Renting Cars w/ Check Cards

grumbada

Imagineer Wannabe
Hey Folks!....

To make sure I don't make the same awkward, inconvenient, and very expensive mistake I made last year with Hertz... Does anyone know which car rental places in Orlando WILL accept a check card to rent a car?

(Mine says VISA on it, I can reserve a car with it... But some places won't give me the car unless I show an "actual" credit card)

Help?

Alamo, Dollar and I believe Budget. By some minor miricle, I can use my check card with National and do all the time, guess it all depends on how it is "coded" by the bank.

Thank You Gail! :D

You've greatly helped me to tame this "Rental-Car-Whirlwind" I'm experiencing.
Now I can focus more on bargain hunting.
Woo-hoo!

:jester:

grumbada,
You are most welcome, anytime.
If you try Alamo, here are two codes that might help, anyone can use them, no coupons or proof of anything needed. "OG" or "YQ". Hope this helps.

FYI... I could not use my check card to rent a car with Alamo during my trip in May - we bank at Wells Fargo. I had to give them a credit card upon rental and then pay with the check card when I turned the car in. You may want to call the rental agencies ahead of time just be be sure.... like Gail said, it just may be how the card is coded with the bank.....

Alamo will let you use a debit card WITHOUT presenting a regular credit card at their airport locations. They will NOT let you use a debit card without a regular credit card at their regular neighborhood locations.

Gem is absolutely correct, for any questions about this consult the web site, it is there in black and white.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter