so we can play there.

Yeah, I tend to capture a lot more than just the food. When you see PIO's pictures, they will be more artistic, mine are the TMZ variety! :rotfl2: I got the appetizer serving of the Cobb Salad, which was just perfect! We need to go back so I can have more down time in the pool.

OOH! That dinner. It looks as great as I remember it to be. I'm still slowly uploading my pictures; so you might have to wait til I get up to it on my TR to re-live it again.

It was a great night. :thumbsup2

It was really good, huh? ::yes::

I got caught up in trying to post before the Dis Twilight Zone time....and forgot to say that your pictures of the dock and of BC are great! :thumbsup2

Thanks, it seemed that both Fran and I really liked the dock going back to the YC, I think we liked the sort of infinity of the way it extended in the distance, we both had multiple shots. I don't remember whose I posted.

Well I never! I did not realise there was a lazy river at VBC! How wonderful :-) that certainly puts it higher on my DVC must stay there list. I absolutely adore lazy rivers.

Your meals look nice. I would have selected Lamb also it's one of my favourite dishes and it looks cooked to perfection. Is that blue drink a cocktail containing blue Curacao? Oh I just love that drink. I think one of each desserts would have done me fine lol. I just love it when a menu has an item such as a trio of desserts where you get to try a little of each or an Entree like A Tour of Italy!

Looking forward to hearing about Fantasmic :-) I do hope Mickey was on good form!

That's one of the things that I think makes Stormalong Bay such a draw. It's one of the few properties that you can not pool hop to. That's why they had to check my MB. I love lamb too! When you come to CA, we will go to the Uva bar and have a Lamb burger! There was no Blue Curacao in that drink because PIO doesn't drink and if her DS ordered it, there definitely wasn't any in there!

That's funny, I always get the Tour of Italy at Olive Garden too, I like having a buffet at the table!

Dinner looks fabulous! Each one of those desserts and I'll be good to go popcorn::

How nice you were able to enjoy some solo pool time :)

Actually that was probably one of my least favorite dessert nights! I think Raglan Road or V&A's took the cake for desserts this trip. Although, just wait until I get to Saturday!

VGF!!!!!!:yay::banana::dance3::cheer2::yay: SOOO excited for you!!!!!! :love:

I'm so excited for me! I can't wait to finish up this TR to tell you all about the plans for that trip! I know you're going to jump the gun and ask me about it Jenny! :lmao: But you'll have to wait until I launch the PTR (already started in word BTW).

Once we finished dinner, we split up until our plans to meet for the F! show. You see when everyone else raced off to FP+ for TSMM you remember we went back to the room to sleep. Now it was our turn. However, if you remember my rant from earlier, when we swiped our magic bands across the little globe, of COURSE they didn’t work! :sad2: We almost left, but the CMs took pity on us, I guess because so many other people were having problems with the MBs, they let us board, but told us that we needed to go to Guest Relations and hook up MDE with our MBs. Well why? :confused3 This was our only FP+!!!!! We had fun, and I need to remember to take pictures of our scores. All I know is that we were both Beavers.

After our ride we headed over to the F! viewing area to line up for our seats. We were definitely glad that we did the dining package. We were able to go right past all the regular folks standing in the huge long line to enter the arena. We were able to get good seats right up high in the theater and pretty soon the show started. I’m not sure that my narration would improve anything, Fran shot these pictures, so I can’t take the credit. I think most of you know the story, mouse has dream, Malefient steals dream, we go all over Disney history and Mickey proves that good dreams can conquer bad dreams to make a happy ending. Now enjoy the pictures!

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

OK, I will put in my 2 cents. If you don't know, I really think that DL's F! is far superior to WDW's but looking at these pictures, it totally reinforces that fact. For the finale, the characters come out on a cheap boat that while it is the "Steamboat Willie" boat, it pales in comparison to the Mark Twain and the Columbia which are both prominently featured in the show. The other thing is that DL's F! just comes out of a great park attraction and transforms into an amazing spectacle, whereas WDW they fabricated a stadium. I know the seating situation is far superior because you don't have to camp out on the ground for hours, but other than that, I completely prefer DL's version. I have no idea what the whole Pocohontas scene has to do with it, that to me is a non sequitor. I really like the way that DL's version unfolds, there aren't too many distractions, it gets right on with the story. OK, again rant over. I guess I've been on roll in this days update, but there were a few things that I had to say since they were on my mind!

After that we headed back to the room. By this time it was pretty late, but our dinner started at 4PM, it was close to 10 or 11PM and I was starving. I’m sure you’ll remember that earlier in the week, we had lunch at the Lonestar Steakhouse. I had taken my leftovers home and this is what I did with them. Using the roll and leftover steak, I made a grilled steak and cheddar sandwich with a side of spinach. It was a perfect midnight snack! After which I took a Jacuzzi tub and fell right asleep.

The next day was going to be jam packed!

Glad you got to ride TSMM. The Dinosaur lady took pity on us too. I sat my rider swap pass down and someone took it while Crap and Xander rode. By the time I got up there, my fastpass plus had also expired (and Xander used his to ride with Crap). Luckily, she let me ride anyway. It is nice when the CM's give us a break. Hopefully, the magic bands work with the premier passes by your next visit. I am so glad we took the CM's advice and declined upgrading to the premier pass.

Your review of Fantasmic is spot on. I would describe it the sane way. The only thing I prefer is the seating situation. Other than that, Disneyland is WAY better.

My write-up of Fantasmic is going to be exactly the same when I eventually get up to it. No question in my mind....DL version is better.

Fran got great shots of the show. :thumbsup2

And you didn't tell me you were starving after the show. We could have gone somewhere for a snack.

I am glad that you got to ride Toy Story Mania even though the Magic Band did not work. I love the Fantasmic photos.

Corinna

Did I miss these on your TR? Fran wants to know if she can take her scooter...if we are going to spend that long there, she might need it!

We are all so far behind with everything so I know you will understand and forgive me :goodvibes I have been all over the place with my report .after I finish about Thanksgiving/anniversary staycation I will.....I have NO idea how you keep track of more than one to write :eek: you have my utmost respect...

Anyway I haven't posted all about the new TPC pictures & the things I bought there so I will answer here There is a " lift" to send the scooter up as there is no ramp for a wheelchair or ECV I think she will need it as the place is HUGE...that being said, there are tight aisles yet again like in the other place. I would bring it, ride the lift up ( there are a LOT of steps up on the staircase) and bring canes see how she feels maybe alternate both as needed ( its not on the ground floor anymore)

I am reading along I promise ( and was drooling over your Thanksgiving meal looked delicious ! ) just having trouble commenting everywhere when I want to Fred was just home as you know....prior to that I worked about 2 months straight through & now I am scheduled to work next 2 1/2 weeks straight...BLESSED to be getting hours but quite tired ...I know you will bear with me...love you both :love:

Great update and photos! I have always wondered how the Fantasmic package worked with seating if you have a scooter but looks like you didn't experience any issues :-)

Lol I said to Jo am I missing something here re the strange addition of Pocahontus. It's like she threw a tantrum and demanded to be in it. Jo said maybe she did! A relative of the director! A 'niece' lol.

Great way of utilising the doggy bag from Steakhouse. Do you use that term? In the UK we call the food you take away that you don't eat a doggy bag. So named because it use to be bits you would give your dog. Obviously not now lol. No way is my shih tzu getting his paws on our tour of Italy lol.

Those MBs! I read that 1 billion dollars and the project still hasn't gone live. ( as if we couldn't work that out lol ) . Ours worked ok but we were forever stood next to people getting the wrong colour light at the kiosks and having to go back to guest relations. It was like a game of Monopoly. Do not pass go...skip a turn...go back to jail..They sure are pretty ( I got jewels for mine ) and the idea of booking FP from hotel room great but if then you have to keep walking back to Guest relations and folks are reporting they are now doing twice the milage! Maybe this was their cunning plan to cut the lines lol. Keep us moving back to city hall lol.

Glad you got to ride TSMM. The Dinosaur lady took pity on us too. I sat my rider swap pass down and someone took it while Crap and Xander rode. By the time I got up there, my fastpass plus had also expired (and Xander used his to ride with Crap). Luckily, she let me ride anyway. It is nice when the CM's give us a break. Hopefully, the magic bands work with the premier passes by your next visit. I am so glad we took the CM's advice and declined upgrading to the premier pass.

Your review of Fantasmic is spot on. I would describe it the sane way. The only thing I prefer is the seating situation. Other than that, Disneyland is WAY better.

It's nice when the magic works out for you!

My write-up of Fantasmic is going to be exactly the same when I eventually get up to it. No question in my mind....DL version is better.

Fran got great shots of the show. :thumbsup2

And you didn't tell me you were starving after the show. We could have gone somewhere for a snack.

Wasn't that the night you came back to the room and prepped veggies? I just needed a little snack and that little sandwich did the trick.

I am glad that you got to ride Toy Story Mania even though the Magic Band did not work. I love the Fantasmic photos.

Corinna

Thanks!

I agree I enjoy Fantasmic more at DL too.

::yes::

We are all so far behind with everything so I know you will understand and forgive me :goodvibes I have been all over the place with my report .after I finish about Thanksgiving/anniversary staycation I will.....I have NO idea how you keep track of more than one to write :eek: you have my utmost respect...

Anyway I haven't posted all about the new TPC pictures & the things I bought there so I will answer here There is a " lift" to send the scooter up as there is no ramp for a wheelchair or ECV I think she will need it as the place is HUGE...that being said, there are tight aisles yet again like in the other place. I would bring it, ride the lift up ( there are a LOT of steps up on the staircase) and bring canes see how she feels maybe alternate both as needed ( its not on the ground floor anymore)

I am reading along I promise ( and was drooling over your Thanksgiving meal looked delicious ! ) just having trouble commenting everywhere when I want to Fred was just home as you know....prior to that I worked about 2 months straight through & now I am scheduled to work next 2 1/2 weeks straight...BLESSED to be getting hours but quite tired ...I know you will bear with me...love you both :love:

I have no problem since each of the three reports are on completely different subjects. I just don't talk about too much else in my life in the reports, I do that on the Old Fogies, Boo Boos and AKL Lite.

Great update and photos! I have always wondered how the Fantasmic package worked with seating if you have a scooter but looks like you didn't experience any issues :-)

Lol I said to Jo am I missing something here re the strange addition of Pocahontus. It's like she threw a tantrum and demanded to be in it. Jo said maybe she did! A relative of the director! A 'niece' lol.

Great way of utilising the doggy bag from Steakhouse. Do you use that term? In the UK we call the food you take away that you don't eat a doggy bag. So named because it use to be bits you would give your dog. Obviously not now lol. No way is my shih tzu getting his paws on our tour of Italy lol.

Those MBs! I read that 1 billion dollars and the project still hasn't gone live. ( as if we couldn't work that out lol ) . Ours worked ok but we were forever stood next to people getting the wrong colour light at the kiosks and having to go back to guest relations. It was like a game of Monopoly. Do not pass go...skip a turn...go back to jail..They sure are pretty ( I got jewels for mine ) and the idea of booking FP from hotel room great but if then you have to keep walking back to Guest relations and folks are reporting they are now doing twice the milage! Maybe this was their cunning plan to cut the lines lol. Keep us moving back to city hall lol.

Yeah, Fran read yesterday that the MBs are so over budget that they have put Avatarland on hold as well as other construction. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter