Redweek-verified and protected

I would suggest you do a little research on the RedWeek site, and also perhaps check Timeshare User Group (www.tug2.net)

I do not participate, but my understanding of the system is that for these listings, RedWeek acts effectively as an escrow agent. As compared to regular ads, you have some additional protections against scammers (rare on RW, but can happen) because the timeshare owner does not get paid until the rental is completed. If the vacation falls through for whatever reason, you are protected as the owner will not get paid, and you will (presumably) get your money back when the dust settles.

Not sure how far or how they go about the verify part, but it is pretty easy to verify if an owner actually does own a timeshare interest, either by contacting the resort or checking county registers. Both of our ownerships are easy to verify on county registers, one in Osceola and one in Orange, if you know the details to search.

For all of this, I am sure that RW is taking a cut of the rental, so prices charged by owners may be higher to compensate for costs.

Again, just my understanding of the system from a few years ago when it was introduced. I remember the discussions among owners on TUG. My recollection could be off, or the details may have changed, so best to verify on RedWeek itself what the program entails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter