Renewing pass today. Can I pay half and put half on pmt plan?

Don't know if you can do this at all anymore so you may have to call. I'm pretty sure for online renewal I was only offered 12 equal monthly payments or pay in full.

That's all I'm offered as well. I did read in an article that you can do it by calling the MK number, but if you put down half (or any amount larger than what Disney automatically assigns), your payments don't decrease, you just pay it off quicker.

I'd like to just pay it off but I want to use two forms of payment (2 different CCs), which also is not an option on the online platform, so I guess I'll just call. Wish me luck :laughing:

Just got off the phone and it seems there is only the payment plan option if renewing online or over the phone if you're not paying the full amount. You cannot use more than one form of payment (I wanted to split the cost half and half with my DH, using 2 separate CCs). You can do any of those options at a ticket booth (I don't live nearby). In other words, you have to go through the automated system on the Disneyland website and choose either pay in full or monthly payments, and only one form of payment is allowed. If you choose monthly payments, you cannot pay more than the initial month's payment unless you call (and they couldn't do it until Monday). Even if you put down more, the monthly payment remains 1/12 of the total cost of the pass. So my Inspire Key has a monthly payment of $137.50 and you can only pay that amount when you renew online. If I did that, then called later to pay it down to half, my monthly payments would remain $137.50, it would just take less time to pay it off.

This seems like a stupid system to me. I just want to split the cost but can't figure out how to do that without going to a ticket booth. I'm 500 miles away and not going until Nov 11. I need my pass to makepark reservations for Dec. and since my pass expires in 30 days, I can't do that.

If you have a Disney Visa, you could do something similar to this. Large Disney purchases get 6 months of no interest financing, so you could put the renewal on the card, pay the part you wanted to off right away on the card and make payments on the rest until the 6 months is up. Not exactly what you wanted to do, but might help? Plus, you earn Rewards dollars on the purchase.

This seems like a stupid system to me. I just want to split the cost but can't figure out how to do that without going to a ticket booth. I'm 500 miles away and not going until Nov 11. I need my pass to make park reservations for Dec. and since my pass expires in 30 days, I can't do that.
I agree. I went through something similar. I wanted to use a gift card and pay the rest by credit card. I had to go to the park to do that.

If you have a Disney Visa, you could do something similar to this. Large Disney purchases get 6 months of no interest financing, so you could put the renewal on the card, pay the part you wanted to off right away on the card and make payments on the rest until the 6 months is up. Not exactly what you wanted to do, but might help? Plus, you earn Rewards dollars on the purchase.
Oh, thanks! That would definitely be better because I could control the payments and get rewards dollars. Great suggestion.

The only issue is that it still doesn't allow me to split the cost with DH unless he makes half my cc payment (we each have our own bank accounts and split up the bills).

Oh, thanks! That would definitely be better because I could control the payments and get rewards dollars. Great suggestion.

The only issue is that it still doesn't allow me to split the cost with DH unless he makes half my cc payment (we each have our own bank accounts and split up the bills).
He could either pay you directly, or make a credit card payment. We have sent in cashier's checks as payment before- in case you're worried about it being from his bank account?

Disney visa doesn't work the way a prior poster said. It's only for vacation packages. Not tickets only...

Disney visa doesn't work the way a prior poster said. It's only for vacation packages. Not tickets only...
Well that takes away any benefit to me for using my Disney Visa, ha ha.

I'm still kind of stuck as to how to use dh's card for half. I guess I'll call again tomorrow and see if there IS some way to pay half with the card and split the rest into monthly payments. They will still be the $137.50/mo but it would only be for 6 months instead of 12.

I'm still kind of stuck as to how to use dh's card for half. I guess I'll call again tomorrow and see if there IS some way to pay half with the card and split the rest into monthly payments. They will still be the $137.50/mo but it would only be for 6 months instead of 12.

Could you call and pay half now on one card? And then when you are there in November, go to the booths and pay off the balance on another card? Seems like that should work. Or if there will be a payment between those dates, pay for 5/12 of the pass now and then have one automatic payment. And then pay the other half in person in November.

Could you call and pay half now on one card? And then when you are there in November, go to the booths and pay off the balance on another card?
This is my current plan. Fingers crossed! When I called yesterday, they told me no. Options were pay it all or go with 12 equal payments unless I could get to a ticket booth. The main issue is that both online and over the phone yesterday gave me the same option of pay all at once or do12 equal payments, so if they hold to that, there is no way to put half on dh's card. He doesn't go to DLR so when I go next month, I can only use my card. If they won't let me do half over the phone, I can only put $137.50 on his card.

Too bad he didn't offer to let me put it ALL on his card, LOL!

Why don't you just do separate transactions?
One for your MK with your credit card.
One for his MK with his credit card.

Why don't you just do separate transactions?
One for your MK with your credit card.
One for his MK with his credit card.
There is only one MK, mine. DH doesn't go. He usually pays for all of it but this year he offered half.

There is only one MK, mine. DH doesn't go. He usually pays for all of it but this year he offered half.

Ok, hmm. Then why don't you just pay with your credit card the amount you want to, sign up for the monthly payment plans and then when it gets to the point of where the amount would be the half that DH would cover then call to pay the rest of it off with his CC?

Ok, hmm. Then why don't you just pay with your credit card the amount you want to, sign up for the monthly payment plans and then when it gets to the point of where the amount would be the half that DH would cover then call to pay the rest of it off with his CC?
That's what I was thinking, but I just got off the phone and the CM said that I could not use 2 forms of payment.

She also told me when I go in person next month that I could pay my half at a ticket booth and the remainder would come as monthly payments (for dh's card). Now that I'm off the phone, I realized that that is still 2 forms of payment and would they allow me to pay off my half on a different credit card if it's done in person? Ugh. This is confusing my little pea brain.

I suppose I could pay my half in cash, though?

That's what I was thinking, but I just got off the phone and the CM said that I could not use 2 forms of payment.

She also told me when I go in person next month that I could pay my half at a ticket booth and the remainder would come as monthly payments (for dh's card). Now that I'm off the phone, I realized that that is still 2 forms of payment and would they allow me to pay off my half on a different credit card if it's done in person? Ugh. This is confusing my little pea brain.

I suppose I could pay my half in cash, though?

When you go in person, you can do 2 forms of payment.

You can use a Disney gift card to pay if you're paying in full, right? If so can you each buy a Disney GC with your respective cards for half the amount, then combine the two cards onto one GC and pay with that as a single transaction?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter