• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting points

poohtink

Earning My Ears
I am a DVC Member already but a friend of mine wants to go and I told her about renting points. I have never done it but was wondering if anyone has any experience (good or bad) with renting points.

Thanks

By the way 2 trips planned for this year can't wait June and November

If you want to take it on as well you could have someone transfer the points into your account .

That way you could have control of the ressie and it might be a bit more trusting.

Renting is all about Trust and many here on the DIS do it with no problem.

Go to the DVC misc. and find the contract that a DIS member has put together. Plus that board has a lot of great advice concerning the renting of points.

I had someone else do a ressie for me last year for the last, oppps first time and there was no problem.
It worked out great. The ressie was in our name when we got there.
Of course, at first, i was a bit nervous due to not doing this before and not knowing if everything would transfer into my name, however it did.

do it, i find that the people on these dis boards are not out to take advantage of anyone.

colieolie:rolleyes1

Have her read all the FAQs at the top of the Rent/Trade Board. That's a start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter