• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Regardless of right/wrong..Using child credits??

Status
Not open for further replies.
yet another thread about to be closed because someone doesn't actually read what someone wrote.

She sais she is glad my kids will not be in her classroom.

Iam sorry is that not insulting to my children!!!!
The very fact that my children were even mentioned is wrong...never mind so negatively? and if you can't see that :badpc:
Iam a mother....I will always stand up for my kids. This is a thread about the dining plan....parenting skills should not be Questioned??? Can't you see that?

bicker said:
And this is always a source of conflict, on the Boards, as well as in life. Some people see what they're doing as so much in their own favor that that overwhelms rational logic. :) In the end, Disney will change it when they get around to it, and some people will whine about it no matter how much we warn them in advance. Hopefully, by our trying to help folks understand the reality, the number of folks disappointed when Disney does change things will be a lot less.

I have to admit that I would be suprised if Disney did change the plan. If we assume that only a minority are using the plan as pooled credits and getting more TS meals for adults then they would have without pooled credits and take into account the cost differential between the plans we may not be talking about a lot of money here. I say that when compared to implementing a change that will effect everyone that uses the plan. An effect that will require them to train all of the staff at the restaurants on how to ring up meals as child vs. adult credits, require reprogramming the computers and then have to deal with the inevitible mistakes that will happen and correct them. Given that the simplicity and flexibility of the dinning plan is part of its attraction and helps fill hotel rooms and has other financial benefits beyond the food service area I wonder if they really would want to change it and risk they potential problems just to avoid a small percentage of people that use the plan in this manner.

The reason I say I would be suprised at this point if they made a change, at least not until the begining of next year, is that during the free dinning promotion you had abuse on an large scale. People creating fictional children just to get the plan, outright fraud. If at any point if they wanted to change the plan you would think that would have put them over the edge. They still would have had enough time to implement a change for this year. Instead they haven't done anything. I know these changes take time but I don't really think there is a legal issue. As one poster said contractually it is gray and Disney does say they can change the plan at anytime.

Just my .02.

Tinker74 said:
Look...the fact is YOU DID target my children so don't try to worm your way out of it. Iam shocked beyond belief that you are a teacher????? :confused3

What a scary thought. You who insults innnocent chilren are now trying to take the moral high ground???? You are scum! I want this thread closed...if it has been reduced to MY kids being insulted.

No, I insult guilty adults :guilty: You're interpreting it as an insult to your children because it's easier than acknowledging that you're setting the example that the rules only apply when they're convenient.

I do like being clean, so perhaps I have a bit of soap scum build up. Thanks for pointing it out ;)

Pedler said:
I have to admit that I would be suprised if Disney did change the plan. If we assume that only a minority are using the plan as pooled credits and getting more TS meals for adults then they would have without pooled credits and take into account the cost differential between the plans we may not be talking about a lot of money here. I say that when compared to implementing a change that will effect everyone that uses the plan. An effect that will require them to train all of the staff at the restaurants on how to ring up meals as child vs. adult credits, require reprogramming the computers and then have to deal with the inevitible mistakes that will happen and correct them. Given that the simplicity and flexibility of the dinning plan is part of its attraction and helps fill hotel rooms and has other financial benefits beyond the food service area I wonder if they really would want to change it and risk they potential problems just to avoid a small percentage of people that use the plan in this manner.

The reason I say I would be suprised at this point if they made a change, at least not until the begining of next year, is that during the free dinning promotion you had abuse on an large scale. People creating fictional children just to get the plan, outright fraud. If at any point if they wanted to change the plan you would think that would have put them over the edge. They still would have had enough time to implement a change for this year. Instead they haven't done anything. I know these changes take time but I don't really think there is a legal issue. As one poster said contractually it is gray and Disney does say they can change the plan at anytime.

Just my .02.

If Disney is anything like most of the large companies I have worked for, than any change they make is done at a very glacial pace.

Actually Iam not feeling guilty at all. why should i FFS i haven't even been to disney yet. Yet because i got involved in a disscussion about the dining plan...suddenly iam a bad mother mother who,s children are not wecolme in your classroom.

But of cousre I misinterprated that did I????

Iam shocked at your lack of morals to be honest. I couldn't care less about who does what with the dining plan...but I will care when some lunatic starts calling my kids. You haven't even the grace to apologise. :confused3

In fact your sarcy face seems to find it funny.??? Are you really a teacher? :sad2:

Sorry Mickman..I think it must be a british thing..if you don't know what it means??
Iam from the UK.

Tinker74 said:
Actually Iam not feeling guilty at all. why should i FFS i haven't even been to disney yet. Yet because i got involved in a disscussion about the dining plan...suddenly iam a bad mother mother who,s children are not wecolme in your classroom.

But of cousre I misinterprated that did I????

Iam shocked at your lack of morals to be honest. I couldn't care less about who does what with the dining plan...but I will care when some lunatic starts calling my kids. You haven't even the grace to apologise. :confused3

In fact your sarcy face seems to find it funny.??? Are you really a teacher? :sad2:

ALL children are welcome in my classroom...their behavior just tells me a lot about their parents.

I know, I'm so immoral, getting what I paid for instead of trying to sneak more through. Yup, I'm scum :rolleyes: (and yes, I do think that's funny)

Thank you everyone for the supportive PM's :wizard:
Its nice to know some people still have the disney magic. :sunny:

Spacewannabei have nothing to say to you.So troll elsewhere. :sunny:

mickman1962 said:
If Disney is anything like most of the large companies I have worked for, than any change they make is done at a very glacial pace.

On that I think we are in total agreement. :thumbsup2

spaceacewannabe said:
No, I insult guilty adults :guilty: You're interpreting it as an insult to your children because it's easier than acknowledging that you're setting the example that the rules only apply when they're convenient.

I do like being clean, so perhaps I have a bit of soap scum build up. Thanks for pointing it out ;)

Spaceacewannabe,

I don't think there is cause to insult anyone and yes, I do think saying someones children are unwelcome in your classroom is a fairly insulting thing to say. Not only are you insulting the adult but you are saying you would hold it against the kids as well. That is definitely over the top and I think you do owe an apology. You may not have meant to say what you said but it did come across as pretty harsh.

As for your comment about the rules only apply when they are convienient I have yet to see where anyone has shown that the use of combined credits in any manner a person wants to use them is agains the rules. Even if it is a loophole it is still allowed and still within the rules. The only rule that people seem to think it is against is one that they make up. Even folks like Sammie I think admit that this is an allowed use as the plan is currently set up.

Pedler said:
Spaceacewannabe,

I don't think there is cause to insult anyone and yes, I do think saying someones children are unwelcome in your classroom is a fairly insulting thing to say. Not only are you insulting the adult but you are saying you would hold it against the kids as well. That is definitely over the top and I think you do owe an apology. You may not have meant to say what you said but it did come across as pretty harsh.

I'm done commenting on the dining plan, as I know that those who choose to take advantage will continue to do so and those that don't feel it's right already know it.

HOWEVER...I did NOT say that anyone was unwelcome in my classroom. In fact, I specifically mentioned that all students are. The "unwelcome" comment was added by others. If that child showed up in my room, I'd readily work with them and treat them as I'd treat any other child, which includes the expectation that they follow the same rules everyone else does.
So, harsh as it may be, read my post before demanding an apology of me.

I belive the OP asked "Regardless of right or wrong" and requested this thread not become a debate of that issue. I think some helpful information regarding the ins and outs of the dining plan has been given. However it has turned into a debate, compelte with hurt feelings and insults.

Let's all clam down some and take a deep breath. I don't think insulting kids is good, but I also don't think spaceacewannabe intent was to insult anyones children. I have never seen her behave as a troll before either. Tinker74, while I understand the mama bear instint to defend your children, your reaction as a rather intense and equaly insulting ( direct name calling,) As adults let's try to set a better example and play a little nicer shall we? :blush:

I am a lawless thug who's kids are destined to be barbarian hethans!

I've walked into MK with a Gatoraid and a granola bar in my pocket - smuggler!

I've cut up the extra patty from a bacon double cheeseburger for my young DS to eat at the Electric Umbrella, thus avoiding paying for a meal for him - dining swindler!

I've brought oatmeal packs to eat in our resort room on a park morning to get a quick start - cheating Disney out of Breakfast money again!

I've used the "Chuck Bubba" strategy on Dumbo as outlined in the Unoffical Guide, allowing DS to ride with DW without having to wait in line again - how rude!

I routinely drive a little less than 10 Mph over the speed limit - reckless potential vehicular homicide perpetrator!

And worst of all - I've entered the fastpass line to Tower of Terror after the fastpass window had expired - Anarchist!

My children should immediatly be removed from our home!

I hope at least someone was in the mood for a little humor. ;) As I posted earlier, I've never used the dining plan so I don't have boat in the race.

spaceacewannabe said:
I know it's nice to save money, but if you really believe that's not even the slightest bit cheating the system...well, I just hope your children are never in my classroom.

FYI I did read your post. I think your qoute speaks for itself. There is no universe where your above statement is OK. This is the DIS at it worst.

KayakDaddy said:
I am a lawless thug who's kids are destined to be barbarian hethans!

I've walked into MK with a Gatoraid and a granola bar in my pocket - smuggler!

I've cut up the extra patty from a bacon double cheeseburger for my young DS to eat at the Electric Umbrella, thus avoiding paying for a meal for him - dining swindler!

I've brought oatmeal packs to eat in our resort room on a park morning to get a quick start - cheating Disney out of Breakfast money again!

I've used the "Chuck Bubba" strategy on Dumbo as outlined in the Unoffical Guide, allowing DS to ride with DW without having to wait in line again - how rude!

I routinely drive a little less than 10 Mph over the speed limit - reckless potential vehicular homicide perpetrator!

And worst of all - I've entered the fastpass line to Tower of Terror after the fastpass window had expired - Anarchist!

My children should immediatly be removed from our home!

I hope at least someone was in the mood for a little humor. ;) As I posted earlier, I've never used the dining plan so I don't have boat in the race.

I am aghast! Next thing you are going to say is that you bring candy from the outside into movie theaters! pirate:

This has been an interesting thread. I have been considering the dining plan for our trip in September. After reading this I do have some observations.

It's hard to see how anyone is "cheating" Disney by using child's credits for an adult meal. The food is expensive and the plan locks people into dining exclusively in Disney. Also, this come as a benefit for paying more for rooms at a Disney resort than they would for a comparable room outside of Disney.

In other words, Disney makes more money off of the people using and manipulating the dining plan than they would if they were not on the dining plan in the first plan.

So I've decide not to use the plan.

With my wife, 11 year old son, and 7 year old daughter, we simply do not need all the food the plan provides. Now I have the amazing flexibility to pay out of pocket for my daughter's meal. I can split a meal with the wife if I want to. I can get the large bucket of popcorn and not the small as a snack. Or I can just go to my room and order Giordano's pizza for $25!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter