Reviews 8-5 to 8-8

cooper1204

Earning My Ears
OKay - so I'll start out by writing reviews for the first part of our trip (3 adults/2 children) - after that, I'm sure I'll be too tired to write more and will have to post reviews for the remainder of the trip on a different thread...

We arrived at OKW Saturday (8-5) afternoon and after cooling off in the pool, decided to head to DTD for dinner. After taking a lovely ferryride there, we were excited to head over to the Rainforest Cafe to check out how long the wait was, only to find that we would have to wait in a 10-15 minute line just to put our names down for a 2 hour wait!!!! This was not going to happen so we headed over to Wolfgang Puck Express where we found an outside table right away...The three adults had the Warm BBQ Chicken Sandwich with chips (this was pretty good), the BBQ Glazed Rotisserie Chicken with mashed potatoes (the chicken was so moist and tender and the mashed potatoes were some of the best I've ever tasted), and the spinach mushroom pizza (I didn't taste this - but it got a pretty good review)...the kiddies had a cheese pizza and crispy chicken fingers with fries....We had never been here before, so I was a bit concerned with how we were going to carry all that food to our table, but was pleasantly surpirsed to have been given a ticket card for our table so that the food could be delivered to us....overall, I thought this place was great - it felt a bit hectic at the beginning with all the people around, but the food was excellent, and the portions were generous and the pricing just right (I could not believe the size of some of the things that were being delivered to the other tables!!!!) - no room for dessert - I would definetly go back here again, and, for the type of place this is, give it an A- (although we paid for everything inside, we did leave a tip for the servers who delivered the items to the table and cleared things away - not sure if this was expected or required - but it felt like the right thing to do)

Sunday (8-6) - First Day on Dining Plan....we headed to the MK and decided to eat lunch at Cosmic Rays - I'm not sure if this was a slow time, because we were, once again, able to find seating without any problems - I thought the animatronic piano player they had was very cute and entertaining for the kids, although the AC in this place was jacked to the limit so it was freezing inside...I did not care for the set up of the food ordering sations as it required us to wait in multiple lines instead of being able to order all togther - two of the adults shared the turkey bacon wrap (we got chips instead of the pasta salad) and carrot cake, the other adult had a burger with fries and the triple chocolate cake...I'm glad I decided to share the turkey bacon wrap because this thing was humoungous and I felt like I could have even shared the half that I shared with someone else!!!...it was pretty good though and the carrot cake was delicious as well...you can't really go wrong with a burger, fries and chocolate cake - so no complaints there - the kiddies had chicken nuggets with fries, and applesauce and lowfat milk...we got them the brownies for dessert, but kept them hidden in a bag for later so they wouldn't go overboard - I'm glad the meals came with the apple sauce and milk so we didn't feel like we were feeding them junk all the time - I just wish there were more fruit options for dessert!!!! Overall, I would give this place a B.

Dinner was at the Crystal Palace - we had a 5:40 reservation and only had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated...our server was extremely nice and attentive and I thought that everything we tried at the buffet was absolutely delicious...this was also the first time we ate here and I would defintelty go back...the character interaction was perfect and we got a chance to get autographs and pics with everyone...although the adults started out with sodas for drinks - our server had no problem and did not charge us for switching to coffee at the end (I've heard this has been an issue for some people and it actually was at Le Cell when we went there later in the week)For buffets, I would give this place an A-

Monday (8-7) we went to MGM and ate at the ABC Comissary for lunch - once again, no problems finding tables!!! Two of the adults had the burger and fries - I actually tried the vegetable noodle stir fry - once again - no complaints with the burgers (expect maybe that there were too filling!!!) - while I thought box the stir fry was served in was cute - this was really not that great - I was able to eat it without any problems - but the noodles were very very mushy...the kiddies had, guess again...chicken nuggets, fries, apple sauce and milk....what else can I really say about that??? We all had the strawberry parfait for dessert - I thought this was just okay - and seemed a bit watery...I don't think I would go for it again - Overall, I'd give this place a B-

For dinner, we headed over to the Prime Time Cafe...we had a reservation and had to wait about 15 minutes to be called (no big deal) - I have eaten here before and have really enjoyed myself and the food - but after this experience - do not think I will be going back for a long time...first of all, when we got to out table, there was tons of food on the floor from the prior guests...this really bothers me as it gives the impression of eating under unsanitary conditions...our waitress was also less than enthusiastic and should have been greeting guests at the Haunted Mansion instead of working at prime time...the adults shared the fried herb cheese appetizer (the only incredibly good thing about the meal), and the beer battered onion rings (these were so disgustingly greasy - I'm surprised none of us got a heart attack just from looking at them) - the kids had the chicken noodle soup for thier appetizer - since there kids and don't really complain about food all that much - I can;t say for sure how it was...but it looked avergae...

For dinner - one adult, on our servers recommendation, had the fried chicken and didn't really care for it or each much of it - the other two of us had the pot roast...I've tried this in the past and thought I liked it - but this time around, found it barely edible - there was a lot of fat on the peices of meat...and it just tasted kinda funny - I also thought the amount of the food they put on the plate was also a real turn off - just way too much!!!! Both kids had the grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans - it looked okay enough and they ate most of it - but didn't really care for the potatoes...

For dessert, two adults had the the angel food cake with fresh berries - thank god THIS was as good as I remembered it!!! The other adult had the Dad's super brownie sundae - what size stomach's do the people creating these desserts think we have???? This thing was monsterous!!!! I didn't try it - but heard it was pretty good....the kids got the make your own sundaes which they enjoyed and had alot of fun with...Overall, I would give this place a C-

Tuesday (8-8) this was a day off, and after feeling and looking like I had a baby in my stomach from the previous night's meal...I decided not to eat till dinner...everyone else went to Goods to Go at our resort and got the standard hot dog, chicken nuggets etc....

For dinner we went to Spoodles and had a great time....our server was great and attentive and explained exactly what "extras" we were entitled to on the meal plan...For appetizers the adults had the four cheese flat bread (delicious and a meal in itself), the flatbread with olive tapanade, tomato, and mozzellera (another delicious meal in and of itself) and the greek salad (I didn't try it but it looked good)...the kids had the mixed green salad with ranch dressing (very impressed with the 7 year old ordering salad), while the other one had the cheese flat bread (this looked like a minnie kids pizza)...for entrees, two of the adults had the NY Strip with shrimp and sweet potato steak fries (i heard this was okay)...i had the rigatoni with shrimp added in which was absolutely delicious...both kids had the grilled strip steak with mashed potatoes and peas (i could not believe the size of this meal...they complained that the steak was a bit hard to chew (but both have expanders on thier teeth) and that they didn't really care for the mashed potatoes)...then when I didn't think we had room for anyting else - we put on our brave faces and ordered dessert - I had the vanilla bean creme brulee whcih was excellent and just the right size, one other adult had the white chocolate orange cake - another acceptable sized portion - while the third adult and two kids had the make your own sundaes - this was a very cute part of the meal and presentation as the ice cream is served on a painters pallate and the toppings are spread around it in little cups as paint would appear on the pallate...I would definetly go back here again and give this place an A-...also, the bread and olive oil they serve before the meal is fantastic!!!!

I'm done for now and being reminded of just how full I was all week, think I will be skipping dinner tonight!!!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the great reviews! Plan on eating long and hard next week-you are an inspiration!!! Look forward to reading more!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter