Ridemakerz

Cinderelly78

Earning My Ears
Hi to the DISDads! Happy Father's Day!

The boyfriend and I will be heading to WDW in September and I was hoping I could ask you guys about the store Ridemakerz in DTD. He doesn't know it exists, and I would like to keep it that way until we get there. He's a VERY amateur RC enthusiast - by which I mean he has a small helicopter he likes to annoy our dog with - but I know he would LOVE this store. The problem is, I don't know much about it and their website, while semi helpful, doesn't give me a guy "cool factor". Should I take him? How much should I be prepared to drop on his creation? How much time should we expect to spend there? Do they have a "guy care" area where I can drop him off and enjoy the parks while he drools over RC cars? :) Just kidding. Any info or stories of your experiences would be great - thanks so much guys!

Thanks for stopping by and for the Father's Day Wishes. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with your question. I like to go play with the Legos.

I went to a Ridemakerz in Myrtle Beach last year...

I got me a non-RC Hot-Rod Mater.

DS12 got a RC Monster Stealth Mater.

The RC is pretty good. Trying to remeber the Pricinng.

Basically You buy a "Shell" which includes. You can get a non-RC base for no additonal charge (I think?) You also get a set od basic tires and rims at no charge. Shells are like $30.

Non-RC Street Chassis = Free
Non-RC Monster Chassis = $5
A RC Street Chassis = $25
A RC Monster Chassis = $30

Stock Rims and Tires are free... however... the tires are fine...but your BF may want to upgrade his rims... typical $8

the Car has a Basic Sound System...but you have the option for some sound cartidges... $3

There is then and array of accessories such as Engine Block... Exhaust Systems... Bumpers... Spoilers... Striping... you name it. All with various degrees of costs.

If you go RC... I'd say you are looking at the $75-100 ballpark... depending on how much he want to "Pimp-Out" his ride.

I think my very basic non-RC Mater with upgraded Rims and a Hoodscoop was about $50 ... My Kids were buying it for my Fathers day. :thumbsup2

Disney/Pixar Cars Shells were a bit more pricey... like $35ish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter