RESALE POLICY CHANGE!

Hey that could be a new perk, um benefit, or whatever it is. If you're a direct buyer you can get your room no later than 4PM? If you're a resale owner, we'll give to you when we're darn good and ready to... ;)
Hey, don't joke around about that! Some systems already do exactly that...although they call it a VIP program perk.

I would totally buy direct for that! The rest of the "perks" are a yawn. Unless you're local maybe and can go to events.

Not that it matters because the have no wait lists for resorts I would buy direct for. (Already have Aulani and so a Poly add is a little much on the Hawaiian theme.)

DVC effort and response to issues and problems is definitely on the weak side at best. I'm know things happen with all resorts and system but it seems to happen regularly with DVC. The sad part is that the areas where DVC falls down all seem to be things that could be fairly easily fixed with planning, leadership and effort.

Sad, but true. I've called regarding maintenance issues that directly affected our stay on a couple of occasions, and nobody has ever so much as acknowledged or done anything to remedy the situation. Maybe bad luck, but pretty poor IMHO. I even called multiple times on one issue and a manager assured me it would be taken care of by a certain time, and still nothing ever happened.

Sad, but true. I've called regarding maintenance issues that directly affected our stay on a couple of occasions, and nobody has ever so much as acknowledged or done anything to remedy the situation. Maybe bad luck, but pretty poor IMHO. I even called multiple times on one issue and a manager assured me it would be taken care of by a certain time, and still nothing ever happened.

I was surprised too when this happened to us. We were in a two bedroom at GVfs and the freezer was not working which I really needed since I drink iced coffee every morning. I stayed for 7 nights and called every day for about four days and even spoke to the front desk girls on my way back from the gym one morning. I finally gave up and just would get my ice from the machine each morning.

I've had to wait about 30% of the time. Room is usually, but not always, ready when I arrive at OKW. I usually arrive before noon.

The only time I had to wait past 4:00 was at VGC, it was around 5:00. The front desk cm gave us each a use anywhere fastpass (except RSR).

The only time I had to wait past 4:00 was at VGC, it was around 5:00. The front desk cm gave us each a use anywhere fastpass (except RSR).

I have had to wait past 4 almost every time at VGC. And never any compensation. BLT is the other one - I don't think we've ever gotten the room earlier than 4:45 or 5 and I have to remember to stop making early dinner plans when we move there. Also after 4pm 90% of the time at BCV. Most other locations it's been rare to get the room after 4 unless it's because we've arrived after 4. :goodvibes

From the DVC site. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/pre-arrival-checklist/check-in-check-out-times/

What time is Check-In and Check-Out at Disney Vacation Club Resorts?
A.
Check-In is after 4:00 PM (please notify Member Services if you're planning a late arrival), and Check-Out is by 11:00 AM.

DVC makes money by sales. Disney Food and Beverage makes money on selling things to eat. They are all owned and operated by the Disney company but each divisions works as a small company with a budget and profit goals.

Just like the MK parties for the anniversary, DVD had to rent the MK and pay Disney parks for that.
It might be one Disney experience to the guest but in the board rooms and on paper, they are all separate with separate budgets and different goals.

Actually these are the details on my email from my last DVC vacation in September so yes DVC should make details clearer as for forgetting their member card I do also believe people need to be responsible for their own actions, no card, no discount. I am fine with that. At work I need to display my parking pass for my paid lot parking... say I forget my parking pass and take our other family car -- too bad, too sad for me. I need to pay for a day paid parking spot even though I pay for parking monthly. The onus is on me to bring the necessary pass/card:

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
eyusrs88cTqhiB1eHEdiZ0H3g9EbQXoJ1vS_cPzK7i7bgfHbovrxmDeqjcGiaakTj_Ja338vnr8sX1XNEJW9Yrv3UmNhM4BdQPXHs-vBRIHwwC4te7UU55cIpoZ3azey8jF9X1rz-gRKlwFgR3Q5YvvaD1eowQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Address:
4600 North World Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
View Resort Map
Phone: 407-824-1000
Check In: 4 p.m.
Check Out: 11 a.m.

Actually these are the details on my email from my last DVC vacation in September so yes DVC should make details clearer as for forgetting their member card I do also believe people need to be responsible for their own actions, no card, no discount. I am fine with that. At work I need to display my parking pass for my paid lot parking... say I forget my parking pass and take our other family car -- too bad, too sad for me. I need to pay for a day paid parking spot even though I pay for parking monthly. The onus is on me to bring the necessary pass/card:

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
eyusrs88cTqhiB1eHEdiZ0H3g9EbQXoJ1vS_cPzK7i7bgfHbovrxmDeqjcGiaakTj_Ja338vnr8sX1XNEJW9Yrv3UmNhM4BdQPXHs-vBRIHwwC4te7UU55cIpoZ3azey8jF9X1rz-gRKlwFgR3Q5YvvaD1eowQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Address:
4600 North World Drive
View Resort Map
Phone: 407-824-1000
Check In: 4 p.m.
Check Out: 11 a.m.
I agree in life we need to be accountable and be proactive regardless of the situation

I believe this is exactly what is going to happen from people who buy a resale. Disney is going to keep telling them they are members and expect customer loyalty. It will not happen. Maybe, they stay on points and go to Universal,Sea World or Busch Gardens.

Doubtful. There are so many other timeshare and lodging alternatives available in central Florida--and around the US--for lower prices than a DVC purchase. While individual vacation habits are apt to change over the years, it seems very unlikely that any significant number of people will deliberately buy into a DISNEY timeshare and then plan to spend the majority of their time at non-Disney locations.

So much for customer loyalty! It will go both ways. I have spoken to the President's Office at DVC and I have stated at how people are disappointed in the discounts members receive. The agent clearly stated that DVC is a separate entity from Disney and they negotiate on our behalf for the discounts. I guess that was a lie.

What makes you conclude that was a lie?

In fact, Disney Vacation Club and/or Disney Vacation Development DOES have to negotiate with other branches of The Walt Disney Company in order to pass-along discounts. And in doing so, DVC/DVD can also decide who is eligible to partake of those discounts.

Telling owners of DVC property they are not a member and not entitled does not breed customer loyalty.......

They aren't telling owners that they are not members.

What they are saying is: "Buy from us and you receive these additional ancillary benefits in return. Buy from a second-hand dealer and you do not receive added perks."

It's really no different than most other consumer products where a "new" purchase direct from the manufacturer includes a variety of perks / bonuses / warranties while a "used" or resale purchase does not come with those bonuses.

Resale buyers know up-front what they will and will not receive so I don't see why this would lead to any ill will.

They aren't telling owners that they are not members.

What they are saying is: "Buy from us and you receive these additional ancillary benefits in return. Buy from a second-hand dealer and you do not receive added perks."

Therein lies the issue in my opinion. They have been advertising a Member Lounge in Epcot, whenever it does open. By calling it that, I can see how some people could be confused as they are members, but not able to be admitted into the Lounge meant for Members....

Therein lies the issue in my opinion. They have been advertising a Member Lounge in Epcot, whenever it does open. By calling it that, I can see how some people could be confused as they are members, but not able to be admitted into the Lounge meant for Members....
Are you a member if you aren't entitled to a membership card?

I just got a call from DVC Mr Potrack's office
They had gotten my email and apologized for all the confusion, that since my contract had gone to ROFR I am grandfathered in
This made me feel much better
I'm glad to hear that you actually received a call back from someone, while I have t actually taken time out of my day to contact anyone I was considering it. The fact that someone called you back confirms for me in my choice to love Disney even when they debacle a communication and PR nightmare such as this resale business. I can't wait to finally close on my contract, any day now.

I'm glad to hear that you actually received a call back from someone, while I have t actually taken time out of my day to contact anyone I was considering it. The fact that someone called you back confirms for me in my choice to love Disney even when they debacle a communication and PR nightmare such as this resale business. I can't wait to finally close on my contract, any day now.
Yes it made me feel so much better
They even said welcome home

Regarding the 4pm and after 4pm debate.......

I could care less what a website states that can change in a second. I only care what the reservation states because that is binding. We are going to OKW in 5 days and I looked at my reservation and the follow up information from Disney Destinations and both clearly state the following:q

You chose a great place to stay! You'll find fun decorative touches throughout your room and the Resort, that proclaim its theme. Useful amenities include complimentary Wi-Fi, mini fridge and coffee maker.
Resort: Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Address: 1510 North Cove Road

Phone: 407‐827‐7700
Check‐in: 4 p.m. Check‐out: 11 a.m.

I agree in life we need to be accountable and be proactive regardless of the situation

Well, we did not get a discount. We made a mistake. My original post explained it well. We did not make a purchase at VB the entire week because of the rigidity of management. What did they win? Did they keep $1,000 in sales within the Disney Family? Nope.....

At the same time, I just found it ironic that DVC expected us to be flexible and sit in a lobby for 1hr and 20 minutes because they did not supervise their staff properly. The fact is that if we were paying cash we may have not checked in at all because the room wasn't ready. In my opinion.....DVC largest decline has been in hospitality in the 18 years we have been members.

Regarding the 4pm and after 4pm debate.......

I could care less what a website states that can change in a second. I only care what the reservation states because that is binding. We are going to OKW in 5 days and I looked at my reservation and the follow up information from Disney Destinations and both clearly state the following:
If you're looking at the wording on the reservation as a contract and guarantee, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment. The policy for DVC is clearly after 4. Odds are you'll be in by that time but not always. I hope it works out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter