Request from PO3

Holly, I just read Nan's update. I'm SO sorry!! Sending you lots of prayers and pixie dust!! If you need anything, just let me know!! :hug:

As of yesterday afternoon, they had released mom and she is staying with Holly for now. They were waiting for the surgeon to call. I'll touch base with her again this morning.

Thanks everyone, I update her when I speak and/or txt with her and she cries and says she can't thank us all enough!!!

Holly, so sorry to hear about this - just read through the thread. Please know that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and if you need anythingknow that I am here and ready to help in any way I can...

Love

Rhonda

Holy- I am so sorry about your mom. She is in our prayers and I will add her to the church prayer list.

Rebecca

morning all!

OH BOY i'm on a whirl wind of a roller coaster ride. just thought i'd pop in and update you on what's what.

so i took mom to the surgeon on monday and dh took the day out, because we had bubba in the er for 10hrs on sunday. the surgeon gave us a date and sent us on our merry way.
ds seem to be getting better.
yesterday i sent him to school, dh back to work and i took mom to the cancer dr. what a heck of a time it was to get her there. she so weak and frail. and in tons of pain.
after waiting what seemed like forever they finally took us in and we waiting in the room. all the time my mom just said how sick she was and how much pain she was having.
the cancer dr came in and said "what can i do for you today??!! we will talk about what to do for treatment after the surgery. but what about today?"
at that time her primary dr walked in the room, (keep in mind this is NO where near his office) and said i just got the blood work back from monday and she needs to be admitted shes in kidney failure!!!!! OMG!!!! what are you saying to me?? because i thought you just said kidney failure! yup that's what he said. oh mrs. c go to the lab have blood work and wait for transport to take you to the hospital.
ok off to the lab, one door down and after an HOUR of trying to get blood finally some came out. very little. then we sit and wait. and wait. and wait some more. finally i ask someone. are we in the right place to be waiting for someone to take her to admitting. -which is another building by the way.
"oh let me ask the nurse i'll be right back................
lets wait some more. she never comes back. all the time my mom is in so much pain. ok so finally i can't take it anymore and i wheel her over to the main desk and ask her if we are in the right place. oh let me call over to the hospital. - ok good. why don't you.
yup she's being admitted.
no kidding!
i'll just wheel her over there myself. up and out of that building and i'm wheeling her over to the main building and i almost drop her out of the chair!!! we get there and wait. and wait. and wait.
finally i have to ask someone to check her in. oh go wait by the sofa and someone will call you.
finally they do, i get her upstairs in the room and the dr comes in. i tell him how much pain she's in and he orders is STAT!
they gave her a ton of med. ok i chat with this cancer dr and tell him i have to go get my son off the bus, he says not to worry he's on it! so i feel ok. i'm leaving and they are talking morphine. OMG wait. she cant have that! is anyone reading her chart??? so they give her something else. she tells me to go get J. i told her dh would get him and she said, please go get J. so i did.
my sister (who's nutty by the way) calls and said that she just left the hospital with her husband whos been sick and they have been to everyone trying to find out what's wrong with him. Well yesterday they did. ........ALS!
OMG. really? ok breath. she beside herself & is on her way to see Ma. I tell her she can not see her in that condition. so put yourself together before you see her. my sister calls and said she's out of it. (ma) so i do homework and dinner with my boys and ask them if they will ride down there with me so i can at least say good night to her. I go in and she said it's been crazy here today. I asked the nurse what's up? and she said the dr ordered so much medicine that my mom almost OD'd on the pain medicine. OMG again. why? she said i thought it was a lot of med's but he ordered it and who am I to question him?! so they gave her something else to counter act it. they put a foley in and they finally got an iv started. she's hooked up to so much stuff i cant stand to see her like this. they tell me her kidney's could be failing because of the contrast she drank for her ct scan. yup. they are not sure, but that's how they are leaning. ok. i had her there on sat because she was not peeing and her legs were swollen and it's in her chart that she had a ct scan w/ contrast and nobody put 2 and 2 together??????? why???
i got updated stayed just a few minutes so she could rest and told her how much i loved her and she said "i love you more! i win!" :sad:
ok get home and J. is now coughing unbelievable. ok give him meds and a neb and get him quiet. i'm wiped out by this point.
i have not slept a wink and saw the sun come up and J. gets up and is burning hot! fever! my ear hurts. my throat hurts. ok call the dr and they say 10:45. ok. what's up with him? i throw my clothes on run to the hospital to check on mom and check in with the kidney dr and they were taking her to cardi to do an ekg. she's in so much pain and the nurse -who i could just slap- said she off any and all pain meds because she was unresponsive at 3 am because of all the pain meds from yesterday. and i get that it was just the way she said it. she's about 22 and knows just about everything. was the attitude she was sending off.
so i'm sorry this is so long, but please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. i'm in for a long haul. i can not take just one more thing. i'm sick inside.
if you are still reading this, thank you for staying with me this long. thank you for letting me vent. thank you for your friendship. you guys really don't know how much i appreciate all of you.
:hug:

Oh Holly! I wish I could hug you right now! :hug::hug::hug:

why is it when things are a little crazy, there are really, really crazy??!!

:grouphug:

I'm thinking about you and your family. (but not in a creepy stalker way...)

Oh Holly!!
:hug::hug:

I am so sad for you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
What hospital is your Mom at?

Oh good heavens, Holly! Enough is enough! We really really need to meet this weekend for a couple of cocktails! Please let me know what I can do. Thinking of you!

thanks guys!
i can use all the thougths and prayers and anything else you can musta up!

she is in pawtucket memorial. which i wish i could take her into boston which is the best, but she'd never make the trip.

i just don't know what to do or say or think.......or anything.....

enough is enough. right! i feel like i can't breath sometimes. i'm just so overwhelmed.

Hugs Holly! I'm so sorry I didn't get your text yesterday until way late! I am praying for you all daily. Let me know if you need anything.:hug:

One day, one hour, one step, one breath at a time...We're here for you! Please, you need to remember to take care of yourself too...Try to find an hour or two this weekend when we can meet and have lunch. :hug:

Oh, PO3!

I'm so sorry for what you've experienced! My thoughts and prayers
go to you and your family ... for the doctors to get a grip on what
they're doing ... and for the know-it-all nurse to get a reality check
and not at your mom's expense.

Marylee pixiedust:

Holly, lots of prayers and good thoughts going out to all of you. :hug: for you. Be sure to take care of you too so you can help your mom and bubba. I wish I could be there to help you out some.:hug:

Oh, Holly, I am so sorry! I wish there was something more we could do for you, but I just want to say that I think you are amazing - you may not feel like you're holding it together well, but quite clearly you are. Your mom, Bubba and DH are so lucky to have you. Hang in there! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. :hug:

OMG! Holly, I am so sorry.. If I were closer I'd be doing tag team w/ you either taking care of bubba or sitting with your mom...
OD on pain meds... nurse thought it was too much but didn't want to question the doctor... wow! I'd be questioning him.... she is just as responsible as she is administrating the meds... but maybe that is just the over sensitive person I am.. worry about everything and everyone...
Did they not call you when she was unresponsive.. I know they need to take care of her first..but I would want that 3:15am call to let me know.... KWIM?
Many hugs and prayers to you sweetie... I'm on a call, text away...

Holly, Sending P&PD for your family!

With your mom being so sick, and swollen, you would have thought they would have admitted her sooner actually. Hopefully your mom will respond well to the IVs, her kidneys aren't damaged from the dyes, and she starts feeling better soon!

When DUnc96 was in renal failure, he was so sick from it...and his potassium level was way too high, and that caused terrible nausea and body aches and such weakness it was scary! Once he got fluids and things started working again, he felt so much better, and was able to eat again.

Oh Holly, I am so sorry you are dealing with all this right now. Saying prayers for your whole family!:hug:

Oh Holly, here I am whining about sinus pain, but that is nothing to what your poor Mom is going through. I wish there was something I could do to help you out. You, Mom, and Bubba are in my thoughts. Continued prayers and pixie dust coming your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter