"Rejecting" a Fast Pass?

stepnut

Mouseketeer
Can you reject a Fast pass? For example, if I get a fast pass with a return time right smack in the middle of when we're planning to be back at the hotel for naptime, am I stuck with a fastpass I won't use, and does it prevent me from getting a fast pass at another ride I can use (because the return time fits our schedule better)??

Am I explaining it clearly?

Stepnut

There is a sign above the FastPass machines for each attraction that indicates what your return time will be within a few minutes .. if you choose to get an FP right then.

So.. your issued FP will be within 5 or 10 minutes.. of the time posted on the sign over the machines.. no surprises.

Check the sign before getting a FastPass. Once you have received a FastPass, you may not get another till the time indicated on the FP you were JUST issued.

Make sense?

Knox

We had this happen at Test Track...for some reason we never looked at the return time and when we did we :scared1: ....it was for like 4-5 hours later???
We asked if we could "void" it but were told no, we just had to wait it out till the time posted.
I have heard where you can leave the park and then re-enter (I think only works with a park hopper) and scanning the card re-sets the ability to get another fast pass...didn't try this myself, just read about it before.

1) Some people say you can use a Fast Pass after it expires.
2) I have seen people do this.
3) However, I have seen people turned away with expired Fast Passes.
4) As mentioned above, look at the clock at the dispenser.
5) It tells you when the passes will be valid.

say you are at epcot at 11 am get a fast pass for 5pm can you go to mk and get a fast pass????? how about that?

you can use the fastpass after time expires, did it all easter week, got them in the morning used in afternoon. I heard a CM at BTMRR tell people you can't come early but can come late same day only. and yes you can leave the park and come back to the same parkwithout parkhopper, just let them know before you leave.

you can use the fastpass after time expires, did it all easter week, got them in the morning used in afternoon. I heard a CM at BTMRR tell people you can't come early but can come late same day only. and yes you can leave the park and come back to the same parkwithout parkhopper, just let them know before you leave.

No need to let anyone know. You can just leave and come back whenever you want.

say you are at epcot at 11 am get a fast pass for 5pm can you go to mk and get a fast pass????? how about that?

It is my understanding that PF machines are only linked within each park, and are not linked from one park to the next, so yes, you could do what you suggest. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I have heard where you can leave the park and then re-enter

Wow! I never thought of that. :idea: I see much to-ing and fro-ing at the turnstiles on our next trip! [Kidding. Totally kidding].....................

Still though......... :scratchin

Also, if you decide you would rather have a different fast pass, and your time isn't up, you can trade your fastpass for another one. The expiration time (Time to get a new fastpass) stays the same it was. We've done this several times.

Like you have a fastpass for Test Track, it is several hours away, the kids change their minds and want a fastpass for Mission Space. The CM at the fastpass machines will take your test track fastpasses, tear them up, and print new ones for you for Mission Space.

I believe that you can get fastpasses 2 hours after the first ones (even if you still have the first set).

It is my understanding that PF machines are only linked within each park, and are not linked from one park to the next, so yes, you could do what you suggest. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Yep we have done it several times....get a fastpass over at Epcot - leave there and get them at MGM ....one night we did a three time back and forth between the two parks - it was really fun!

Liz

we did it all easter week as well - we got fastpasses for RRRC at MGM at 9am and we didn't use them til 9 pm - when we walked in the guy was like - 9 am wow I can't believe you waited that long!

Leslie

i've used fast passes way past their expiration time. we got passes at 11 am and didn't use them until about 9 pm at buzz lightyear. i've never seen anyone turned away with a fast pass unless it was before the time they were allotted.

We got turned away for using a fastpass AFTER its allotted time at MK. I was really surprised because we got caught in a rainstorm. The CM wouldn't budge so I guess it depends on who is working. It was for Philharmagic....maybe due to the theater size? So....I am hesitant to try that again.

I'd expect to get refused at limited-capacity attractions (Philarmagic, Little Mermaid, etc.) more frequently than at continuous operating attractions. The theaters have limited seating, and it wouldn't be fair to those who had fastpasses for the allotted show.

At best, they may allow you seating just before the next show if capacity has not been reached.

We had this happen at Test Track...for some reason we never looked at the return time and when we did we :scared1: ....it was for like 4-5 hours later???
We asked if we could "void" it but were told no, we just had to wait it out till the time posted.
I have heard where you can leave the park and then re-enter (I think only works with a park hopper) and scanning the card re-sets the ability to get another fast pass...didn't try this myself, just read about it before.

I'm thinking that there is a possibility that you are kidding about the re-enter policy. If so Ha Ha :lmao: If not then it is time someone tells you that you can leave and re-enter any park with your one park ticket or park hopper. The difference is that if you don't have a park hopper then you can only go back to the same park you started with. A park hopper, on the other hand, allows you to leave one park and go back to any park at WDW.

I was turned away at Soarin we were late by at least an hour - talked to a supervisor CM, since the FP return line was long, they were not honoring late fp return times - he wouldnt budge... :confused3 I know there have been many posts on the Dis from time to time about the back of the FP stating the policy. and the CM's do not mind late fp returns, as long as you dont show up early for your FP time...

but we just dont "plan"on being accepted late - its all good, its disney!! (should be interesting how the new FP machines will work - someone posted a picture of them, they are larger showing dates and times and a barcode... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter