Resort Change by Disney

We were booked in March originally then pushed back to September both in princess rooms in POR. Were offered free dining by moving our reservation back from March to September. When POR closed we contacted Disney and they told us we needed to make a change right away as a 10 night reservation would be hard to schedule with the availability left. We have five in our party but one will be under three.
They offered to price protected any room at CBR. Not really a deal since we had a Riverview. They offered us an upgrade to poly or the contemporary. We picked poly and we were gonna have to pay a bit to upgrade.
Called yesterday on hold for two hours to find out because we have been rescheduled previously they had to transfer us to a “special line“. Another hour of waiting for that line and was told the only thing they have but they can move us into is Gardenview. Pushed then for a villa and were told that’s not an option pushed for a lower grade hotel and that was not an option. It’s Garden Wing, cancel or wait and let them randomly assign us which will likely be Gardenwing. They are giving us a little bit of money back to exchange Garden Wing for Polly. We ask if it was any other compensation for having all these reservations canceled and they told us no. No mention of the $100 gift card, glad I read this thread. I’m beyond frustrated with the results of the call we had yesterday now.
Understandable to be frustrated, but 10 night availability is probably very low at this point. I'm sure they would get you in somewhere better if they could.

Last edited:
Remember a lot will depend on the resort dates and availability. Folks getting offered a "better" upgrade may just luck out because the normal "price match" for their resort is unavailable for the particular dates of their stay. Party size/ages is a big part of it too (e.g., a party of 5 in an AoA suite can be moved to many more places than a party of 6).
Oh I totally get that, but you would think that a company, just as good business practice, would do what they could to accommodate a guest that they're inconveniencing to a place that at least meets their current accommodations (2 sleeping spaces/2 bathrooms) no matter the price points. I think most booked a suite at AoA because that's where they wanted to stay and decided that would best fit their needs. Most would probably prefer/be happy to stay at the original resort, but Disney is the one not opening the resort.

Unfortunately - re: the gift card thing - this is the problem with the internet (and ultimately boards like these) and why so much pixie-dusting has gone by the wayside. It used to be that random pixie dust would just happen and it was an awesome surprise. Then boards and forums started on the internet and things became expected. Up to the point that some of the least favorite words CMs (on land or at sea) can hear are "I read on DIS Boards (or other internet forum/board) that X happened because of Y..." and things that a CM did as pixie dust become expectations.
Yeah, I honestly didn't think of it as a pixie-dust thing because the way the CM said it, it seemed as though everyone would get it who had to be moved two times. She was a very cut-and-dry CM so I didn't take it as pixie-dust at all and now I'm just assuming it's for original deluxe-stays who had to be moved twice since there was no true leeway for us to get an "upgrade" versus what others had gotten. She even said, "Are you aware of the gift card you'll be receiving?" which certainly made me confused. I do apologize for bringing it up because it wasn't my intention to create ill-will for anyone regarding their stays. I didn't want to create some kind of expectation for everyone, but just to be on the lookout for a possible e-gift card heading their way because I know for one, if I wasn't told by the CM, I wouldn't be checking my emails during my trip.

Understandable to be frustrated, but 10 night availability is probably very low at this point. I'm sure they would get you in somewhere better if they could.
Absolutely understandable and I assumed that was the case, that the stay was too long for the availability that’s left. However I called 7866 today just to follow up and see if a new CM would net different options. Got right in with no hold time. He wanted to know about all of our previous reservation changes and then put us on hold to “talk to Mickey”. He came back and offered us a choice of BWI studio, BC studio, FW, Kidani Savanna view, or CR main building lakeview. Said he would have put us a studio at poly or GF but there was just no availability. Told us they would price lock whatever we picked from the options presented. Spent a lot of time explaining each one and asking questions to help find the best fit for us. Huge difference from the CM we had the day before.

just called about the gift card since that would be a nice surprise.
one of our reservations in our party were originally booked into Coronado, then moved to AoA and now Pop. Thought they would 'qualify' for the gift card..was told no.

I called to make a room request...this is the 4 Th time we have been moved and had our April reservation out right cancelled. I asked about the $100 gift card and CM had no idea what I was talking about nor did who ever he went to ask about it.

Absolutely understandable and I assumed that was the case, that the stay was too long for the availability that’s left. However I called 7866 today just to follow up and see if a new CM would net different options. Got right in with no hold time. He wanted to know about all of our previous reservation changes and then put us on hold to “talk to Mickey”. He came back and offered us a choice of BWI studio, BC studio, FW, Kidani Savanna view, or CR main building lakeview. Said he would have put us a studio at poly or GF but there was just no availability. Told us they would price lock whatever we picked from the options presented. Spent a lot of time explaining each one and asking questions to help find the best fit for us. Huge difference from the CM we had the day before.
Just curious...the day before was it guest services you spoke to? If so, was it a lady? I had no luck with a decent option on Monday on the guest services line with a woman... not sure how many GS ppl. work the phones on a given day, but maybe I'll try again tomorrow hoping to get a different GS agent.

Trip dates 9/7 to 9/11

well after an hour and a half I was able to move from the Poly std view to Contemporary tower lake view. I really wanted to move into the Poly villa's but they had no availability for the night of 9/10. I offered to move my dates to come in a day earlier and leave a day earlier, because those dates were available. They would have done that, but not with my passholder discount. I wasn't about to pay rack rate though, so I took the CR instead.
Did you book directly through Disney or did you use a TA?

Trip Dates: Dec 5th-10th

Originally booked at BC standard view. Called last night, offered YC water view. Took it. Hoping SAB is open! Although maybe it will be too cold?
CM also removed park hopper from the tickets. However now the tickets aren’t showing on MDE.
Anybody else seen their tickets disappear? Have they reappeared? Do I need to give it 24 hours before calling?

Trip Dates Dec 4-13

Originally booked at AKL, moved to BW, and now moved to CR. I don't really feel excited about CR.... They also changed my tickets to non hoppers but my tickets still show up on the tickets tab.

We have a trip December 13-17 at BWI. Should I call this soon? If it does open by then I’d prefer to stay there. Which number is my best bet?

We have a trip December 13-17 at BWI. Should I call this soon? If it does open by then I’d prefer to stay there. Which number is my best bet?
I felt this question too- wondered if I should leave well enough alone! But I went ahead and called so I knew what my options were and that they wouldn't be too limited. I feared waiting would limit them... But I wish I were still at BWI!

I felt this question too- wondered if I should leave well enough alone! But I went ahead and called so I knew what my options were and that they wouldn't be too limited. I feared waiting would limit them... But I wish I were still at BWI!

where did you end up? Sorry missed it!!

I was originally booked for Allstar Movies October 8-11. Moved to AOA Little Mermaid room 7/10/2020. Got the email about AOA being closed. Called Guest Services today and was moved to Animal Kingdom Villa-Kinandi Standard Studio. No change in price so I took it. I'm going to miss being on the skyliner route but I'll live.

I also got a survey last night asking if I was still coming in October and what factors would make me cancel. Did anyone else get one?

CM does have a lot to do with it, and availability changes every day. Sad that they make us call in and push for more. I spent 12 hours on the phone the week I had to change my reservations. Glad it all worked out!

I just saw that my Polynesian standard view was switched to a Contemporary tower lake view for late August. No charge to me, booked via a TA (she hasn't told me yet but it looks like my MDE updated within the last few hours). I'm very happy with this since I was told that it would likely get switched to a garden wing room and I was not thrilled at that option value-wise. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter