Resort Swap - PROGRESS: Some POSTAL! Slideshows posted

hopemax

Note to Self:
So it is time for another Resort swap!

There are MANY group possibilities listed. I do not expect all of them to fill. So when signing up, keep in mind alternatives you would like to do, in case your group is canceled. If a regular element group has 2 people in it, and both are willing to continue, I will keep it. For letter groups, I may change from 2 letters pp to 3 pp to fill a group. So be prepared.

Groups will be listed in post #2, this post is for the instructions.

Dates:
1st Check-in: May 14st
2nd Check-in: June 7th
Mail Date: July 5th

DUE July 9th This is a FIRM date. I will not be waiting for packages that I have not received a DC number that they are in the mail on July 9th.

Altered Letters:

Because of the lengths of the Resort Names, most groups will be 2 letters per person. Some longer names will be 3 per person, and there are a few groups that will be one letter each. If there is an odd length group, someone will make one letter and one similarly sized embellished shape/Cricut icon, etc.
Letters should be matted and embellished at least once. This can mean that the letter is mounted on an icon, and the icon is shadowed or layered, and the letter is one layer. Or it could mean that the letter is shadowed and either embellished or pl aced on a single layer. We are going for 3 layers of paper (more is fine). Feel free to use cardstock or patterned paper.

Letters: max of 2" (meaning the size you select on the Cricut dial is 2", with a shadow, it will be taller, that's fine. SCAL users, may find they have to set it larger than 2" to have a letter that is in the 2" range. Use your best judgment.)

Height: If you wanted to put your letter on another shape, I think we have room to extend the height some. If you have a 2" letter and want to mount it on a 2.5" shape, that should be fine. Also, if you want to have a 2" shape, and only a 1.5" letter, that should work too. Use your best judgment, thinking about how your letter might look with everyone else’s.

Width: The tough one, because the fewer letters are in a word, the wider we can go. Take the word Contemporary. That is 12 letters, in order to fit across a two-page layout, the letters need to be smaller than 2” (24”/12 letters minus a little so there can be a gap between letters when they are laid out). But with Grand Floridian, you could theoretically put “Grand” at the top of a layout, and Floridian at the bottom, so you can go wider with your letters. Be mindful of how the word will fit on a page. Basically, this means that not everyone can use a wide font like the Mickey font, with a large word.

Colors: Unlike the regular element groups, I will not pre-select colors. You might be inspired by something at a resort that does not “fit” into the color scheme. I think it’s better for the letters to showcase the “character” of the resort, than to match into a specific color palette. Feel free, to use the colors listed for the regular element groups as inspiration or a starting point.

Regular Element Groups:

This is a single element swap. Please, choose an element when you sign up. Group numbers will vary with the number of participants, so wait until the swap is closed before you get too far in the “manufacturing” process. I have started with 6 people per group, but some may grow to 8 people, or shrink. As long as there are 2 people in a group, and they want to do it, we will keep the group. I may combine Epcot resorts or Monorail Resorts into one group.

Colors: Bazzill colors are listed by the names of each resort. You do not have to use Bazzill, but for those of us that do, it would be nice if they all matched. If you are using something other than Bazzill, stick to the same color palette. You may also use matching patterned paper. I did not list a specific color for black, white, metallic silver & gold. Use whatever texture you have on hand.

Element list – Standard list and standard rules apply. I’ve listed the most common, but if there is something else you want to make, just ask.

• Title: Double matted and embellished. Standard 2x8 (other sizes okay too), welded, shadowed letters, paper pieced, letters on shapes, etc. Since we are also doing altered letters to spell out the resort name, if there is a full letter group, and most of the participants are the same, consider choosing another element. Or make a title with something other than the resort name.
• Pair of borders: Double matted and embellished ~2” in width
• Paper Piecing (not a layered die cut): Handmade or Cricut. These are like the licensed characters on Cricut, with many pieces.
• Library Pocket w/ Tag: Tag should be double matted, with eyelet or ribbon/fiber. Embellished.
• Shaker Box: Embellished, be creative
• License Plate: Double matted, embellished
• Layered Die cuts: Three 3” shapes, with shadow. These are like the ZooBalloo or Animal Kingdom animals.
• Lyric/Quote: 3 paper layers, embellished. Minimum 3x4.
• Matchbook: Include paper inside for journaling. Embellished, be creative.

Mix & Match elements (select 2 from this list = 1 element):
• Photo Mat: Double matted, embellished. Sized to fit a 4x6 photo, so 4.25x6.25 for top layer.
• Frame: Sizzix dies okay, otherwise same rules as for photo mat
• Journal Box: 3 paper layers, embellished, 3x3 space for writing
• Tag: 2 x 3 double matted, embellished. Tag or ribbon/fiber in hole
• TWO Embellished Shapes: double matted, embellished can me squares, circles, flowers, diamonds, etc.
• Slide Mount: Embellished, be creative.
• File Folder: Embellished, be creative.

Embellishment Suggestions: Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, Bling).

Info: Once this swap closes, I will send out my mailing/contact info. Please send me yours: name, DISname, address, email, phone number (only will be used if I can’t contact you through PM or email)

Packaging:
Place your elements or letters in a bag large enough to completely hold them and be closed. If you have a long piece, saran wrap is a great alternative. Label with your name, DISname and Group.

Element groups: Place all your bags, in a GALLON sized bag (or larger if needed). Label with your name, DISname and Group.

Altered Letter Groups: You may put these in a smaller bag. Label with your name, DISname and Group.

Mailing & Postage: You may ship to me by any method, but if you mail July 6th OR LATER , you must send with Delivery Confirmation and send the number to me. I prefer to send back to you with flat rate postage. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Medium/Standard box – $10.70, Large - $14.50. Delivery Confirmation is an additional $.70, please include a DC slip if you want DC. Do not send Clik-it-ship it postage. Cash, check, stamps are fine.

If at any time, you realize that you will not be able to complete some or all of your groups by the due date, please let me know so that I can find angels. I will not be able to wait for late packages this time.

Here are links to previous swaps:
2009 Resort Progress
2009 Resort Swap Pics

2008 Resort Swap Progress
2008 Resort Swap Pics

Players & Groups
:cutie: = I have your info

Postal

hopemax: A, C, D, E, F, G, K, N, O, P, Q, R, U, X, Y, Z, 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15
DisneyBarlans: A, C, E, M, U, Y, 1
Disney Is Terrific: G, N
Disneyland_emily: G, K, M1, Q, U, 1, 3, 7, 9
:cutie: duchess_tisha: E, G, K, 9
hffmnheidi: F, G, N
mycutiepatooties: C, D, K, M1, N, U, 1, 2, 3, 4
NemoMom07: K, U, W
rlovew:M,N, O, P, W, X, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15
Tigger1221: C, D, E, F, Q, R, Y, Z, 1, 2, 3, 4, 13
:cutie: tinkryansmom: E, F
ZeroToHero: A, K, P, Q, R, Y, 9

123SA: A, M1
AlexWyattMommy: Y, 2, 3, 4, 11
icesk8abc: D
LOVEMY3KIDDOS: C, D, M, N, Q, R, U, X, Z, 1, 2
Mickeyteacher: O, P, W, X, 4
Mickster: 11
wdwfan16: D, 4, 11

Slideshows:

Altered Letter Groups:

Elements:

Value Resorts

A. All Stars – Altered Letter FULL
1. hopemax - L & R
2. DisneyBarlans - S, L
3. ZeroToHero - A & T
4. 123SA - A & S

Colors: Black, Bright Yellow, Green, Blue, and Red. Suggested Bazzill: Black, Sunshine, Grasshopper, Blue Jean, Candy Apple

C. Pop Century – Altered Letters FULL
1. hopemax - E, Y
2. DisneyBarlans - O, C
3. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - T, P
4. Tigger1221 - R, N
5. mycutiepatooties - U, P

D. Pop Century – Elements Make 6
Colors: Teal, Purple, and All Stars colors. Suggested Bazzill: Dragonfly, Lilac, and All Star Colors.
1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - License Plate
2. hopemax - tags
3. wdwfan16 - Mats
4. icesk8abc - slidemount & box
5. Tigger1221
6. mycutiepatooties - box & 2 shapes

Moderate Resorts

E. Caribbean Beach - Altered Letters(make 3 each, 1 person will do letters + icon) FULL
1. hopemax - A, B, icon
2. DisneyBarlans - A, B, C
3. Tigger1221 - B, E, H
4. tinkryansmom - R, E, C
5.duchess_tisha - I, N, A

F. Caribbean Beach – Elements make 4
Colors: Light Pink, Mint Green, Golden Yellow, Aqua. Suggested Bazzill: Princess, Lemon Lime, Sunshine, Dragonfly
1.hopemax - photo mats
2. hffmnheidi - tags
3. Tigger1221
4. tinkryansmom - journal boxes

G. Coronado Springs – Altered Letter (make 3 letters each) FULL
1. hopemax - N, P, G
2. hffmnheidi - C, O, R
3. Disneyland_emily - O, D, S
4. duchess_tisha - N, A, R
5. DisneyIsTerrific - O, I, S

Colors: Dark Adobe, Light Adobe, Dark Turquoise, Light Turquoise, Golden Yellow, Brown. Suggested Bazzill: Sun Coral, Peach Glow, Blue Oasis, Patina, Desert Marigold, Mocha Divine

K. French Quarter – Altered Letter (I will do 3) FULL
1. hopemax - R, C, Q
2. NemoMom07 - E, A
3. Zero to Hero - F, T
4. duchess_tisha - N, U
5. Disneyland _emily - H, R
6. mycutiepatooties - R, E

French Quarter Colors: Black, Kelly Green, Yellow, Purple. Suggested Bazzill: Raven, Grasshopper, Sunshine, Lilac

Deluxe Resorts

M. Animal Kingdom Lodge – Altered Letter FULL
1. A - DisneyBarlans
2. K - LOVEMY3KIDDOS
3. L - rlovew

M1. Animal Kingdom Lodge – Altered Letter FULL
1. A - mycutiepatooties
2. K - Disneyland_emily
3. L - 123SA

N. Animal Kingdom Lodge – Elements Make 5
Colors: Black, Browns, Jungle Green, Orangy Red. Suggested Bazzill: Bitter Chocolate, Mocha Divine, Quick Sand, Rainforest, Burning Ember
1. hffmnheidi - tags
2. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - borders
3. mycutiepatooties - box & 2 shapes
4. hopemax - title
5. DisneyIsTerrific - mats

O. Kidani – Altered Letters FULL
1. hopemax - I, N
2. rlovew - K, A
3. Mickeyteacher - D, I

P. Kidani Village – Elements Make 4
Colors: Brown, Adobe, Orange, Yellow. Suggested Bazzill: Mocha Divine, Cool Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Yukon Gold
1. hopemax
2. rlovew - lyric
3. Mickeyteacher - mats
4. ZeroToHero

Q. Beach Club – Altered Letters (one person will make letter + icon) FULL
1. hopemax - B, icon
2. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - C, L
3. Disneyland_emily - H, A
4. ZeroToHero - E, B
5. Tigger1221 - C, U

R. Beach Club – Elements Make 4
Colors: Blue, White, Light Green, Light Pink. Suggested Bazzill: White, Vibrant Blue, Spring Breeze, Mauve Ice
1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - Paper Piecing
2. hopemax - embellished shapes
3. Tigger1221 -
4. ZeroToHero - Slide Mounts

U. Contemporary – Altered Letter FULL
1. hopemax - T, R
2. DisneyBarlans - O, M
3. NemoMom07 - E, P
4. mycutiepatooties - C, Y
5. Disneyland_emily - N, R
6. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - O, A

W. Bay Lake Tower – Altered Letters FULL
1. rlovew - B
2. Mickeyteacher - L
3. NemoMom07 - T

X. Bay Lake Tower – Elements Make 4
Colors: Brown, Light Blue, Light Yellow, Silver. Suggested Bazzill: Mocha Divine, Tropical, Candlelight, Metallic Silver
1. rlovew - mats
2. Mickeyteacher - matchbook
3. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - library pocket & tag
4. hopemax

Y. Grand Floridian – Altered Letters (make 3 each, one person will do letters + icon)
1. hopemax - G, I, D
2. DisneyBarlans - A, N, icon
3. Tigger1221 - R, F, D
4. ZeroToHero - L, R, N
5. AlexWyattMommy - O, A, I

Z. Grand Floridian – Elements & Contemporary – Elements Make 3
GF Colors: Brick Red, Ivory, Golden Yellow, Dusty Green, Dusty Rose. Suggested Bazzill: Barkley, French Vanilla, Yukon Gold, Spring Breeze, Mauve Ice
Contemporary Colors: Dark Brown/Green, Golden Yellow, Dark Royal Blue, Silver. Suggested Bazzill: Capers, Yukon Gold, North Sea, Metallic Silver

1. Tigger1221 - (GF)
2. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - (Cont) borders
3. hopemax -

1. Polynesian – Altered Letters FULL
1. hopemax - S, icon
2. DisneyBarlans - A, L
3. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - O, I
4. Tigger1221 - N, E
5. mycutiepatooties - P, Y
6. Disneyland_emily - N, icon

2. Polynesian – Elements Make 4
Colors: Jungle Green, Brown, Red, Orange. Suggested Bazzill: Rainforest, Mocha Divine, Grenadine, Tangelo
1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - mat & tag
2. Tigger1221
3. mycutiepatooties - box & 2 shapes
4. AlexWyattMommy - matchbook

3. Wilderness Lodge – Altered Letters (make 3 letters each) FULL
1. hopemax - I, N, G,
2. Tigger1221 - D, S, L
3. mycutiepatooties - O, W, E
4. Disneyland_emily - D, L, E
5. AlexWyattMommy - S, R, E

4. Wilderness Lodge – Elements Make 5
Colors: Brown, Tan, Dark Green, Accents: Slate Blue, Red. Suggested Bazzill: Mocha Divine, Quick Sand, Rainforest, Rain, Red Rock
1.wdwfan16 - mats
2. AlexWyattMommy - license plate
3. Mickeyteacher - matchbook
4. Tigger1221 -
5. mycutiepatooties - box & 2 shapes

DVC & Other Resorts

7. Old Key West – Altered Letters FULL
1. hopemax - K
2. rlovew - O
3. Disneyland_emily - W

8. Old Key West – Elements Make 2
Colors: Light Pink, Mint Green, Peach, Light Blue. Suggested Bazzill: Posie Pink, Key Lime, Peach Glow, Bubble Blue
1. rlovew - slidemounts

9. Saratoga Springs – Altered Letters (each person makes 3) FULL
1. rlovew - S, A, G
2. ZeroToHero - S, O, T
3. duchess_tisha - R, P, N
4. Disneyland_emily - A, I, S
5. hopemax - A, R, G

10. Saratoga Springs – Elements Make 2
Colors: Medium Green, Yellow, Peach. Suggested Bazzill: Lily Pond, Pollen, Bluff
1. rlovew - tags
2. hopemax - mats

11. Ft Wilderness – Elements Make 4
Colors: Tan, Brown, Green. Suggested Bazzill: Quick Sand, Mocha Divine, Rainforest
1. wdwfan16 - mats
3. AlexWyattMommy -
4. Mickster - mat & box

12. Swan – Altered Letters FULL
1. hopemax -S, W
2. rlovew - A, N

13. Swan – Elements Make 3
Colors: (outside) Adobe, Dusty Teal (inside) Light Golden Yellow, Light Dusty Green, Brick Red. Suggested Bazzill: Cool Cantaloupe, Patina, Pollen, Spring Breeze, Red Rock
1. hopemax - embellished shapes
2. rlovew - boxes
3. Tigger1221 - mats

15. Dolphin – Elements Make 2
Colors: (outside) Adobe, Dusty Teal (inside) light golden yellow, light dusty green, brick red. Suggested Bazzill: Cool Cantaloupe, Patina, Pollen, Spring Breeze, Red Rock
1. hopemax - mats
2. rlovew - pocket & tag

What do we do to the letters from an embellishment point of view? I will look at the links above when I get a chance.

Hmmmm...sounds like a good one so far! I love the idea of doing the resort name as a letter group. How will you do the groups for regular elemnets? Will you group a few resorts together and let people pick which they want or sort them out by individual resorts? I am thinking that some people will not need all the resorts that may be in a particular group?? I guess I'm sort of thinking out loud, but just wondering! We've stayed at several of the resorts so I have pix of those plus ones that we just visited or ate at!!

What do we do to the letters from an embellishment point of view? I will look at the links above when I get a chance.

Doing letters is a relatively new thing for us, so there aren't too many examples. We just did them for the first time in the MK swap, and I am doing them in the still active DL swap. Basically the letters are 2", matted and then either put on some other shape, or embellished in a normal way (adding a brad, button, sticker, die cut, stickled, etc.)

Here are some of the ones from the MK swap

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s191/sadsadler/Swaps/?action=view&current=MKSwap001-3.jpg

And there are lots of letters posted in the DL swap thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2392488

I'd be interested in a resort swap as long as it's open to newbies. I am doing the Disney Newbie swap right now.

Hmmmm...sounds like a good one so far! I love the idea of doing the resort name as a letter group. How will you do the groups for regular elemnets? Will you group a few resorts together and let people pick which they want or sort them out by individual resorts? I am thinking that some people will not need all the resorts that may be in a particular group?? I guess I'm sort of thinking out loud, but just wondering! We've stayed at several of the resorts so I have pix of those plus ones that we just visited or ate at!!

In the past, the element groups have been one group for each resort. So you would have a WL group and someone would make a topper, someone else photo mats, someone else tags, etc. The groups would vary in size from 3-10 people.

I did think, that if this turned out to be a small swap, we could group some resorts. For example, a Monorail Resort group and people could choose to make something for the GF, Polynesian or Contemporary. Or Epcot resorts with the Yacht, Beach and Boardwalk. Also, the two sides of Port Orleans or the 3 parts of the All Stars. But I don't think we could do much more combining than that, because as you said, not everybody would have use for every resort. Especially, the resorts that are off by themselves like the Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs.

I'd be interested in a resort swap as long as it's open to newbies. I am doing the Disney Newbie swap right now.

Yep, everyone is welcome. A lot of hostesses prefer that newbies stick to 2 groups to start. Since these are single elements and not the double elements of other swaps, I have no problem increasing that to 4-5. Just be mindful, of your ability to get these projects done in a timely matter and don't sign up for more than you can handle. :goodvibes

Thanks for clearing that all up for me!! LOL I figured that was how it would work, but if it wasn't I wasn't sure about the groups...being all jumbled. Combining the monorail resorts wouldn't be horrible...I think most people have been at least to meals at most!!! But, each of them seperate are good too!! Can't wait!

I think the letter groups sound fun but would like other elements as well- would you want to do a title and letter group foir each resort? I would rather have elements than letters if you are only doing 1 group for each resort.

Rebecca

Could each resort have a letter group and then another group for other elements? Or even if the resort name isn't too long and there is enough interest in the particular resort, a larger group with some working on letters for everyone and others doing elements for everyone? It may be a little more work, but each would get that much more in return!!!

Yes, I would have both a letter group and element group for each resort as long as there are people to fill them.

Maybe people should list what resorts they are interested in, so we can have an idea on which groups will have enough interest to fill. Especially, people interested in letter groups.

I can do anything, I've been to them all, and will be to them all again!

LOL I wish I could say that I've been to all of them!!! I have stayed at POP, Port Orleans Riverside, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Bay Lake Tower (coming up next). So, I would be happy doing any of those!! Also, I have lots of Poly, Beach Club and Grand Floridian pix that I could use embellishments for!!

I'm in! Love the idea of altered letters for the resorts. I think if we did the 2 inch letters like we did in the Disneyland swap, they would look nice for the resorts. The resorts I'm interested in are: AllStars (all), Pop, Caribbean Beach, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary.

I think they would look really nice too. Just need to drum up some more interest. Where are all of our Resort peeps!

I'd like to see an element group and an altered letters group. I'd be in for Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I would be interested in BLT- both elements and letters (if the elements are combined with Contemporary I would be do that as well).

I would do letters for: OKW, SSR, AKV(L), Dolphin/Swan.

I would do elements for: Old Key West, Dolphin/Swan.

I would think about any of the other DVC/Deluxe resorts. I have enough stuff for the moderate and value resorts.

Rebecca

As much as I love this swap, because of the timing (and the fact that I still have TONS of stuff from the past 3 resort swaps I haven't used yet), I'm going to have to sit this one out. Trying to remain swap-free for awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter