• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Really stupid FP+ question

orangecuse

DIS Veteran
Okay so, I am probably going sound like an idiot:

Say I want to get a FP for Dumbo. Our party is me, my husband, and our 1.5 year old. On a ride like Dumbo (or Speedway, or Carpets, ect.) only one person can ride with my son right? Like, the cars are only set up for two people? So in that case can husband and baby ride with a FP, and then baby come back on with me for my FP?

If no, would it make more sense to have one parent FP the baby ride with our son and one FP something of interest to them? (Neither of us would ride Dumbo alone hahaha). Its doubly confusing to me because my son is under 3 so technically no ticket. I am afriad of most coasters so no RS concerns, I would just do the baby ride and let my husband go on a coaster. He’d rather us both get to do Dumbo or whatever though.

Okay so, I am probably going sound like an idiot:

Say I want to get a FP for Dumbo. Our party is me, my husband, and our 1.5 year old. On a ride like Dumbo (or Speedway, or Carpets, ect.) only one person can ride with my son right? Like, the cars are only set up for two people? So in that case can husband and baby ride with a FP, and then baby come back on with me for my FP?

If no, would it make more sense to have one parent FP the baby ride with our son and one FP something of interest to them? (Neither of us would ride Dumbo alone hahaha). Its doubly confusing to me because my son is under 3 so technically no ticket. I am afriad of most coasters so no RS concerns, I would just do the baby ride and let my husband go on a coaster. He’d rather us both get to do Dumbo or whatever though.

Children under 3 do not need FP. For each attraction you named, you could both get FP and each ride with him—he would get to ride twice.

Also, Dumbo fits three across. You can all ride together if you want to.

I believe every ride that you could take a 1.5 year old on will accommodate all three of you sitting together. There are only a few rides that only seat two across.

Last edited:

Also, Dumbo fits three across. You can all ride together if you want to.
This would depend on the size of the people, whether three would comfortably fit. If all are narrow, skinny people, that could work. If not, it could be rather cramped with two adults and a toddler.

This would depend on the size of the people, whether three would comfortably fit. If all are narrow, skinny people, that could work. If not, it could be rather cramped with two adults and a toddler.

Yeah with a 21 month old it was kind of cramped....but since she was literally trying to escape having 2 adults was a help...

Yeah with a 21 month old it was kind of cramped....but since she was literally trying to escape having 2 adults was a help...

Hahahaha honestly this is my concern too so if they will let both of us go on thats even better. I found a touring plans seat review and it looks like the only one they would never let us both on is astro orbiter and I am fine with that hahaha

You can do it either way. Note that the speedway has a height requirement. My 20 month old did not meet it on her first trip, but we are all on the very short side.

If your husband wants to do Seven Dwarfs while you do Dumbo (or before/after) that would be good. We rode Dumbo multiple times. I think my husband rode with us once. The nice thing about the times he stayed off is he took some great pictures of us together.

Like above we rode almost all the rides with no requirement 3 across. I say almost, but I can't think of any we didn't. We are short, but I was pregnant that trip.

You can also sit two adults across and have your son sit on a lap, which will let him see better.

Sometimes we also have one parent ride in the Dumbo in front of the other parent/child. We've gotten some great photos that way.

Even if the three of you don't fit in one row across, you can all ride together if you wish, but one of you would sit in one of the rows with the child, and the other would sit in a row in front or behind the others, in the same elephant.

Even if the three of you don't fit in one row across, you can all ride together if you wish, but one of you would sit in one of the rows with the child, and the other would sit in a row in front or behind the others, in the same elephant.
Actually, each elephant has only one row.

My husband, daughter (6) and I sat 3 across in Dumbo in November, and my husband is a tall/broad guy!

23622116_10212915554315602_1135312762515305735_n.jpg

We are not tiny people and we have done three in many places when ours was a toddler. It might not be the most comfortable ride but hey, it’s just for a few minutes and you get to enjoy your child together. If you happen to not fit, just one jump in the car behind and switch which one rides with the kid each time. No worries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter