• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remember Virtual Magic Kingdom?

Pixie_Dust

DIS Veteran
I loved that game! I am just mentioning it because we recently got back from my first trip to Disneyland, and I was surprised at how many things I thought would be completely new because they are not at Disney World, but I was already somewhat familiar with them from all my time playing VMK! We would be going along and I would be like, "Look, there's Esmeralda at the Emporium!!" In retrospect it was interesting to see how many things that for a WDW person were unique to the game came straight out of DLP, lol :)

Yes, I played that for awhile. I didn't realize they didn't have it anymore. There was a Pirates one too but I just tried that for a few days. At least they still have Toontown! DS and I started playing that about 6 years ago and we go back and reactivate our account from time to time until we get tired of it again.

I loved VMK! There was so much I still wanted to do before it closed.
I loved the fact that it reminded me of DL itself when I was away from it & I could be there from home.

VMK was so much fun. I played from Beta until the last day and I still have my pins and cards. I do miss it sometimes and I really think of it when I see Shrunken Ned in Adventureland. Now I mostly play Pixie Hollow with my DD. It is cute and fun, but no where near as great as VMK was.

I still say "flawless" whenever I see great fireworks, and I have enough VMK cards to wallpaper my bathroom...hmmm....

I'll miss building a halloween ride on VMK this year.:sad1:

Smackeralchick

I loved VMK. I was another first day of beta to the last minute it was open people too. I even planned my first Disneyland trip just so I could experience all the in-park stuff as well!

Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter