Restaurant Marrakesh or Spice Road Table?

Disney loving Iowan

DIS Veteran
My daughter is more adventurous than I am when it comes to eating but I know she really wants to eat in Morocco on our next trip so I'm willing to do that for her. I think I will be able to get something with chicken at either one which should be ok. Which of the 2 restaurants would you recommend? Does one have better ambiance? Does one have better food over the other?
TIA!!!!

Spice Road Table is wonderful, request to be seated outside and you’ll have a great view of the water. Hummus fries are a must!

Spice Road Table is wonderful, request to be seated outside and you’ll have a great view of the water. Hummus fries are a must!
Thank you. I was just trying to find some pictures and the ones I saw it seems pretty. Also the picture it showed of the chicken and beef kabob looked really good.

We ate at Restaurant Marrakesh a couple of years ago and we absolutely love Moroccan Food - we were really excited to eat somewhere that had Chicken Bastilla as we've been searching for them since visiting Morocco and they're impossible to find around us - but honestly, the food wasn't very good - it was bland and didn't compare to any authentic Moroccan we've had. I've heard good things about Spice Road Table, so I would be inclined to eat there instead.

I love the entertainment at Marrakesh but find the food really bland, which is a shame.

We still haven't tried Spice Road (I always end up at Tangierine...) but it seems to get consistently good reviews!

We simply do not like the food at Marrakech. It is bland and not presented very well.

The food at Spice Road Table is a bit more adventurous and you can’t beat the view.

I love both! We try to do both on our trips, but to choose one over the other, I'd choose Marrakesh- we love the ambiance, belly dancer and the food is great! We love the goat cheese with crispy bread and the beef couscous m'rouzia has been my go to for years, but not everyone is into the sweet meat, raisins in a savory dish and different kind of offerings that are served here and I get that.

Spice Road Table has awesome views of the lake and fantastic calamari and hummus fries, but Marrakesh wins out for me every time!

There a restaurant in Philadelphia that I like to go to named, aptly enough, Marrakesh. Great restaurant!

My DW and I tried Restaurant Marrakesh, and it wasn't as good. The dishes at both restaurants are similar, but the one in Epcot didn't balance their spices as well.

Spice Road Table's food is a little more approachable to someone who's never eaten Morrocan cuisine.

I love both but prefer Marrakesh for its atmosphere and history. And in the hotter than hot months, it also feels lovely and cool due in part to the high ceilings. Check out the tiles and also the letters between Washington and the King of Morocco on the wall near check in. I thought Marrakesh had really stepped up its game when it revamped its menu the other year. I always enjoy the lamb shank and the (then) new desserts were a huge improvement. I usually get the hot mint tea service and the waiter pours from height with a flourish. For me, Marrakesh is pure Epcot World Showcase. Something different and unique I can't find in my small city. The pan Med menu at Spice Road is very good but the decor pales in comparison with its big sister Marrakesh.

Has anyone eaten at Spice Road lately and know if there is currently a kids menu? I found one online but it’s not listed on the official menu on MDE. I’m wondering if they still have it with the limited dining offerings.

We've eaten many times at Marrakesh because the entertainment is (Well. Was.) amazing and the restaurant is gorgeous but the food has never been stellar. Like others have said... bland, boring, blah. Spice Road Table, on the other hand, served us a FANTASTIC meal. So delicious and seasoned perfectly. Added bonus - we were seated by the window and were able to watch one of the final performances of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. A very kind stranger sitting next to us took pictures of us all crying and happy and sad. He told us afterward and sent them to us. last Illuminations.jpg

Another vote for Spice Road! We enjoy it a lot, and as others have mentioned, the outdoor dining area there is very charming.
We never have a issue getting a ADR, or even walking up. We constantly marvel that it seems a bit of a hidden gem-

My daughter is more adventurous than I am when it comes to eating but I know she really wants to eat in Morocco on our next trip so I'm willing to do that for her. I think I will be able to get something with chicken at either one which should be ok. Which of the 2 restaurants would you recommend? Does one have better ambiance? Does one have better food over the other?
TIA!!!!
Bellydancer at Marrakesh is 'worth the price of admission'. For is excellent value too. But it can get noisy.

Spice Table is very good value too, but smaller portions of mostly 'finer' foods. Outdoor seating is a safer option too.

If planning for an impending vacation - Spice Table.

I went to Marrakesh on a very cold day for Disney - it was still in the 40 degree range outside (Fahrenheit!) at lunch. It was SO cold in there in the restaurant I was miserable and I can't even remember my food. Bellydancer was just "whatever" for me - I've seen that a few times and because of that - it didn't add to the experience. Plus - I was a solo diner and it was cold - so I think the dancer was not having her best day either, to be honest.

Spice Road - you do need to read the menu and be in the mood to try stuff - but I have LOVED the food here the two times I have gone. Snagging an outdoor table minutes before a downpour made me feel a little smug about my luck there one day....

I have a special place in my heart for Restaurant Marrakesh. My wife and I are very different i our preferred food types; she's meat & potatoes and I tend like more Asian and BBQ. Both of our boys really really enjoyed Restaurant Marrakesh when they were younger, and my oldest actually told me it was going there that first got him to want to try different styles of foods.

That said, they could give an option for more spiced up meals and I'd be happy, but I know for my wife it was adventurous enough. So I think they do a good job finding a balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter