Recent reviews of Roundup Rodeo?

maui2k5

DIS Veteran
Looking for recent experience at Roundup Rodeo this year with the menu changes. Thinking of going there for our trip this July (me, wife, girls 13/15). Debating if the quality of the food is worth the money (compared to other Disney options) and is the experience that good to justify the cost.

I would recommend it. Ate there last year and just last week and can say the quality of the main dishes has gone up. Previously only liked their biscuits and starters but this year the meats definitely improved. Mac n Cheese was one of the best I've had on property.

Looking for recent experience at Roundup Rodeo this year with the menu changes. Thinking of going there for our trip this July (me, wife, girls 13/15). Debating if the quality of the food is worth the money (compared to other Disney options) and is the experience that good to justify the cost.
I haven't heard about the menu changes. We went last summer and were planning to return soon. What has changed?

I haven't heard about the menu changes. We went last summer and were planning to return soon. What has changed?
They took away two of the starters. They still have the watermelon "salad"...it's just watermelon lol...and the tomato and cucumber salad which is still very good. I remember asking but I forget now which starters they took away...

And honestly I would pay the full price just to all I can eat biscuits and pepper jelly.

If you like Toy Story you’ll enjoying the themeing of the restaurant and it’s worth doing just once. The food when price is considered is just not worth repeating for us though.

The answer with character meals on quality is it’s never going to win any Michelin awards. But for the most part the food is pretty good in my opinion. Go for the theming. If the theming doesn’t appeal then don’t go.

The answer with character meals on quality is it’s never going to win any Michelin awards. But for the most part the food is pretty good in my opinion. Go for the theming. If the theming doesn’t appeal then don’t go.
It's not a character meal. If it was it would be about $20 more expensive.

You’re absolutely right. Don’t know why I said character.

My thought was more I group this with those type of restaurants. Food is fine I’m going for the atmosphere/theme/character.

I've been debating this one for our July trip as well - it seems we like about half of the menu. Will they bring you more of specific dishes if you request it (like other family style restaurants)?

I've been debating this one for our July trip as well - it seems we like about half of the menu. Will they bring you more of specific dishes if you request it (like other family style restaurants)?
Yes they bring you whatever you want and the servers are a little more interactive. Think Toy Story meets Whispering Canyon. The food is about the same as well. The meats anyway. The biscuits and jelly are imo one of the best starters at any restaurant on property. The tomato and cucumber salad is also very fresh and tasty. Desserts, as in most places like that...leave you wanting better. As for the meat platter, the ribs are the exact same as everywhere else on property that serves ribs. The sausage is kinda unique to here and very good. The chicken was the best this last time...fall off the bone tender. The brisket is tasty but all fat.

We went in March with a 11:15 am seating. The food was very tasty and the service was amazing. Our server kept checking back and asking if we wanted more. The desserts were yummy - my dd couldn't make up her mind so brought her 1 of each. LOL!

Just went, with my daughter, a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. The food was tasty and my adult chocolate milk was amazing. The biscuits, as everyone has said were good too! Our waiter was very attentive. Since, with two, you get a platter for four, there was enough food and more for us to eat. I would probably do it again.

Just went, with my daughter, a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. The food was tasty and my adult chocolate milk was amazing. The biscuits, as everyone has said were good too! Our waiter was very attentive. Since, with two, you get a platter for four, there was enough food and more for us to eat. I would probably do it again.….
So I had to see what the adult chocolate milk was- very intriguing….
I’m guessing it’s the Rum on the Range?
It sounds divine!
I wish I would have gotten that last year when we went.
Round Up Bbq not on the list for this year 😕.

Had lunch there today and it was excellent! Enjoyed all the meats except the brisket, which was a bit dry. Of the sides, enjoyed the corn best. And the biscuits were amazing - got a second order of those!

Ate there for dinner last week Sunday as our first meal of our Disney trip; it was fantastic. We skipped the two appetizers as they weren’t our thing. The biscuits were great though. For the meats they were all tasty but the ribs and brisket were the stand outs for me. The sides were solid, especially the Mac and cheese which looked really basic but was highly addictive. The desserts were a nice small sweet finish to the meal. It was a lot of food and a great value IMO.

The theming was interactive as guests were all responding to whatever was coming in on the restaurant speakers like everyone freezing in place a couple times. We had no idea what was going on. I’ve never seen Toy Story so don’t know if these were things from the film or if this was like a Rocky Horror Picture Show thing where people do crazy reactions to things. Our server was very friendly and was in character mode most of the time. You can totally go just for the food though.

Here's our review of our 4/6/24 visit:

Theming: As good as Disney has ever done. The gimmick of announcing "Andy's coming!" really works. All the CMs and every single guest froze in place until the all clear was given. Not a sound, not a movement, not the single clink of a fork could be heard. It was done probably 3 times while we were there (about 1 1/2 hours). Big applause afterwards.

Cheddar Biscuits: Excellent, we thought.

Watermelon and tomato salads: Nothing special, but did seem fresh.

Ribs: Good, not great. The only other place I've had ribs on property is the Hoop Dee Doo, and these are quite a bit better.

Chicken: Moist and tasty.

Brisket: Just okay.

Sausage: Nothing special here either.

Roast corn on the cob: Excellent. The cheese topping really does the trick.

Other sides: Mac 'n cheese, beans, slaw, potato barrels (tater tots) - nothing special here, with the slaw pretty decent.

Enormous quantity of food. We got through most of the meat, but lots of sides left over and we ate about 2 1/2 of the 4 biscuits.

I had a drink (Whinnyin' Whiskey Lemonade). Tasty but not much booze in it. I won't bother again.

We would definitely return here, as it is a fun place that probably no one else can do like Disney.

Theming: As good as Disney has ever done. The gimmick of announcing "Andy's coming!" really works. All the CMs and every single guest froze in place until the all clear was given. Not a sound, not a movement, not the single clink of a fork could be heard. It was done probably 3 times while we were there (about 1 1/2 hours). Big applause afterwards.
What was that about though? My husband and I had no idea what was going on. Also, do people just eat in this restaurant again and again so they have rehearsed these things?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter