Returning to Aulani in May

gumbydom

Earning My Ears
Prices for airfare are too low to pass up. We will get to do the things we missed like La Hiki Sunday Brunch, Ama Ama's for dinner, eat more shaved ice and dole whip.

Anyone else going in May?

Last edited:
We have a trip planned for late May/ early June. I am hoping all of this blows over before then. But we love Hawaii and are thrilled to be going back for a second time.

We are planning a trip in late May/Early June, depending on how things progress. I did notice that the flights we booked with miles and points are now nearly half price, so you may be able to snag a bargain. Also, most airlines have a no cancellation policy. I would book it if I were you

We are planning a trip in late May/Early June, depending on how things progress. I did notice that the flights we booked with miles and points are now nearly half price, so you may be able to snag a bargain. Also, most airlines have a no cancellation policy. I would book it if I were you

I just checked my flights for that time of year and the cost is double what I paid. Weird.

I'll be at Aulani for a staycation in May.

R/T airfare between Hawaii and the west coast is hovering around $200. $350 to MCO, but what's the point now that WDW is closed :(

We are going in April. Right now we are planning to cancel as we are coming from Seattle, one of the epicenters. The problem is that Hawaiian Airlines will only give us a flight change allowance meaning we have to pick a different day to fly out; which is crap since we are planning to cancel our trip to Hawaii in its entirety. As Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris are all now closed, I feel it is likely that Aulani will close as well due to the number of people in one place. At a minimum, they will probably cancel all future luaus or other large gatherings. Fun times people! One thing to consider is how Disney addressed the situation after 9/11. We saw huge discounts for everything from tickets, DVC and hotels. Assuming we cancel, I think I'll wait and see what offers will be published and may be able to do a Disneyland or WDW trip for a fraction of the former price.

We are going in April. Right now we are planning to cancel as we are coming from Seattle, one of the epicenters. The problem is that Hawaiian Airlines will only give us a flight change allowance meaning we have to pick a different day to fly out; which is crap since we are planning to cancel our trip to Hawaii in its entirety. As Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris are all now closed, I feel it is likely that Aulani will close as well due to the number of people in one place. At a minimum, they will probably cancel all future luaus or other large gatherings. Fun times people! One thing to consider is how Disney addressed the situation after 9/11. We saw huge discounts for everything from tickets, DVC and hotels. Assuming we cancel, I think I'll wait and see what offers will be published and may be able to do a Disneyland or WDW trip for a fraction of the former price.

Would you consider going to Hawaii another time? Being an island, it is somewhat isolated from the rest of the population. I think Aulani will stay open, otherwise Disney would have closed it like the other parks. Hope you can make it soon!

PSA: If you can visit this month, there is a forum member selling points for $10/point on the DVC rent/trade forum. Hotel rooms are still available and it comes out to $180/night. I do feel bad that I was able to book at this deal because someone else had to cancel their vacation :( But at least $10/point will cover his dues for the year and he doesn't have to take a total loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter