Realistic bus times form Kidani to MK vs SSR to MK

Idreamodisney247

Mouseketeer
In checking the distance in the miles chart it says that MK is 12 miles from AKL and SSR is only 5 miles. Taking the size of each resort into consideration, how long is the bus ride from each of these resorts to MK.

Because AKL is the fartherest resort from the parks(except AK), you will have a longer bus ride than staying at SSR. The ride will probably take 30-45 min(don't know for sure--never timed it). I've stayed at AKL before and taken the buses to the parks. You just have to pack your patience and let the bus get there when it does. I've also stayed at SSR and I would say it's about a 10-20 min bus ride to MK(depending on traffic).

Because AKL is the fartherest resort from the parks(except AK), you will have a longer bus ride than staying at SSR. The ride will probably take 30-45 min(don't know for sure--never timed it). I've stayed at AKL before and taken the buses to the parks. You just have to pack your patience and let the bus get there when it does. I've also stayed at SSR and I would say it's about a 10-20 min bus ride to MK(depending on traffic).

45 mins???? :sad2: Ugh, thats a looooong ride!

In checking the distance in the miles chart it says that MK is 12 miles from AKL and SSR is only 5 miles. Taking the size of each resort into consideration, how long is the bus ride from each of these resorts to MK.

Are you having trouble deciding between SSR & AKL? If so, I am in the same boat and it is driving me nuts! Im having a really hard time making a decision.

We stayed at AKV this past December. I can say the bus ride to MK was definitely not 45 minutes. I never timed it, but I would guess closer to 20 minutes is all.

It only has 2 stops as opposed to the 5(?) at SSR.

It was a beautiful resort! We loved it! And my kids especially like the bead activites.

That being said....we recently also stayed at POR and took the boat to DTD a few times. SSR looks like a very nice resort as well, and is walking distance to DTD, or just a short boat ride away! :thumbsup2

MrsH42608 said:
Are you having trouble deciding between SSR & AKL? If so, I am in the same boat and it is driving me nuts! Im having a really hard time making a decision.

I really am! I have never felt so indecisive in my life. I have changed my plans at least 3 times already. I think they must have a file on me at member services already. I would be embarassed if they did. Lol! I'm just so excited to be a new dvc member and I am dealing with a DH who is not a fan and I want the trip to be perfect for all

The ride to MK from AKV is not 45 min. 20-25 tops. Since there are only two stops at AKV, it seems to go quickly. If you stay at Kidani, the bus stops there first and is basically empty.

If getting to MK quickly is a top priority, then stay at BLT. Then you don't have to even deal with a bus to MK.

For your first trip as DVC members, pick the resort that you are most excited to stay at and you will never regret it! AKV is our personal favorite, and we don't mind the buses, even with a 7 year old.

We've stayed at both AKV and SSR. Both are great resorts, and I personally wouldn't let the length of the bus ride be the influencing factor. Considering the 5 stops on the grounds of SSR v. the 2 stops at AKV (plus t he longer ride) you're only looking at a difference of 5-10 minutes per ride. (Excluding the comparisons to DTD and Animal kingdom park)

Consider what type of resort you want to stay at. SSR is a stone's throw from DTD, so if you're going to spend a a lot of time there go with that. If you want a place to go back to at night that is away from the sensory overload of the parks, and is very relaxing I'd go with AKV.

One other consideration.....if you're staying in a 1 BR unit and would like an extra full bath (and an awesome master bath) get a room at kidani.

Good luck with your decision. I am sure you'll enjoy the trip regardless of where you stay.

I did time the bus ride from Kidani one day. 23 minutes. And we loaded wheelchairs at Jambo House.

At SSR if you are getting on at one of the first bus stops could be longer too.

Our Laughing Place that has timed out and provided averages of expected travel time lists AKV to MK as 21 minutes. The state they consider it similar from both Kidani and Jambo. And SSR to MK as 12 minutes. They do not mention the possible ride around the resort and I suspect that is the expected timing from the Springs stop to the park.

KAT4DISNEY said:
I did time the bus ride from Kidani one day. 23 minutes. And we loaded wheelchairs at Jambo House.

At SSR if you are getting on at one of the first bus stops could be longer too.

Our Laughing Place that has timed out and provided averages of expected travel time lists AKV to MK as 21 minutes. The state they consider it similar from both Kidani and Jambo. And SSR to MK as 12 minutes. They do not mention the possible ride around the resort and I suspect that is the expected timing from the Springs stop to the park.

It would be helpful if they specified.

It would be helpful if they specified.

Yes it would.

My general impression since I haven't timed it from SSR is that it will often be a little faster than AKV simply because of the distance to MK from each resort. But we've always been at one of the last 2 stops before leaving the resort and I'd guess the ride was shorter by 5-10 minutes.

I don't consider any of the bus rides to be awful. What usually is the variable that makes things worse or better is the timing at the stop. If you walk out when a bus has just left it's going to take time. And vice versa - if you walk out and leave within a couple of minutes it's all good.

It depends on if you are timing it from Kidani, because the bus stops at Jambo.

At SSR if staying in Springs, much quicker after you load than if you stay in Grandstand, as you ride the bus around the property.

I have to agree about not letting transportation from either make a difference, it is all a wash for a multiple park trip.

Advice from someone that has been going annually for many, many years. No trip is perfect for everyone. Just is not going to happen. Try for the best and accept the rest.

Sammie said:
It depends on if you are timing it from Kidani, because the bus stops at Jambo.

At SSR if staying in Springs, much quicker after you load than if you stay in Grandstand, as you ride the bus around the property.

I have to agree about not letting transportation from either make a difference, it is all a wash for a multiple park trip.

Advice from someone that has been going annually for many, many years. No trip is perfect for everyone. Just is not going to happen. Try for the best and accept the rest.
Great advice! I know I can't control every situation. I just wanted to be proactive on the things I could control. Lol!

I really am! I have never felt so indecisive in my life. I have changed my plans at least 3 times already. I think they must have a file on me at member services already. I would be embarassed if they did. Lol! I'm just so excited to be a new dvc member and I am dealing with a DH who is not a fan and I want the trip to be perfect for all

Oh no, you simply MUST get DH on our side!! I introduced my DH to Disney 5 years ago and was able to get him hooked pretty quickly! This trip that I'm currently stressed out about will be a first time trip for all my in-laws so I'm feeling A LOT of pressure. Don't feel bad, I'm sure member services feels the same way about me. Oh well, I'm sure there are more of us out there ;)

I made a pros and cons list last night and everything and I still just can't seem to decide. The one thing that I think may sway me from AKV (since we've stayed there in the past and it's amazing) is the darkness. Everything is really, really dark. I just toured SSR last week and it was just so beautiful, bright and cheery....but I'm still stuck. :sad2:

Good luck to you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter