• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Review of Kona

pigletforever

DIS Veteran
The days are running together while we are here but I thought I would give a couple quick reviews.

Sunday we had Dinner at Kona. I don't have enough thumbs up to do this place justice. We had a great server, Debi from Clifton NJ. We agreed about the new kids menu and she was willing to accomadate DS4.

We ordered 3 appitizers, Sticky wings, Crab Cake and pot stickers. We shared.

For dinner I had the Char crusted Beef Medailions. DS17 had the MahiMahi, and I can't remember what DH had. when he wakes up I will edit this. The beef was so tender I could cut it with a butter knife. It melted in my mouth. I couldn't believe how good it was. DS 17 loved the Mahi. He orginally ordered it because he wanted the risotto that came with it. Debi later told him he could have gotten the rissotto with any dish. She also told us that the Mahi is their #1 seller and to her knowledge have never had a complaint about it.

We are on the DDP and were allowed to get smoothies as drinks.

I had the Kona Kiddie Kone for dessert. Antother triva fact. It was orginally to be called the KIKI Kone (KIKI is Hawaian for kiddie). I lost my cotton candy to DS4.

DH had the white cheesecake and said it was OK. DS17 had the Choc torte and said it was delish but couldnt finish it.

This was the best experience so far with Rose and Crown being #2. I will get that written up soon.

Here Here- have to agree it was a fab meal we had the two same entrees.
My mother couldnt believe she was in WDW- she thought she would be eating burgers and dogs all week!

Thanks for the great review! I can't wait to try it, only 2 more weeks! :banana:

Our family tried Kona Cafe for the first time this trip also and we are so glad we did! It is nice to get away from the parks for a while for a good meal and good service too.

Bev

What did your 4 y/o eat? I had a terrible fishy mahi mahi and sent it back. The second plat was no better then the first! I love the seafood chowder though!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

We LOVE the Kona, we go there everytime we're in Disney. I get this great noodlebowl that comes with a spicy sauce- it's fabulous!! And DH insists on the cheesecake (I personally do not eat cheesecake.)
We are going to the Kona Cafe this Sat. for Dinner then we are going down to the beach to catch the electric light parade and fireworks at MK-It's a great view from there.
Sunday we are having lunch with friends at the whispering canyon cafe which I have never eaten at, then taking boats out on the lake then making our way to FW for the hayride and Chip -N-Dales campfire sing along.
Of course the best laid plans always fail and there was some hinting about seeing fantasmic.....we'll see
...t.

it is the new kids menu. the kids have the choice of a chicken pizza and two other set meals or they can get a burger or mac and cheese with ice cream

They let DS get burger with fries, and applesause and icecream sundae. I will say all restaurants are aware of the disdain for the new menu and try to help find what kids will eat. The servers also don't like the menu.

Debi was our server in Sept. Isn't she the GREATEST? I plan to request her section next month when we return :thumbsup2 Food=not one bad word.

pigletforever said:
The days are running together while we are here but I thought I would give a couple quick reviews.

Sunday we had Dinner at Kona. I don't have enough thumbs up to do this place justice. We had a great server, Debi from Clifton NJ. We agreed about the new kids menu and she was willing to accomadate DS4.

We ordered 3 appitizers, Sticky wings, Crab Cake and pot stickers. We shared.

For dinner I had the Char crusted Beef Medailions. DS17 had the MahiMahi, and I can't remember what DH had. when he wakes up I will edit this. The beef was so tender I could cut it with a butter knife. It melted in my mouth. I couldn't believe how good it was. DS 17 loved the Mahi. He orginally ordered it because he wanted the risotto that came with it. Debi later told him he could have gotten the rissotto with any dish. She also told us that the Mahi is their #1 seller and to her knowledge have never had a complaint about it.

We are on the DDP and were allowed to get smoothies as drinks.

I had the Kona Kiddie Kone for dessert. Antother triva fact. It was orginally to be called the KIKI Kone (KIKI is Hawaian for kiddie). I lost my cotton candy to DS4.

DH had the white cheesecake and said it was OK. DS17 had the Choc torte and said it was delish but couldnt finish it.

This was the best experience so far with Rose and Crown being #2. I will get that written up soon.

Thanks for the review. I enjoyed reading it and remembering the Hawaiian food.

How was the COFFEE?

va18.JPG

Does the coffee come in one of those coffee bongs like Kevin posted from V&As?????? If so I may have to cancel O'Hana..... ;)

My family loves Kona, too! We're staying at the Polynesian on our next trip and I am sure we will be dining there several times! Oh and I order the Mahi Mahi every time. It's awesome!

Thanks for the reviews!

susieq76 said:
Does the coffee come in one of those coffee bongs like Kevin posted from V&As?????? If so I may have to cancel O'Hana..... ;)

Coffee Bong !!:rotfl: I think it was called a Coffee Press and yes it does :thumbsup2

What ya know, I am going there in Nov with my buddy Keliblue who just posted :rotfl: I kinda like the "coffee bong" thing.

bonzarella said:
What ya know, I am going there in Nov with my buddy Keliblue who just posted :rotfl: I kinda like the "coffee bong" thing.

Ssssssssshhhhhhhh... so do I :thumbsup2 we will have to order a "C BONG" with a couple of shots to go with it :rolleyes1 :drinking1 in November

The coffee at Kona comes in a coffee press which is different than what was reported in the V&A review by Mr.Disney.

The coffee was very good! DD and I had breakfast here a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed it!

Kona03.jpg

Thanks for sharing your review, glad to hear you enjoyed the meal. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter