Reservations outside of home resort

Captzag

Earning My Ears
We are looking at a WDW vacation the last week of August 2002. Our home resort is VWL but are thinking of staying at either BWV or OKW this trip. Any idea of what our chances are of getting in to either a 1BR or a studio at either place? My uneducated guess is that we shouldn't have too much trouble at that time of year but that is a very uneducated guess. Any thoughts/prior experiences would be appreciated.

You shouldn't have any problems. We have made reservations at 7 months to both and got them. My children went down in July to BW and we own at OKW. I made their reservations at about 5 months. They stayed in a studio, but I have stayed in a 2 bedroom. Good luck with your reservation, but I know it will be OK.

Usally, OKW and BWV are the first two resorts to fill up. I would highly recommend on making reservations as soon as possible to insure that you are in the resort that you want.

We made reservations for a 1 bedroom at OKW for Aug. 19-24 of this year only 2 months in advance. We had to book a studio first and went on the waitlist for a 1 bedroom. Got a call 4 days later that a 1 bedroom was available. BWV was sold out at that time.

Very good chance for OKW; good chance for BWV preferred view; slight chance for BWV standard view (which is only 20% of rooms and those tend to go fast because of lower points). Safest course is to reserve your home resort and then try to switch at 7 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter