Rental Car Discounts

SheriB

DIS Veteran
I have tried literally every discount coupon code from Hertz thru my AAA, National thru DC (although now it's Alamo), and every mousesaver's.com code I could get my hands on for a minivan for next June (I've been playing with the codes for over two weeks now). The only code that gave me any discount was the mousesaver's KISS code thru Dollar. A minivan for 8 days (Monday to Monday inclusive) for $289.98 before taxes. I think I'm gonna take it, because nothing else is below $400.00 (ok, one was for $398.11). Do you think this is good, or should I hold out for something better? Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks,
Sheri

P.S. Dollar is on-site at the airport, isn't it?

Take it and keep checking every so often to get a better rate. You can always cancel the reservation and make a new one if the prices come down. Rates will probably come down as it gets closer to your trip, but if they don't, at least you have a rate you can live with.

Dollar is on site at the MCO airport - both counter and cars.

In the past the earlier you booked a rental car, the better rate you received. It seems that just he opposite is true now.

You're really too far out right now for reasonable rates. We're going to OKW for two weeks in February and I can't find any good rates yet.

As previously suggested: just keep trying...

Most codes are only good through a certain date...they have 'expiration dates' just like regular coupons have. The problem with sites like mousesavers & biddingfortravel is, they list the codes...but they don't list the rules or expiration dates for these codes, so your really wasting your time with most of them. Most codes I have seen expire either at the end of December or the end of March.

Thanks for the info, guys. I used to think that the earlier you booked, the better,also, but I do see that most discount codes, including those for flights, are better closer to your travel dates (although not too close). Go figure.

:confused:

Sheri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter