Restaurants for little boys?

beautybelle

DIS Veteran
In each park what would be the best and most interesting restaurants for a little boy. I know the Rainforest Cafe but what else. Seems like everything is for little girls.

My son's favorites are Donalds Breakfastasaurus (AK), Garden Grille (Epcot), SciFi (MGM) and Liberty Tree Tavern (MK).

My boys aren't so little any more, they seem to have outgrown me, :earseek: but they've always loved Donald's Breakfastosaurus, Sci Fi Dine Inn, and Rainforest Cafe. They loved these when they were younger, and they still love them, even though they're getting bigger. In fact, I mentioned dropping Rainforest Cafe from the list now that they're getting older, and they were outraged! :eek: So we'll be doing these three again this trip! :D

well i am just guessing here since my "baby" is 22 years old, but what about whispering canyon cafe? or o'hana for dinner? stick horse races at wwc and coconut sweeping contests at ohana!! such fun! and at wwc be sure to have one of the boys ask for catsup! donald's is really good. oh another thougt the hoop-dee-doo at fort wilderness. we always enjoy this no matter how old!:tongue:

Let's see, I just pollled my 2 boys and here's what they came up with.

Magic Kingdom--Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn on Tom Sawyer's Island, The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland (they like the turkey legs ;) ) and El Pirata Y el Perico next to Pirates of the Caribbean (they have taco's & nacho's etc..).

Epcot World Showcase--Cantina de San Angel at Mexico (counter service mexican food).

Epcot Future World--Garden Grille.Family style lunch with Mickey & friends.

MGM--Rosie's All American Cafe and Sci-Fi Dine-In.

Animal Kingdom--Flame Tree Barbecue and Donald's Breakfastosaurus with Donald & friends.

Hope you have a great time, and your boys too!

Both of my kids (DS and DD) want to go to Cosmic Ray's every year! :D

Oh those were some really cool ideas. Can you tell me somemore about Ohana's and oh what was the other.....Cosmic Rays and what about Chef Mickey's? I've read that Chef Mickeys might be the best bet (for a little boy) as a character meal, what do you think?

My boys (who were 5 and almost 2 when we went last) really liked Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and just about anywhere they could get a hot dog. :p Seriously though, Whispering Canyon is a great bet- fun games for kids, lots of joking, and good food. Plus the Lodge is great fun to explore.

When I think back on it, they also really, REALLY liked the food at Cape May Cafe---we played on the beach before our PS and that was a lot of fun as well.

My sons loved having lunch in King Stephan's which is now Cinderella's Royal Table. The breakfast may be full of princesses but the restaurant itself is as fun for boys...armour and turrets, circular staircase, coats of arms.

They also loved HoopdeDoo and San Angel Inn.

My 4 y.o. son really loved the Sci-Fi drive-in at MGM - of course, he was too busy watching the 1950's movies of robots to eat without me nagging him - but he really liked the atmosphere (he loves robots).

He also loves Ohana's for the coconut races (push coconuts around the room with brooms - get gummy worms as a prize for finishing) - as well the hula hoop contest . He also likes Whispering Canyon for their "horse" races....Basically he loves any restaurant where he can get up and hoop and holler and run-around and it's not only okay -but actually encouraged (picture ops for parents)! He also laughed the hardest of all of us at Hoop Dee Doo Review.....

My 4 yo DS loves Sci Fi Dine Inn, Crystal Palace(he's a big Tigger fan), Rainforest Cafe(loved the gorillas), and Pizzafari.

Geez what great ideas. Im having a time writing all these down. He will have a blast. Im thinking of Chef Mickeys for Character Breakfast and Whispering Canyan Cafe as my main 2. I myself would like to try Beaches and Cream though.

I can't believe nobody's said Pizza Planet! Great arcade for little boys if you're willing to spare a few dollars worth of quarters... couldn't drag DS away! Hope that helps!

My boys were 2½ & 4 when we went in November and they loved Crystal Palace (lunch) and Cape May Cafe (breakfast). They really weren't impressed with the Rainforest Cafe and the rest of the adults weren't thrilled with the food either. They loved the flatbread appetizer (pizza-like) at Spoodles. Sci-Fi was fun for my 4yo (2yo fell asleep).

~DawnMaree

My two boys absolutely loves the ketchup hotel (Whispering Canyon) :teeth: What fun... who can argue with pony races, straw throws, giant forks and spoons, and of course... KETCHUP!!!

They also loved beaches & cream, ohana, 50's prime time. But by far the ketchup hotel and restaurant wins hands down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter