• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

restaurant suggestions

annb3

Earning My Ears
I am just now starting my research on my family trip to Disneyworld in late September. Yes, I am just 42 days out and all I have done is secure accomodations. After being referred to this website, I am thoroughly depressed that I didn't start sooner. I had NO IDEA that planning a trip to Disney would be this difficult! So where do I go now that all of the really cool restaurants have been booked two years in advance? No breakfast with Cindy for us, I guess. I have a 7 and 9-year-old. Help with any aspect of my trip would be greatly appreciated!

Don't fret - - you are not going at a very busy time. And, you will have done more advanced planning than most, even starting just 6 weeks out. Many times we have gotten just what we wanted at the last minute due to changes in plans, etc.

Breakfast at Cindy's may not be in the picture, but I'd give it a shot, as there are cancellations all the time.

I have heard if you call the day before you might get a cancellation for CRT. Beaches and Cream at the BC/YC has good burgers as well as the ESPN zone on the Boardwalk. We love the RFC at AK too. Good luck.:D

I made my PS times about the same time as you for a trip in May. I would definitely do one character meal. They are a lot of fun. You probably won't be able to get Cinderella's or Chef Mickey's, but there are plenty of others to choose from. We liked Crystal Palace, but my kids are younger and Pooh is their favorite. I would only do one PS a day because kids your ages will want to be moving and seeing attractions. I think one sit down meal rejuvenates everyone and is a nice break from the crowds! Read some of the reviews on here and look at the menus. That helped me a lot. I also think it is fun to eat at the World Showcase restaurants.

You could try the Storybook Princess Breakfast at Epcot, there are other character meals as well. The Ice Cream social at Epcot also has characters and is easier to get into.

has any one heard about a tea (not the tea party for kids, one for adults)I can't find anything about it but was told it was wonderful
Thanks sorry i am going to start anew thread and can't figure out how to get rid of this

Planning a Disney trip can involve as much or as little detail as you desire. Some folks like to plan things out down to the last detail. Others like to wing it and make no reservations. Some folks (myself included) fall somewhere in the middle.

Are your kids adventurous? Disney is a great place to introduce them to different types of restaurants, foods, and experiences. Maybe get them involved in some of the planning of where to eat and hang out. There are some great restaurants out there for families. Not sure if you're staying on or off Disney, but check out some of these places . . .

Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Brunch and dinner buffet -- great food, great settling and a great way to explore the lodge even if you're not staying there.

Wildernes Canyon restaurant at Wilderness Lodge -- family style food with entertainment.

Trail's End Buffet at Fort Wilderness - haven't eaten here yet, but hear it is a good deal and a nice diversion.

Teppanyaki at Japan in Epcot -- great Benihana-style place. Kids love the show, and the lunchtime menu is pretty reasonable.

As K and K's Mommy said, one reserved meal a day is plenty, and a sit down meal helps to rejuvenate the gang, especially in one of the parks. A late lunch or early dinner can be the main meal of the day.

Lastly, don't stress out -- you know your family best and what they'll like and want to do. Have fun!

I will give you some thoughts on some of our favs. If you can get Cindys for breakfast go there. Its very good. Try 24 hrs ahead and be flexible for any cancellation times.
While at MK, Pecos Bills has very good burgers with wonderful fixins bar. Crystal Palace is another great Character meal. There again try for the 24 hr deal.
Epcot has all kinds of places to try. Our favs: For Mexican, San Angel Inn, try the Mole Poblano, MMMMMMM. For a melt in your mouth steak, Le Cellier. Try the cheese soup while there, youll be asking for the recipe on that one. And the pretzel bread too.
MGM favs.......50s Prime time cafe, Fried Chicken, Pot roast and Meatloaf all very tasty, and the entertainment is fun. Mama Melroses for Italian. Their Pizzas are good.
AK is not one of our favs as far as eats go. Im sure others can enlighten you on this subject.
Whispering Canyon cafe at Wilderness Lodge is good and fun. Go with an appetite! If not staying there, catch the boat from MK.

These are a few of our favs, and you will enjoy discovering some new ones with your family. Have fun!

Welcome to the DIS annb3!
Don't fret (as other posters have said) there is still lots of time to plan.
For a peek at some Walt Disney World menus try this site

http://wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm

You can also try the DIS Family board for suggestions on exactly what your children will love.
You were directed to the right site for planning suggestions- everyone has a wealth of Disney Travel Knowledge that even Walt would be proud of.

There are also great touring and planning tips here on the DIS.

Touring with Kids is a great section that I find has some wonderful suggestions.

http://wdwinfo.com/Just_for_kids/index.htm

And of course if you are staying on site the Resorts Discussion forum gives you lots of information to ensure a great vacation.

Have fun planning and remember- You will be on Vacation- if you don't want to COMMANDO through the parks.. you don't have to... You can always come back to Disney to catch what you might have missed the first time!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Oh you still have plenty of time to sample fun places. Try for a late breakfast seating at Donald's Breakfastosaurus at AK. It is a fun character breakfast with Mickey and friends - or try dinner at the Garden Grille in Epcot, also a character meal with Mickey. I bet you can get one of these! Also, early or late lunches are usually easy to get, then eat a small supper at your resort!

The more exotic restaurants in Epcot are easy to get into also.

My suggestion, loosely plan your days so you know which park you will be in which day - and pick a nearby restaurant. Don't pick restaurants randomly and make PS's. You don't want to find yourselves having fun at MK one day only to discover that you have a PS for lunch at Sci-Fi in MGM, in ten minutes!

Relax - it is overwhelming, but don't freak, you are still in good shape to plan some wonderful memories!

I started late and got my Princess Beakfast after the start date. I also got Crystal Palace with no problems. Not everything goes on the due date. Especially in slow times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter