RIP Thread

It was announced tonight that Bob Beckel long time democratic political analyst, media personality and long time Friend of Bill W has passed away at age 73

I'll apologize now for posting someone's death that no one else on here will know, but this was a very important person in our lives a long time ago and the circumstances of his death hurt.

Many of you know our son, Ian, is from Ukraine. I have been following the news from Ukraine closely this week. Serge Zevlever was instrumental in our adoption process. His Facebook page is full of similar posts today.

:worried:

j

Last edited:

Jim sorry for the loss of someone that played such an important part in your family. I fear in the days that are to come many people that have a connection over there will have a similar loss to share.

Thank you Mike and Joe.

I've reached out to see if anyone has info on several others that helped us through the month we were in Ukraine. No info yet. Ian's orphanage was on the outskirts of Kharkiv. This is on the far north-east of Ukraine. The town the orphanage is in is only about 25 miles from the Russian border and Kharkiv was one of the first cities to be invaded.

j

Jim I did see on Fox News something about some Orphanages in the Ukraine earlier today . They did speak with one of the top people in the organization that runs 4 of them. They did show him at one and the occupants taking shelter in a storm cellar.

I'll apologize now for posting someone's death that no one else on here will know, but this was a very important person in our lives a long time ago and the circumstances of his death hurt.

Many of you know our son, Ian, is from Ukraine. I have been following the news from Ukraine closely this week. Serge Zevlever was instrumental in our adoption process. His Facebook page is full of similar posts today.

View attachment 650634

:worried:

j
No apology needed. Sounds like a great man.

I won't drag this out anymore. The situation is Ukraine is as bad as the media has been reporting, especially around Kharkiv, where Ian was born. I try to stay away from the Ukraine news feeds, but it is hard.

Our local NBC affiliate did a nice story on Serge. This is short.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/n...n-war/63-057b4ea8-4fc6-45c5-96b2-3e14b6ab0a62

j

ABC News did too

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ukrainian-american-adoption-advocate-dies-invasion-83270201

Thanks Michael. That is the first I've seen of the details of how/when he was killed.

Still sucks and things are only going to get worse. I'm resigned to the likelihood that Ukraine will be an occupied shell of what it was until Putin is bankrupt or dead.

It is a shame. It is a beautiful old European country and everyone we met was so proud to be independent.

j

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter