reserveration cancel policy for central reserveration

Maria395712

DIS cast member/DIS vet/DVC member
I have been told by cen. reserv. that it is now 46 days prior to arrival ,$100 cancel fee if canceled less than 45 days for disney club members. What happened to 5 days prior to arrival and only 1 night deposit? they want full payment

maria

Check the CRO vs WDTC post on this board. This seems to be happening quite a bit. Looks like you got the WDTC instead of CRO. They have different cancellation and deposit policies.

The same thing happened to me. I don't know if you can just call back and get it changed, or start over. Someone else knows I'm sure.

I just noticed you are DC. That may be different. I think I read on another post that DC had to book through WDTC. Don't know if that is true or not.

When I booked my trip for December 6-12, I have to have my trip paid for by November 15. They also told me I could cancel up to 21 days before the trip. Hope this helps!!!:)

just found out you have to ask to speak to cro or crs for room only ressie

I called earlier this evening to book my room at ASMu using the 407-W-Disney number. I was told that they only charged the deposit of one night on my card and that if I cancelled before 5 days of arrival I would be refunded fully. If I cancelled within the 5 days prior or just didn't show up... I would not be refunded that one night's hotel stay they already charged me upon making the reservation.
Why is everyone being told different things? :(

Why is everyone being told different things?

Because they are booking through different places, Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), Central Reservation Office (CRO) and Disney Club (DC). You can book with any one of the 3 through the same phone number (although DC has a toll free number you can call). And all 3 have different policies as far as deposit, payment due date & cancellation dates. And then on top of that policies are different between booking room only, room with a package and package with air. So the best thing to do is specifically ask for who you want to book through when you call, and then ask them to explain the cancellation policy etc. for what you have booked. Don't be afraid to say "no that's not what I want" if something doesn't sound right to you. If you have a 12 digit confirmation number you have booked through CRO, if it is 8 you have booked either through DC or WDTC. ~:D~

I responded to your e-mail on the same subject, but didn't realize you were trying to book with Disney Club.

If you want a "room only" reservation through CRO with the 5 day cancellation policy and one night deposit, you cannot use a Disney Club rate.

Disney Club ALWAYS must be booked through Walt Disney Travel Company, with the 45 day cancellation policy, worse deposit and prepayment requirement, etc. All Disney Club bookings are considered "packages."

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Mary we booked through DC last Feb. (Basic Plan) with 100.00 deposit, payment 21 days in advance and 5 day cancellation policy. Then we booked again for this Feb., same deposit, same 21 day period and she said if we needed to make a change after the 21 day final payment we would be charged a 10.00 fee (versus 50.00) because we were DC members (I ended up changing to a CRO ressie when the new codes came out). ~:D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter