Resort Change by Disney

DVC customer service indicates DVC resorts are subject to the exact same Florida restrictions the non DVC properties are. It would defeat the entire reopening plan to have a separate policy fo the DVC resorts. All it took was one call to confirm this.

I do not see anything in my contract that allows for that so IMO, I am not sure the CM is correct.

Has anyone booked through UT or other wholesale who is staying in a value in July checked their MDE today? Moderates got Riviera studios or Contemporary but no report yet from the values.

Mine hasn't changed. They are working in rolling date based windows, so those of us later in the year probably haven't been moved yet.

That said, if mods are getting Riviera and Contemporary, I wonder what Deluxe guests are getting?!?
Do I dare dream of the Poly??

Mine hasn't changed. They are working in rolling date based windows, so those of us later in the year probably haven't been moved yet.

That said, if mods are getting Riviera and Contemporary, I wonder what Deluxe guests are getting?!?

I was Yacht Club and moved to a beach club villa studio. Def not an upgrade lol

I was Yacht Club and moved to a beach club villa studio. Def not an upgrade lol
No but it is a lateral move, technically.
A girl can hope, though!
Supposedly, Wholesale is supposed to call me before moving me because of medical needs. We'll see if it actually happens.

I had BWI garden view room and got moved to BWV 1 bedroom standard view with an upcharge. I didn't change dates. I probably could have moved to a studio at OKW or SSR. I didn't ask. They didn't have any studios at BWV or BCV for 7/18-21. At this point, I don't want to bother hassling to try to get them to not make me pay the extra. I am already getting a good deal for the first part of the trip by renting DVC points at BWV. So, it's probably a wash now, and at least we aren't moving resorts. Plus, I have never stayed in a 1 bedroom.

I’ve not been able to speak to anyone yet regarding our oct/November stay.
We are all star music ( accessible room)
& all star sports (standard).

I held on for 3.5 hours-but to no avail earlier.
I tried & failed yesterday too.
My dh thinks I just want to listen to the ride tunes!

My main question is:if I leave for a while-does anyone know if we would be located in totally separate resorts?
I suppose it’s the need for an accessible room that’s making me a bit nervous.

Also; could Disney turn around and say there’s no room at the inn-even though we’ve confirmed our arrival dates?

Finally, is there something laid out by Disney regarding price protection?
I’ve not heard anything of that in the U.K.?
I wonder if it’s just with U.S. bookings?🧐

My TA finally got through on the TA line last night. She messaged me once GS came one. They literally had a list they went down. It started with BWV. My TA would type “ Boardwalk deluxe, shes checking now” I would type “ please no”’( lol) she would type “ no availability” then she went through the list. I think it went Boardwalk, beach club, contemporary, Poly, Grand Floridian , riviera ( there was availability) and then AKL which had availability. So I got to “chooseL between Riviera deluxe studio and Kidani Savannah deluxe studio. I chose AKL even though Riviera was probably a “bigger upgrade”. Original reservation was standard YC

My TA finally got through on the TA line last night. She messaged me once GS came one. They literally had a list they went down. It started with BWV. My TA would type “ Boardwalk deluxe, shes checking now” I would type “ please no”’( lol) she would type “ no availability” then she went through the list. I think it went Boardwalk, beach club, contemporary, Poly, Grand Floridian , riviera ( there was availability) and then AKL which had availability. So I got to “chooseL between Riviera deluxe studio and Kidani Savannah deluxe studio. I chose AKL even though Riviera was probably a “bigger upgrade”. Original reservation was standard YC
Oh, Contemporary was after BCV. ( I looked back at our messages) and at one point I texted “ask about AKL please”!she replied “I did, but she has to go through her list”!

It's a little different for me bc mine is through UT. Typically the third party resorts get no say in where they go, wholesale just does it. They agreed to call me bc I have some medical issues that make some resorts really difficult. My little one is autistic and has hypotonic cerebral palsy. We have a chair for him, and huge spread out resorts like Saratoga would be very bad, same with OKW which most buildings don't have elevators.

It's a little different for me bc mine is through UT. Typically the third party resorts get no say in where they go, wholesale just does it. They agreed to call me bc I have some medical issues that make some resorts really difficult. My little one is autistic and has hypotonic cerebral palsy. We have a chair for him, and huge spread out resorts like Saratoga would be very bad, same with OKW which most buildings don't have elevators.
I have 2 little dudes with CP! Quadriplegic spastic type, one with dystonia. I totally get the medical needs! That was a concern for me at Kidani as I have heard some of those rooms can be up to a 1/4 mile down The hallway! I’m sure it’s hard for little peeps to walk, but I was Thinking about pushing their double stroller ( which we have labeled as their wheelchair medically now) for an extra 1/4 mile once we got back to the resort! But, at least it won’t be an issue for them! ( just me, lol!)

I have 2 little dudes with CP! Quadriplegic spastic type, one with dystonia. I totally get the medical needs! That was a concern for me at Kidani as I have heard some of those rooms can be up to a 1/4 mile down The hallway! I’m sure it’s hard for little peeps to walk, but I was Thinking about pushing their double stroller ( which we have labeled as their wheelchair medically now) for an extra 1/4 mile once we got back to the resort! But, at least it won’t be an issue for them! ( just me, lol!)
We *just* got his custom wheelchair/stroller hybrid and OMG what a difference! It's a Convaid Cruiser and it was *NOT* cheap - almost $4k!! But thankfully his SSI Medicaid paid for it. It's completely outfitted with custom supports and straps though, so he'll be able to use it for a long time - especially since he's very tiny for his age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter