Ride Swap -- TEAM IMAGINE--

I had the same questions last time. I kind of went by what others did for past swaps. Have you checked out the pix?
Animal Kingdom
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31395093&f=0
Everything Else
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31703940&f=
Magic Kingdom
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31336693&f=0
Epcot
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4084831&a=31603140&f=

Most borders & journal boxes are similar but not identical. I think it's up to you. For the journaling, I was told either with or without lines. If you look at the boxes from past swaps, I don't think any of them used lines...but it's okay if you do.

For the double mat...the journal sheet might be plain white with red cardstock 1/8" or 1/4" larger and black cardstock 1/8" or 1/4" larger than the red as an example.

Does that help?

THANKS !! That helped out tons.. just don't want to do it wrong! Michelle

I hope this isn't a double post - something happened & I got a "cannot find page" error when I hit submit.

Anyway...I asked tons of questions for my first two swaps & everyone here was very patient with me.

About choosing the right elements....you took good ones! I took borders & squares for my first one thinking they wouldn't be too hard. Well, they weren't hard but those squares were almost the death of me! :earseek:

I knew that 4 squares for 22 people was 88 squares, but failed to take into account that each square was 3 pieces! So I had to cut 264 squares, not 88....and all without a CM punch! LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: I thought I'd never finish! ;)

This swap is officially closed! All the standby kids are in- Please check what you were assigned- I tried really hard to make it fair-

Everyone: Final Details are posted in Post 1

If you have yet to pick a topic please let me know so we can get it added-

-em

I would like to do Splash Mountain or Mickey's Philharmonic (if that counts as a ride?)

Thanks for doing this!
Shawna

I came off the wait list for this group and was assigned paper piecing, I'm willing to try, but I have not clue what a paper piecing is? Shawna

Ladies,
I've PM'd Emily to let her know that I will have to bow out of this Swap and will only be able to to do the Believe one at this time. Good luck to everyone. You all will be getting some great items to put in your books.....:)

Mickeyteacher look on the www.lifetimemoments.com site and go to swaps. Then look at the paper piecings to get the idea. When I have done these, I have used coloring book pages (that I got from a google search), or even click art pieces (also done as a search from google under the images tab). You then take apart each section, or the sections you want and use them as pattern pieces to cut your paper and put together your piece. It does not have to be complicated, you can pick a simple image with only a few segments. Someone here might be able to describe it better, if you want I can try to write it out as a step by step process and pm it to you too.

Thanks Twigs... That gives me a great idea. I will start looking for a picture today. I can not wait to get started now. I just hope they will live up to everyone expectation.
Shawna

How's everyone coming? I'm still trying to decide how I want to do it. I've layed in bed many nights thinking about it. Now, I need to find the time to actually sit down and work on it!

Hey Em! Are we doing 23 since Piglets Pal had to bow out or did you find someone to replace her so we still do 24?

Christina - I'm strill struggling with the paper piecing thing! Too many little pieces - or not enough detail if I skip the tiny pieces & then it looks dumb! :( I'll try a couple more prototypes & then change pix. AUGH!

Thanks Em. :)

Just curious...does anyone want to trade Paper Piecing for - anything???? Even a shaker box??? AUGH!!!! :crazy: :crazy: Can I cry yet?

I've already finished my tags, so changing themes is probably out of the question. (I'm doing Festival of the Lion King.) Silly me thought I could do this! :sad2:

Disneyland_emily said:
We are still at 24-

I'm mean and made her stay in the Swap and work past her fears ;)

-em

Yes she did, got out the belt she did and told me I couldn't leave. So I guess your all STUCK with me.......... :rotfl:

I'm glad you "decided" :rolleyes: to stay Becky! ;) Let us know if you need anything! (As long as it's not related to paper piecing! :rotfl: :rotfl: )

I have a question. I have borders, and for the borders, can they be horizontal? I was planning on doing them vertical, but what I want to type on them looks funny vertical. It looks much better horizontal. Is that okay?

Becky, I think you'll be happy you stayed in the end. I think that you'll end up loving the paper piecings and end up doing them for yourself all the time. All Emily did, was force you to learn something new and fun ;) (I only say this because I didn't get stuck with paper piecings :teeth: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter