Reviews:Kona, Narcoosee's,Ohana,Le Cellier, Jiko

k&a&c'smom

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a wonderful, though hectic, trip to the World!

Day 1: Lunch at Kona Cafe, right after we checked in. DD had the crab cakes and I had the potstickers, both were very good, with the potstickers the favorite. We shared the blackened mahi-mahi sandwich, and this was also very good. We will definitely go back.

Dinner at Narcoossee's, DD had the Butternut Squash & Crab Soup, I had the Lobster/Crab Cakes, and these were both delicious! The Squash soup won out, as usual. DD's entree was the Seared Scallops, and I had the Pan-seared Flounder with mushroom risotto, two thumbs up for both!! Wonderful meal, as usual.

Day 2: Lunch at Pecos Bill's at MK - surprisingly good! DD and I shared a hot dog and the Billy the Kid salad, the salad had a very tasty lime-vinegraitte(sp) dressing, and the hot dogs are pretty good for hot dogs!!

Dinner was at Ohana, and was delicious as always - the chicken wings and shrimp wontons were the favorite appetizer, with the shrimp our favorite entree! Very crowded, people were being turned away.

Day 3: Mama Melrose for lunch, we shared the calamari and the chicken flatbread pizza. The calamari was very tender, yummy, and the flatbread was a wonderful mix of flavors - the grilled chicken, pancetta, cheese, MMMM!! Can't wait to try it again!

Dinner was at Boma, and this is normally one of our favorites. But, we weren't very hungry, so didn't get to fully enjoy this restaurant. Our favorites this trip were the soups(mulligatawny, shrimp dumpling, seafood stew), the chips and hummus, and the desserts.

Day 4: We had no plans for lunch, but as we passed by Le Cellier, we decided to try to get in. We did, and it was one of the best meals of the trip. We both had the cheese soup to start, which was as delicious as described, we could have made a meal of it! But, the Seafood Pasta called, which we decided to split. Good thing, it was a huge portion!! This was a delicious rotini pasta with shrimp and scallops, covered in a wonderful creamy tomato sauce. Yummy!! We'll definitely return for lunch to have this pasta again, hopefully they won't change the menu too quickly!

Our last dinner was at Jiko, and it was as fabulous as we remembered. We split the Kalamata Olive Flatbread, which was very, very good. DD again had the seared scallops while I tried the Buttermilk Curry Shrimp. DD's scallops were the best, my shrimp were good, with a nice curry sauce grilled on a skewer. I had a wonderful S. African Chardonnay, which was delicious! We decided to have dessert for our last night, DD had the coffee-flavored cheesecake, and I had the pistachio creme brulee. Both were yummy, with DD's cheesecake edging out my creme brulee.

All our meals were very good this trip, can't wait to go back and sample a few more!! :sunny:

Thanks for the reviews! Sounds like you had some great meals(and you hit some of my favorites too;) ).

Wow, sounds like you really had some fantastic meals. I'm drooling!

Thanks for the reviews! :D

Great reviews! We'll be finally trying Jiko on this trip, and OHana's will be tomorrow night! I left open spaces, which I think your review of Le Cellier just won! (I also wanted to be able to double up another Jiko if we really loved it!) I am dying to try the Kalamata Olive flatbread as I am a major olive lover.

I am hungry reading these!
Debbie

Yum! Thanks for posting. We will be trying Narcoosee's for the first time on Sunday and have PS for Le Cellier and Ohana next week as well:D

:wave2: Thanks so much for your review. It's been 18 years since my husband and i have been to Disney. We're trying to narrow down our choices for dinner for the 4 nights we are going to be there in July. Narcoossee and Le Cellier are two we were thinking about. Have you eaten at Victoria and Alberts? If you had to choose between those 2 at the Grand Floridian, which would you choose? Would welcome any other suggestions.

Enjoyed your reviews very much. We had some of the same restaurant choices during our spring break trip too.

That calamari at Mama Melrose is the best I've ever had. Yum!

niceblueeyedwoman - What a great user-name, I am a blue-eyed woman as well, and I hope that I am nice, I try to be!!;)

No, we have never tried V & A's, I always travel with my kids, and never bring "dress-up" clothes with us!! Everybody raves about it, though. Narcoossee's is one of our favorites, it's so pretty and if you time it right, you can see the Electric Water Pageant and the fireworks while you eat!

Our favorite restaurants include a wide-range of types: Flying Fish at Boardwalk, Le Cellier at Epcot, Crystal Palace at MK, Yachtsman Steakhouse at YC, Brown Derby at MGM, San Angel Inn at Epcot, to name a few. If you love seafood, I highly recommend Flying Fish, it is fantastic!::yes:: We tried it for the first time last Dec. and loved it. At San Angel Inn, we like to try the more authentic Mexican dishes, and have always enjoyed our meals there, it is so pretty.

HTH!!:sunny:

Edited to add: Many posters have reported that Citricos at the GF is very good, too, and we mean to try it. It's just that we love Narcoossee's, and tend to pick that when planning for a meal near MK! You might think of trying that, check the menu at allearsnet.com to see if it appeals to you!:wave2:

BCV23 - Yes, I've noticed we often make some of the same choices!!:teeth:

We couldn't wait to have that calamari, DD and I just love it, and it was about the best we've had. As I mentioned, it was very tender, not tough like it can be at some restaurants! Very, very yummy!!:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter