Resorts Worth Staying Off-Property For?

Swan and Dolphin only "off site" Hotels within walking to EP and HS?
Yes, they are, and they're actually considered onsite because before COVID they got onsite privileges such as Extra Magic Hours and WDW transportation to the parks. They just don't get Magical Express transport from/to the airport and can't use their Magic Bands for charging expenses to their hotel accounts.

they got onsite privileges such as Extra Magic Hours and WDW transportation to the parks.

There was a time when that was very valuable but when Disney gave those same privileges to all the Disney Springs hotels that lessened the appeal of Swan/Dolphin. Now really the only advantage Swolphin has over the Disney Springs hotels is location.

Years and years ago I stayed off-site at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in a name-your-price deal I got through Priceline and the resort was gorgeous and the pool area was magnificent! Granted that wasn't on your list, I just felt it was a resort worth staying off-property for. It's right behind the Disney Springs hotel plaza area.

Nickelodeon Resort, of course... lol... wait, what? They closed?

Confession, we have stayed at this place a couple times in recent years, the kids love it. It's a Holiday Inn, so I could book it for work travel and tack on family nights. It has water stuff, arcade, food... all the stuff kids want. The kids get a bunk bed with a TV in their room, well, they used to have a TV... did they remove them? Back in the day, they had a Nintendo or such in the room, so it was the bomb-diggety. You can find this place for $99 if you just need a place to stay that is kinda fun.

We just stayed this past weekend at Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld and loved every second! The room was HUGE (1 bedroom king suite) and their cleaning protocols were wonderful. We didn't go to the main pool (social distancing) but enjoyed the quiet pool. We were an easy 5 minute drive to DS, or 30 seconds to Sea World. The price was wonderful too.

We stayed at Hilton Bonnet Creek for two nights on a split stay and enjoyed it quite a bit. We used points so it was awesome to cut down cost on the trip.

Stayed at the Dolphin a number of times, Swan once or twice, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Waldorf Bonnet Creek each several times. The place I have stayed the most with family is the Wyndham Bonnet /creek. They have very nice 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom units. Haven’t been there now for a few years as empty nesters, it’s just easier on site.

I like and would recommend all of these. Had some awesome views at the Dolphin numerous times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter