Rest In Peace Josh @ easyWDW

This is so sad. I had noticed he had not been posting much lately. I always loved his take on Disney and appreciated his blog. :(

I'm reading some of his recent posts I hadn't caught yet, and damn his writing was just so good. Like the first 5 paragraphs of his last post on Feb 3. Hilarious too.

We’re desperately trying to claw our way back onto…the Disney blogging bandwagon of middling relevance. That sounds like a sad attempt at an enterprise for which to reembark; but the discerning Disney tourist only possesses so much ability to forge onward without being reminded that every Dole Whip basically tastes like every other Dole Whip. Even if a cast member clumsily molds said treat into something resembling…well I can’t tell either. But you can be sure the cost rises $7 because the melting amalgamation of sugar cubes and conspicuously pink vanilla ice cream concoction sort of resembles a tropical bird. Is it supposed to be Zazu? Hei-Hei? Panchito Pistoles?

Just saw the absolute perfect tribute to him on twitter: "Today heaven 'feels crowded'." As a long time reader of his blog, that one made me smile and tear up a little at the same time.

Perfect! Thank you for sharing! Josh is so very missed.

This news makes me so sad. I loved his sense of humor and his ability to like something and snark about it at the same time. I remember his evolved crowd recommendations, and was always awed by his insight. He was so young and it just feels so unfair. My condolences to his family and friends.

I'm reading some of his recent posts I hadn't caught yet, and damn his writing was just so good. Like the first 5 paragraphs of his last post on Feb 3. Hilarious too.

Right. I wasn't familiar with the gentleman but his style of writing is right up my alley, and the community is a sadder place without him.

Oh gosh - I had not seen this until today. So sad to hear this news. One of the 1st Disney bloggers I read and remained one of the few. :sad1:

Man I hate to hear this. I know that he had been sick but it's hard to believe he's gone. I interacted many times with Josh on Twitter and on his site and he was always friendly and went out of his way to respond . I never met him in person but I was at Raglan Road during a trip one time and apparently Josh was there at the same time sitting at the other side of the bar and I never saw him. I didn't see it until I left and checked Twitter. Josh was one of a kind in terms of his writing style and the way he covered WDW and his was the only WDW blog that I really read regularly until recently when his posts were few and far between. I hope that his family and friends know how important he was to a lot of people and that he will be missed. RIP buddy. Still "feels crowded."

This makes me so sad. I truly loved his blog—that dry wit and humor was right up my alley. I knew he had been sick, but I’m still absolutely shocked that he’s no longer with us. RIP Josh.

I really enjoyed Easywdw. It was my second favorite site behind wdwinfo.com. I thought his dry humor was really funny. R.I.P. Josh. You'll be missed.

This makes my heart hurt. I loved his humor. I loved his website. He helped make so many of our WDW trips great. We lived by his crowd calendar for years. It was by far the most accurate of any when DD was young. I told everyone who would listen that he was the person to believe and whose recommendations should be followed. His writing would make you feel like you wanted to be his friend and hang out with him. He will be missed, even by all of us who didn't know him personally.

His suggestions, especially crowd calendars and which-park-which-day, were my go-to for all the years of trips when my kids were little. And each time a new blog post came up, I was definitely taking a break from work to read it! He certainly brought a lot of joy to my family.

Didn’t follow but, did appreciate his informative posts when I’d need to google something re WDW. He helped many people navigate ‘the world’, will be missed, RIP.

Last week, Craig paid a tribute to Josh on the Dis Unplugged. He also referred to the opening of Abracadabar, apparently the only moment where Josh and Pete were together. It is on that 2017 video, between 3:10 and 3:50!!! (For those who don't know, Josh here sported a blue shirt and glasses.)

Last edited:
His wit always drew me in. He never held back. Very sad to hear this news. Rest In Peace Josh.

I don't post here much any more, but wanted to say just how hard this hits. He was the only blogger I read- he was brutally honest but that unwavering love for Disney would raise it's head just often enough that you never doubted how he really felt. He was sarcastic, witty and hilariously funny. He was more than a blogger. He was a talented writer and one I will miss for a very long time. So much has been lost in the last 2 years and this is one of the harder ones.
I can't remember the last time I logged in, but I also wanted to make a small post about Josh. When I first started going back to WDW years ago, finding easyWDW and Josh's trip plans felt like a miracle. Josh provided everything someone could need to jump into their first trip to WDW, get a ton of stuff done, and have a great time. I remember downloading his PDFs of when to do which rides in each park and everything.

RIP Josh. And thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter