Reese family reviews 1/1 - 1/6

Mrs.Reese

My name is Dr. Reese and I
I'm going just going to give some quick reviews. We really tried to leave the parks and have dinner at the resorts. We were a party of six everynight except Boma and Kona Cafe. I have more detailed reviews in my trip-report.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1290932

Table Service

1) Boatwright's - This was decent. Everything was fresh. Meals came out as directed. It was a pleasant and relaxing meal at a resort but nothing that would be essential to live again. My jambalya was more rice than anything else.

2) 50's PTC - Everyone just loved this place. It was a ton of fun. :goodvibes The fried herb cheese is so good. I was almost licking my plate to eat it all. DF and DGF raved about their pot roast. The chocolate sodas were as good as the ones from the real 50's according to DGF. Smores - yummy!!!!!!!

3) Maya Grill - Now I know this has gotten mixed reviews but we love this place. The server actually seemed relieved we were on the dining plan. Drinks filled quickly as well as bread. I had the crabmeat chalupa and it was made with lump. DH had the margarita salad. It was so good I only got a bite. DGM had lamb. DGF a steak. I had the duck and DH had the mixed grill. There was nothing left on anyone's plates. We had great seat overlooking the lake. For dessert I had the rasberry chocolate cake and DH had the custard. Once again I only got a bite. This is a must do for us again.

4) Coral Reef - We were seated way in the back and waited and waited and waited some more. It took ten minutes for us to get drinks. Our server had way too many tables and almost threw our food at us. I had the lobster soup which had just a pinch too much salt. DH had crab claws. These were truly appetizer sized. I wouldn't reccommend sharing here. We both Ahi-Tuna and that just rocked. DGF had a steak and said that it was the best steak he had in a long while. We all had the chocoate wave except for DGM who had the brulee. Yes the chocolate wave lived up to all the hype. This is a loud restaurant!! If you want somewhere quiet, this isn't the place. While the food was great, if we weren't on the dining plan we wouldn't eat here again. A little pricey considering the portions.

5) Kona Cafe- This was just DH and I. We were seated way off in a back corner which was surprisingly quiet. This is another loud place. We had the wings and chowder for our appys. Just as our server got us our drinks and bread we got our appys. The chowder also lives up to its hype. DH had the filet mignon. Nice and tender. I had the shrimp and scallops. Even though I was full, I ate every bite on my plate. Dessert was the cheesecake and torte. DH abandoned his cheesecake to eat my torte. We also had the pressed coffee. There is no bitter taste in this coffee. I normally put cream into my coffee but I could drink this black. Service was adequate. We never waited long for refills but it did take quite a few minutes to get drinks in the first place. We will be back.

6) Boma - we liked experimenting with the dishes. Zebra domes rock and we got some in Mara for our 3 unused snacks before we left. It was loud and it was crowded. We were also put at a table right in the main server walkway. It almost seemed as though the table was put there as an afterthought. We don't need to go back just for zebra domes. We can get them at Mara.

General notes: We both really noticed a change in service when it was just the two of us. Our service the first four nights had been attentive. When it was just the two of us it almost felt as though we were an afterthought. This is something we experienced in Aug 05 when it was just the two of us as well. We never waited more than five minutes for our table. The dining plan was completely worth it. We don't eat out often and eating out where we don't have to worry about the bill was just heavenly.

;) :) :wizard: :banana:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter