• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recommendation for place to stop going south past Atlanta I-75

myjourney

DIS Veteran
Heading to Disney in a couple of weeks. Anybody recommend a good place to stop for the night past Atlanta heading south? Would prefer a pull through.

We usually stop at the Forsyth KOA 1 hour south. Easy in and out. Close to I-75, you will hear the traffic.

Check Jennings KOA Holiday. Little farther, 1st exit Florida, newly remodeled

Also a KOA in Tifton, that's my go to. Have heard good things about Eagles Roost in Lake Park, just before the FL border. Jennings KOA in FL is nice but a little pricey for an overnight. There's a secluded, quiet rv section with huge spaces in the southbound rest area just before the Macon bypass (475), you're not supposed to overnight but if you just need a few hours...

Last edited:

If the FL line isn't to far south, we have stayed at Eagle's Roost a couple times. Pull thru sites, but very narrow. Fine for an overnight.
We love Eagle's Roost, it's our go to stop when going to Fl. We live in Athens so it's about 5 hours from us.
Site 17 2 weeks ago 544517

August 31 this year site on the same row as 17 but I don't have my book with me right now

August 26 on the way down, the above one was the way back. This is one site over

We were also there in Oct. of 2019 but I didn't take pictures of that. Same site as above.

Carroll's sausage & country store, exit 82 in Ashburn, GA. They have an RV park next to the store. $30 for the night, and they give you a $10 voucher to use in the store. Pull throughs with 30/50 amps and full hookups. The meat counter there is huge and amazing, and you'll find something to use your $10 voucher on to throw on the grill, or put in the freezer for later. We stop there every time we're traveling through that area.

Cordele KOA journey is a nice park, very big KOA. Large pecan trees, had to stay a couple days on the way to Disney due to TS Tammy in 2005. FW called us and said the Fort would be closed on our day of arrival. Some guy near us was evacuating from Miami, he must of had 12 or more parrots, they sat on his picnic table all day, the kids really loved that part of our delay

We usually stay at Eagles Roost, exit 5 off of I75. That being said I usually have trouble with their 30 amp service. Trips breaker, not at post but main. Then have to get them to reset. So, the answer for us has been using 50 amp with a dog bone. Also, their 30 amp posts do not have 50 amp service. Also, no cable, if that is important to you. There is a pretty good place to eat. I think called Farm House. You will pass it going in. Country cooking. Some like the Steakhouse called Cowboys. Haven't eaten there though.

Perry Ponderosa RV Park a bit north of Perry GA. Run by a mother & son. Very clean and quiet.

I'd say it's about 330-350 miles north of WDW depending on your route. We normally stay a few days in Groveland before heading to the Fort and it's 315 from Perry to Groveland, then 34 from Groveland to WDW, but that's not a direct route.

We stayed at Eagles Roost last October on our way to the FT. Definitely going to stay there again next time we head down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter