restaurants at US and IOA

Mary Diehl

DIS Veteran
Our family is going to Universal Studios next April for the first time. I need info on restaurants within the parks that would be good for kids. Their ages next year will be 8, 11 & 14. Any helpful info on anything else would be appreciated. We are planning on staying at the Hard Rock Hotel. We've also heard that they discontinued the FOTL but are aloud to use it only once for each ride. Any truth to this. I'm afraid by the time we go, they'll discontinue it all together. We are going for 4 days. Is that enough time and which park do you think we'd spend the most time in.

We really liked the Monster Cafe at the studios. Pizzas, pastas and salads and the food is good, but not exceptional. The place itself is full of B movie stuff and is fun, even if the kids don't recognize it all. The terrace restaraunt over beside the JP ride is nice. Thunder Falls or something like that, I can never remember. BBQ-type food that you buy at the counter then seat yourself, with real silverware, glasses and napkins. I can do fast food as well as the next person, but this is a welcome change. The place is very comfortable, and my DD8 likes to go outside after eating and stand in the splash zone for the ride and get soaked! Also, Mythos is really nice inside ---- you might try it for lunch and grab a personal pizza. Lastly, since you're staying at the HRH, be sure and eat as the HRCafe and show your card for priority seating. Try it on a crowded Friday night and enjoy the thrill of by-passing a few hundred people. You may have to wait 10 or 15 minutes still, but it's fun. Also, they make fabulous milkshakes --- we took to getting shakes to go on the way home everynight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter