Renaissance Resort?

Gagebre

Mouseketeer
I posted this on the Orlando hotel board but only got one response. Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? I got it for 2 nights in January and wanted to know about the rooms (clean, views, etc.) or any other helpful information. Does anyone know if all the king rooms have a pull-out couch? Also how's the breakfast?

Thanks!

I was there in Sept. The only negative was a few stains on carpet (and chair).
The hotel is a deluxe hotel. Tripple sheeting, nice - large rooms with high ceilings. Beds comfortable. They will bring you complimentary coffee or cocoa or tea with your wake up call in the morning if you ask.
Breakfast was in their restaurant - they did not have the buffet going when we were there (after 9/11 and the place was EMPTY)- we ordered off the menu. Very good.
On a scale of 1 - 10 , I give it an 8 1/2 (and if I hadn't been to Ritz Carltons it probably would get a 9...)
Don't know about the beds.
As far as views, unless you'll be seeing fireworks at SeaWorld, a SeaWorld view is no big deal. I thought the Atrium views looked cute (they have balcony's overlooking the hotel atrium.)

Highly recommended, I'll give it a 9.

Stayed there last July 4th when we visited DC. Trip report with pics is here. We had a regular club room facing the atrium. Our room had two beds and a table area. Bathroom had a tv in it. Game room is nice, pools are awesome, with a hot tub. The atmosphere of the place is just nice, hard to explain.

http://www.pompano.net/~robvia/SeaWorld1.htm

The Renaissance Resort appears to cater to business people and weddings at night, which is why it's not talked about much on the boards. But it's one of Orlando's best kept secrets.
During holidays, they lower their rates, but most people don't know about this. For example, when we went last July 4th, the club level room rate was $129 per night.

The club level gets you the top floor, You have to insert your card in a special slot in the elevator to activate it. The club level also gets you free breakfast, and snacks for dinner. How does this work? They have a little business room on the top floor which is staffed. In the morning they have a continental breakfast spread (bagels, fruit, juice). At night they serve spinach rolls and snacks with soda. You can also buy beer and wine if you want. This room also has a big screen TV in it with couches to sit on.
Spending the extra money for the club level room is worth it.
We never ate in the restaurants, we always ate in the club room.

Don't worry about which view you get. The atrium rooms are better because you have a balcony you can step out onto. The rooms facing out are just windows, unless you get a suite. You can't really see the fireworks from the hotel, you'd rather see them at SeaWorld. So the idea of a Seaworld view is just a false hype. The club room (meaning the one where you get free food) faces SeaWorld anyway, so you could go there to see the fireworks if you wanted.

Walking back and forth across the street to SeaWorld is Da Bomb. You're going to enjoy your stay. Be sure to get the club level.

I stayed at the Renaissance last September during a conference. I thought it was a very nice hotel. It is part of the Marriott chain of hotels. The room I was in faced the atrium, which was nice. I had two queen beds plus a large sitting area. I was supposed to check out on Sept. 11 to fly home, so I ended up having to stay four additional nights. Throughout this entire time, they were very professional, friendly, and accommodating to my needs. I was impressed that the manager wrote a letter and it was put under everybody's door, giving them his personal line if anybody needed any assistance during that horrible time.

Since I did not have a car and was alone, I ate at the hotel for all of my meals for five days straight and it was pretty good food. (I probably still have the room service menu memorized!! )

Although I would personally probably not to want to stay there again because of the extremely negative association I have with my stay there, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter