Rider Swap Logistics

klh999

Mouseketeer
We are taking my mom with us in Jan, who is in a regular wheelchair, but has aphasia (can’t communicate) so she doesn’t want to be left alone. Will we be able to use rider swap?
There is 4 of us, but my mom won’t want to ride things like splash mountain, so ideally my sis and niece (she is 17) could go on the ride, while I wait with my mom, and then my sister waits while me and my niece go on the ride. Is this ok?

Officially, it’s for children who do not meet the height restrictions. Therefore, on those rides where there are none, you may not get a CM willing to make it happen. All you can do is ask.

I think I hard they have you alll wait in line then when you get on she and someone else wait with her then when the ride end the person that waited goes on.

Yes, as @gap2368 describes is how they usually handle Rider Swap if the non-rider is tall enough to enter the queue.

Couldn't she just go in the queue with you, and you do swap at the ride vehicle?

Last edited:

I wouldn't say wrong, really. I think it's more that some CMs (or areas, or managers, etc.) adhere more strictly to the exact policy than others. Guests would probably be best served by going with the expectation of what the written policy says, but always ask the Greeter.

The website has been improved on this point. However, the process as ususlly discussed for young children is not necessarily how it will be handled for anyone tall enough to enter the queue. In such cases this is the part that gets changed:
2. ...the Guests who are not riding will be issued a Ride Switch entitlement by the Cast Member and asked to wait in a designated area (usually outside of the attraction). This group is “Party 2.”
Expect the “designated area” to be at/near boarding, rather than outside the attraction, with everyone entering the queue together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter