Relaxation, Disney Style, PTR. ~*TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED! 9/18 Pg. 155*~

Love the ramble post-though it made perfect sense. Good luck starting school! I found the Teva mush flippies at DSW. Mine are a cute brown with a brown-pink-white stripey strap. Yay for a whole week if it works out. I just added a ticker for my Sep trip-we overlap :)

Leslie, I was so excited to see you have a PTR going! :cheer2: I have missed reading them.:goodvibes All of your recent changes sound exciting! POR is my favorite resort. It is so relaxing. Your trip itinerary looks great! I have had breakfast at Akerhaus (I totally spelled that wrong). The food was good and the interaction with the princesses was wonderful.:)

I knew the itinerary would change!!!

I love this one. :thumbsup2 You CAN do the price fixe menue with DDP - 1TS.
You have some great places picked out!
I think the idea of HBD for apps OOP is good!

You know, I hesitated posting about cutting up a book because I thought you might have a heart attack. :rotfl2: Trust me, I'm not one to cut up a book BUT I figure I have another copy of it so it's okay. :rotfl:

:lmao: You know me too well, LL! I think I am pretty okay with you cutting up a book since it is for a good cause (namely a Disney cause ;)). I wonder what that says about me if I am okay with vandalizing a book in the name of Disney. :rotfl:

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all you DIS Moms out there. :flower3:

Thank you! :goodvibes

Last night I joked to Marc that if he was going to be working all the time and we wouldn't be seeing each other a lot that we really should go for 7 nights at Disney, the full week effect. He totally bought it. Doesn't he know those jokes are serious when I'm planning a trip?! :rotfl: So he told me to make it work. So I did.

Charles has learned to be careful with those kinds of jokes. LOL!

I do have to say that with the new schedule it means I'm missing two days of class. I want to feel out school this week and talk to them and see how that is going to work.

Oh, I do hope it works out!

If it's too much to miss two days then I'll go back to the six night thing with some pouting on the side.

I love this sentence!!! :rotfl:

The itinerary looks great (for a second one and all ;))! I think it is a wise move to not do park hoppers and MNSSHP. It's not like you won't have plenty to do without them. That's one of the things I love about Disney -- always something to do!

LOL!!! Two things you could count on..the trip getting longer and many itinerary changes LOL!!! I'm so excited for you and Marc you guys are going to have the best time I just know it!!!!!

So far the plans look great! I can't wait to see version 3! LOL!!

very awesome! Gotta love Kona for breakfast. We paid OOP last time for that b/c it is really not worth it to use a dining credit. But if you don't pay OOP know that you can get the press-pot coffee AND the yummy juice as your two drinks on the plan. I did not know that going in.

LOVE the itinerary! You are packing in some great restaurants and also love that you are planning for some relaxing around the pool time too! :thumbsup2 I don't know about the TS credits at Chefs but I do know I love the prix fix meal... onion soup, croque monsieur and creme brulee. YUM-O! Hope you have a cute waiter. ;)

I have not been but believe that I have heard Narcoossee's pipes in the Wishes music. I have heard it is quite romantical. :lovestruc Can't wait to hear what you think of the Grand Floridian. It is quite grand!

I like your starting out departure day with something special. I need to find some tradition to make departure day not quite as depressing!

I'm super excited for your trip!! :yay:
I really want this trip to be an excellent balance of parks and relaxation. I'm thrilled with our plans. Hopefully I won't have to change them too much more. ;)

I snagged an earlier ADR for Narcoossee's at 8:25PM. Wishes is at 9PM so that should be just about perfect.

I need a leaving day tradition. So far I've done something different each trip but I'd like something for departure day that becomes a tradition.

You are single-handledly the most organized person I know :thumbsup2
Pffft...I think I'm just the most obsessed but thank you. :rotfl:

Love the ramble post-though it made perfect sense. Good luck starting school! I found the Teva mush flippies at DSW. Mine are a cute brown with a brown-pink-white stripey strap. Yay for a whole week if it works out. I just added a ticker for my Sep trip-we overlap :)
That is so cool. Where are you staying??

Leslie, I was so excited to see you have a PTR going! :cheer2: I have missed reading them.:goodvibes All of your recent changes sound exciting! POR is my favorite resort. It is so relaxing. Your trip itinerary looks great! I have had breakfast at Akerhaus (I totally spelled that wrong). The food was good and the interaction with the princesses was wonderful.:)
Thanks for finding me! I have to get back caught up on yours, I've been a bad DISer!

I knew the itinerary would change!!!

I love this one. :thumbsup2 You CAN do the price fixe menue with DDP - 1TS.
You have some great places picked out!
I think the idea of HBD for apps OOP is good!
That is such a great deal for the 1 TS credit at Les Chefs. Very cool. Marc might want to try something more adventurous but I love that lobster bisque. Mmmmm!

:lmao: You know me too well, LL! I think I am pretty okay with you cutting up a book since it is for a good cause (namely a Disney cause ;)). I wonder what that says about me if I am okay with vandalizing a book in the name of Disney. :rotfl:

Thank you! :goodvibes

Charles has learned to be careful with those kinds of jokes. LOL!

Oh, I do hope it works out!

I love this sentence!!! :rotfl:

The itinerary looks great (for a second one and all ;))! I think it is a wise move to not do park hoppers and MNSSHP. It's not like you won't have plenty to do without them. That's one of the things I love about Disney -- always something to do!
Thanks for forgiving me for cutting up a book. :rotfl:

Yes, you think Marc would have learned to be careful by now but I think he really wants as long as a vacation we can afford so it wasn't too difficult.

I hope school works out too. I have to tell you that I am so freaking nervous for Tuesday. I feel like a little kid again waiting for the first day of school. I hope this feeling goes away quick. :rotfl:

We will have plenty to do. In January, Jen and I ended up scrapping some of our plans for a more relaxed approach and that is really the kind of touring I like. I've gone often enough that I don't feel like I have to see EVERYTHING everytime I go. I'm good with that.

LOL!!! Two things you could count on..the trip getting longer and many itinerary changes LOL!!! I'm so excited for you and Marc you guys are going to have the best time I just know it!!!!!

So far the plans look great! I can't wait to see version 3! LOL!!
Yes, I guess my trips do have a way of getting longer but then again this one might become shorter again very quickly depending on school.

Wouldn't you all be shocked if I didn't change my plans! :scared1: :lmao:

very awesome! Gotta love Kona for breakfast. We paid OOP last time for that b/c it is really not worth it to use a dining credit. But if you don't pay OOP know that you can get the press-pot coffee AND the yummy juice as your two drinks on the plan. I did not know that going in.
We tried to get an ADR on Sunday for the PM Magic Kingdom EMH's but no luck. Marc said he wouldn't mind eating at Liberty Tree Tavern because we liked our dinner a lot in 2008 but I'm not sold on eating at LTT for both lunch and dinner on this trip. We'll see.

I can't wait to try that yummy juice!

I loved our relaxed approach to January and I think you and Marc will enjoy having time to just spend together, enjoying the resort, just enjoy being there!!! I'm definitely going to take that approach in October and just go with the flow!!

I am sending you lots of Pixie dust for Tuesday! You are going to do great! I'm so excited for you and school!!!! :cool1:

I loved our relaxed approach to January and I think you and Marc will enjoy having time to just spend together, enjoying the resort, just enjoy being there!!! I'm definitely going to take that approach in October and just go with the flow!!

I am sending you lots of Pixie dust for Tuesday! You are going to do great! I'm so excited for you and school!!!! :cool1:

Yes, relaxed is the way to go for me.

Thanks for the pixie dust for Tuesday. I'm such a dork that I'm freaking out about what I'm going to wear. :lmao:

I just added a ticker for my Sep trip-we overlap

That is so cool. Where are you staying??

First 2 nights at POP the next 3 at WL but waitlisted for BLT. Like Ms AnitaWigd I cannot justify using so many DVC points for weekend nights.

Hey LL!
Love your jumble update and your newest itinerary!! And yay for a longer trip!!!:cool1: Now I need to pull out our itineray and compare to see if we'll cross paths, other than at PORS!:banana: I still can't beleive we're going to be there the same time!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Good luck Tuesday!!!!:goodvibes

First 2 nights at POP the next 3 at WL but waitlisted for BLT. Like Ms AnitaWigd I cannot justify using so many DVC points for weekend nights.
I don't blame you for not wanting to burn your points on those expensive weekends! WL is gorgeous!

Hey LL!
Love your jumble update and your newest itinerary!! And yay for a longer trip!!!:cool1: Now I need to pull out our itineray and compare to see if we'll cross paths, other than at PORS!:banana: I still can't beleive we're going to be there the same time!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Good luck Tuesday!!!!:goodvibes
I can't believe it either, especially since neither of us had any idea the other was planning a trip! :rotfl2:

Hey LL! I dont have much to add, but you asked about arriving at the AK late and FPs to Everest. We rarely go to AK early. Most of our days there have started at noon or later, and we were able to get FPs without trouble to everything we wanted to ride. But you know, we get there late and stay till closing (since that is dinner time anyhow) and have enjoyed getting an ADR at the AKL just at closing time for the park, b/c getting a bus to a park is easy from the AK. Since you are staying at POR, you could get a bus to DTD from the AKL if you want, and take the boat back... but I wasnt clear on how you were doing dinner that night. You could do dinner at Yak and Yeti... that way you are still enjoying the park when people are leaving for dinner... Either way, I will say we have never done one of these days at the AK when it was EMHs.... and I know that the park is more crowded because of that. We have found noon - 6 is plenty of time for us to enjoy AK, but we usually go twice in a trip. At anyrate, I don't think you would have trouble getting a FP normally, but I am not sure how evening EMHs will impact the crowds at AK...
Regardless, your plans sound just wonderful! AND I like your choices! Great picks for ADRs! And yay for an extra day or two! :thumbsup2

Wow! That is quite the story but good for Disney for putting him into another position. I hope that is magic speak for fired. No one should be treated that way ESPECIALLY at Disney! :scared1:[/COLOR]

I got the feeling that his "new position" was outside the gates! ;) At least I hope it wasn't in a customer service capacity! Perhaps he could clean bathrooms? ;):flower3:

Your intinerary sounds awesome! But I'm sure it shall be tweaked often! I keep going back and forth debating on if I should ask for another few days off from work so I can go for my birthday....it would be a shame to miss out on free dining again! Plus we would overlap!

Oh btw - good luck at school!! :hug: You'll rock their socks!

I hope school works out too. I have to tell you that I am so freaking nervous for Tuesday. I feel like a little kid again waiting for the first day of school. I hope this feeling goes away quick. :rotfl:

So, I have to ask, do you have brand-new snazzy school supplies for the first day? A new bookbag? Do we get a post about the stylish notebook and pens I just know you must have bought? Please? :flower3:

Hey LL!

Your itinerary sounds great! I think you will enjoy the leisurely pace! I can't wait to hear your reviews on Narcoossee's! I want to eat there, but I haven't been able to yet. (I think they do actually pipe in the music from Wishes!!- that will be awesome!!)

It looks like you and I will be spending the same days at the Magic Kingdom as of right now! How exciting! I think we both like that park the best! Maybe we can meet up for a Dole Whip or something like that! ;)

I'm so glad you might be able to extend your trip! More time at Disney is always a great plan, and I'm glad Marc went along with you on that!! I had a similiar experience with my friend. I told her we could easily add two days for not too much money. She just went a long with it! I thought it was funny, too! I'm with you when you say the jokes made during planning are very serious! :lmao:

Can't wait to hear more. . .and maybe see your new school supplies! :rolleyes

Have a good one!

Lovely, LOVELY workup there, Leslie!! Such nice leisurely days.

YOu know it's totally because of you that I'm going to Brown Derby on my trip!! I can't wait!

Hey LL! I dont have much to add, but you asked about arriving at the AK late and FPs to Everest. We rarely go to AK early. Most of our days there have started at noon or later, and we were able to get FPs without trouble to everything we wanted to ride. But you know, we get there late and stay till closing (since that is dinner time anyhow) and have enjoyed getting an ADR at the AKL just at closing time for the park, b/c getting a bus to a park is easy from the AK. Since you are staying at POR, you could get a bus to DTD from the AKL if you want, and take the boat back... but I wasnt clear on how you were doing dinner that night. You could do dinner at Yak and Yeti... that way you are still enjoying the park when people are leaving for dinner... Either way, I will say we have never done one of these days at the AK when it was EMHs.... and I know that the park is more crowded because of that. We have found noon - 6 is plenty of time for us to enjoy AK, but we usually go twice in a trip. At anyrate, I don't think you would have trouble getting a FP normally, but I am not sure how evening EMHs will impact the crowds at AK...
Regardless, your plans sound just wonderful! AND I like your choices! Great picks for ADRs! And yay for an extra day or two! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the EE fastpass info. Right now we are booked for lunch at Yak N' Yeti but I REALLY like your idea on taking a bus to AKL for dinner. Even just quick service because don't they sell zebra domes there too? I'd really like to try those and check out AKL. Plus taking a bus to Downtown Disney and then the boat to POR would work out perfectly. I would have NEVER thought about that. So thanks again!

I got the feeling that his "new position" was outside the gates! ;) At least I hope it wasn't in a customer service capacity! Perhaps he could clean bathrooms? ;):flower3:

Your intinerary sounds awesome! But I'm sure it shall be tweaked often! I keep going back and forth debating on if I should ask for another few days off from work so I can go for my birthday....it would be a shame to miss out on free dining again! Plus we would overlap!

Oh btw - good luck at school!! :hug: You'll rock their socks!
Let's hope it was outside the gates!

Yes, I like the itinerary tweaking. I just can't help it. Yes, I'm going to enable you to go in September so we overlap!

So, I have to ask, do you have brand-new snazzy school supplies for the first day? A new bookbag? Do we get a post about the stylish notebook and pens I just know you must have bought? Please? :flower3:
You know, I'm totally slacking in my school supply shopping. I have to go tonight. I will post pictures for you. I'm freaking out about a bookbag though. I haven't been able to find ANYTHING that I like! :scared1:

Hey LL!

Your itinerary sounds great! I think you will enjoy the leisurely pace! I can't wait to hear your reviews on Narcoossee's! I want to eat there, but I haven't been able to yet. (I think they do actually pipe in the music from Wishes!!- that will be awesome!!)

It looks like you and I will be spending the same days at the Magic Kingdom as of right now! How exciting! I think we both like that park the best! Maybe we can meet up for a Dole Whip or something like that! ;)

I'm so glad you might be able to extend your trip! More time at Disney is always a great plan, and I'm glad Marc went along with you on that!! I had a similiar experience with my friend. I told her we could easily add two days for not too much money. She just went a long with it! I thought it was funny, too! I'm with you when you say the jokes made during planning are very serious! :lmao:

Can't wait to hear more. . .and maybe see your new school supplies! :rolleyes

Have a good one!
I'm really excited about Narcoossee's!

That is so cool that we are going to be at MK on the same days. We can try to arrange something but I'll pass on the Dole Whip, not my favorite treat. :rotfl:

I'm so glad that we are going to extend the trip. I'm not even going to entertain the possiblity that it will be a problem with school...at least not today. :laughing:

Lovely, LOVELY workup there, Leslie!! Such nice leisurely days.

YOu know it's totally because of you that I'm going to Brown Derby on my trip!! I can't wait!
Brown Derby is so delightful. I can't give it up, I have to eat there every trip. It's so beautiful and just fun to eat in that atmosphere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter