Reviews of CG concierge level???

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
Could anyone tell me about the GC concierge level?? What was the room like ? What was your view like?? What were the offerings like?? I heard there were very looong hallways? Are all the CL rooms on a certain floor?? What floor is the CL lounge on?? Should I ask to be in a certain location (near the lobby, near an elevator, near the loung etc) I reserved a CL theme park view?? Do any of the CL rooms have bunkbeds??? Any thing special you can tell me about GC??? Thank you :Pinkbounc

I'm guessing from your username you have 3 children. We wanted to do concierge at GC but they won't guarantee a room with 5 beds. We wanted the Q, bunk, and daybed but would have been okay with 2 Q and a daybed.....if they would guarantee a room for 5 but they only guarantee 4 beds and a sleeping bad if 5 are in the room. We ended up picking DLH concierge instead because we really need beds for everyone.

We stayed concierge at the Grand last October. We had 5 people in our party and our room only had two beds. There was a sleeping bag available, but we ended up with two kids and one adult in one bed and two adults in the other!

We reserved a theme park view and we were on the 6th floor facing the Paradise Pier section of DCA. It was a spectacular view at night!

The lounge is on the 5th floor. I'm not sure if all concierge rooms are on the 5th and 6th floor or not, but even if not, the lounge is right near the elevator. The food offerings were great. In the morning there were plenty of fresh fruits, pastries, cereals, toast, bagels, juices, tea, hot chocolate, coffee, etc... IN the afternoon they have snacks such as little sandwiches, fruit and veggies with dip, and yummy cookies. From about 5-7 they put out cheese and crackers, veggies, and one hot item. One day it was crab cakes, one day it was quiches, etc... There are fridges stocked with water and soda. Beware that the soda is in glass bottles and you will not be allowed to take them into the parks. You can take the water though.

There is a TV and a few couches to sit on. They have board games available to play as well. There are newspapers and you have access to a computer where you can check your email, etc... They ask that you limit your time to 15 minutes.

The lounge has a nice outdoor patio that you can sit on. The view is not that great though. You see other rooms (I saw a naked man one morning!!!) and you can see a bit of DCA.

If you have any specific questions, I will try and answer as best as I can!

The lounge has a nice outdoor patio that you can sit on. The view is not that great though. You see other rooms (I saw a naked man one morning!!!) and you can see a bit of DCA.

I am sitting here :rotfl2: , I guess that wasn't the best view. :teeth:

GailT said:

I am sitting here :rotfl2: , I guess that wasn't the best view. :teeth:

It was quite funny! My cousin and I were sitting there eating breakfast and I looked up and there was a guy standing in front of his window in a towel. I don't think he realized anyone could see him. Next thing I know he turns around and drops the towel and starts getting dressed! I got a nice butt shot! Too bad it wasn't a cute butt!!! I almost spit my coffee out!!!

I have 3 kid under 5 yrs old, so they could all fit on a queen. I was told that being it was 5 I would get 2Q and a daybed. They also mentioned that there were bunkbeds w/a trundle also. I'm not toooo worried I'll deal with it then. My kids might think its cool to sleep in a sleeping bag :thumbsup2 .

Tink~ Any desserts or cordials at night. I'm a dessert fan. Anyone do the bedtime stories w/milk & cookies? I understand there are 2 different ones 1. at the main lobby and 2. at the concierge lounge. Did you do any character meals?? How were they?? Thanks soo much. We're really excited we've never been to Calif or Disneyland YAHOOO!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

TwingleMum said:
I have 3 kid under 5 yrs old, so they could all fit on a queen. I was told that being it was 5 I would get 2Q and a daybed. They also mentioned that there were bunkbeds w/a trundle also. I'm not toooo worried I'll deal with it then. My kids might think its cool to sleep in a sleeping bag :thumbsup2 .

Tink~ Any desserts or cordials at night. I'm a dessert fan. Anyone do the bedtime stories w/milk & cookies? I understand there are 2 different ones 1. at the main lobby and 2. at the concierge lounge. Did you do any character meals?? How were they?? Thanks soo much. We're really excited we've never been to Calif or Disneyland YAHOOO!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Yes, I forgot about that. At night there is dessert and milk and cookies for the kids. During the 5-7 hours they serve beer and wine as well!

TwingleMum said:
Could anyone tell me about the GC concierge level?? What was the room like ? What was your view like?? What were the offerings like?? I heard there were very looong hallways? Are all the CL rooms on a certain floor?? What floor is the CL lounge on?? Should I ask to be in a certain location (near the lobby, near an elevator, near the loung etc) I reserved a CL theme park view?? Do any of the CL rooms have bunkbeds??? Any thing special you can tell me about GC??? Thank you :Pinkbounc

From both the little experience I've had staying there once (next time in Dec. :cool1: ) and all of the great information on this board I've come to the assumption that here is a "concierge level" and "concierge services". The concierge level is floor 6, officially, however you can request concierge when you book your room unless you want a 1BR, 2BR or 3 BR suite. When I made our reservation for the 2BR suite WDTC told me to call the hotel phone # and ask them. I did and was told that we will have concierge benefits (we were told to pay upon arrival for this) although we won't be on the sixth floor. You may be placed anywhere in the hotel but you also receive concierge benefits of going to the lounge (sixth floor), 5th floor patio (if not being used for private function), etc. If you want a specific view/location just ask, we did, although it is not guaranteed. :confused3 We had a fantastic time a few years ago. Grabbed coffee and pastries in the am and had great pupus at night. The grandkids really loved the nightime storytime in their pjs. The staff was really wonderful and very helpful. I can't wait to get back. We looked out over Soaring and Grizzly Peak last time and they've told me that we will be overlooking the pool and Paradise Pier this time (I've got my fingers crossed :woohoo: ) As for room location, many of the rooms with great views are kind of a walk to the elevators. We had rooms 3450 and 3452 last time and loved it. We could see the fireworks at night on one of our balconies and from the other saw Grizzly Peak and Paradise Pier, it was really magical. We had a long walk to the elevator but, really, the hotel is so pretty that it really did not matter, we enjoyed walking through the hallways. It's a vacation - go for it!

I'm a little confused? Aren't there only 6 floors in the hotel? If so, then the lounge is on the 5th becasue we were on the 6th floor and we had to go down one floor to get to the lounge.

Now, I'm confused. We were on the third floor last time and had to take the elevator up and I SO thought it was on the 6th floor. Oh, well, my mind ain't what it used to be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter