Rental ECV Battery Range; Spare battery; in-park charge times

Combustion engines are allowed in WDW?
A recent clarification of the ADA laws published by the Dept. Of Justice say ... sorta.

The category of mobility device is refered to as Other Power Driven Mobility Devices and they cannot be banned categorically. An individual has the right to choose what sort of mobility device they use and can only be prohibited from doing so by a business when doing so will (not might, not could)present a legitimate safety risk.

Even then the business must restrict their use in the least restrictive way. Like if someone's choice to use a wider ecv presented safety concerns while indoors but not while out on the general pathways, a business could only restrict their use in those areas where there is actual risk. (https://www.ada.gov/opdmd.htm)

In my friends partucular case, her engine powerplant ran on denatured alcohol and produced less toxic exhaust than a 4 slice toaster. It was utterly silent, made about as much noise as a new set of tires makes. It was double shielded and insulated for noise and heat so would present no opportunity for anyone to burn themselves, or spill anything. And was not designed to be run indoors. During the testing, we'd kicked it on in the parks and rolled through security, had conversations with cast, it operates unnoticed.

Kinda sadly, it also operated unneeded. I pulled two lead acid Batts and replaced one with a 70volt Lion battery and the other with my Dynamo pack, intending to make a hybrid like a prius. But I did just as well to leave the tiny engine at home. Better even. The weight savings from switching to L ion and it's greater capacity and much faster charging time made going hybrid a complete overkill.

Really, the rental company ECVs are designed to last the day, just get the one most appropriately sized for you, of course if you are concerned, you can always go up a size as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter