Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed (but not holding my breath) that the BGs will last at least four or five minutes today and tomorrow. We’ll be visiting this Thursday through Saturday and I know I’ll have more hope if they’ve don’t run out quite so quickly. 😬

So explain the exact process to me so i dont have to read 100 pages lol.

App open to (find out more)
Then click on that right at 8:00
Then (My status) or (join boarding group) which one will turn red?
Do you then select party of 2? (thats my case is just 2 of us) I will have my girls ticket linked into my account as she is under 5.
1. Scan your tickets into the app. It is best if you have only the tickets of the people who will be in the park and joining your boarding group scanned in, since anyone not in the park will need to be de-selected and cost you precious seconds.
2. There are different approaches, but the one that seems to be consistent is to open the app right at or moment before park open (not always 8AM). Some folks find that having the app open already at 8 and then clicking find out more works. Some folks find that the button never illuminates and they have to back out of the app entirely. Some folks have had luck with refreshing the status page. Some have not.
3. Join Boarding group will hopefully be red. If it is click it. If it isn't, don't panic and you can try going back and back in or exiting the app and starting again.
4. Once you click Join Boarding Group, it will ask you to confirm the people to be in the boarding group. By default, all tickets scanned into your app will be selected. If someone is not in the park, you will have to de-select them. Click "confirm"
5. You will then get a screen saying what your boarding group is. You can see your boarding group by going to "My Status"

I think your VIP guide may have secured you some major “Pixie Dust” to get you through the fast pass entrance when the regular line was backed up all the way to the Galaxy's Edge entrance. Had you not been VIP that wheelchair would have gone through the regular line. A person on an ECV went through when we boarded so it is definitely accessible.

Agreed! We had a wheelchair and went through the regular line. It was fully accessible.

While the good news is that there should be less people trying today, the park hours are shorter, which means they will likely release fewer boarding groups overall.
That will be the other interesting thing to see. They've been shutting down the ride by 10PM to allow for overnight maintenance. It may be that on short park days we see them call boarding groups right up to 9PM since the night is still young and they have plenty of time to do their magic. Or, we may see that closing it 2 hours before park close is the norm and they stop at 7PM. We'll find out soon!

I saw that MKM got to ride and two other non-influencers I know both got to ride early. One said they went up with friends that had an earlier boarding group and they let them go. The other one didn’t say.

MKM is quite upset on her insta today. I think she got a lot of flak because she hasn't been transparent on HOW the magic happened yesterday. I think it rubs people the wrong way when we see these people get to ride multiple times a media preview, opening day, and then magically granted a ride when boarding groups are gone. Transparency is key.

Or, we may see that closing it 2 hours before park close is the norm and they stop at 7PM. We'll find out soon!
That’s been the norm for Studios because of the 2-hour return window. We were in FL for 2 weeks in December and kept track of how late they were pushing through BGs before stopping just in case we had a high number BG. The last BGs were called 2 hours prior to posted park closing.

Fortunately we ended up with BG 35 and were off RotR by 9:30a (6a park opening).

Is anyone there today for EMH/MM? Anyone lined up early for regular park opening? How are things looking this morning? Compared to this past weekend?

I saw one post on twitter at 7:20AM. Lines didn't look too bad, though the person had used the hashtag #notsomagicmorning

Just checked Twitter - lines were back to DCA. Apparently there was also some confusion on the regular entrance lines vs Magic morning and some got changed last minute, angering one tweeter who is freaking out. A bunch of people seem to still think that BGs are being distributed at 8, not realizing that 9am is the distribution time today.

So grateful for the tips and the charts and trip reports! I'll be practicing getting a BG the next 4 days just to see how best to get that Join Boarding Group button illuminated. I'll be in the parks with 2 friends Saturday-Monday. Hoping at least ONE of those days we'll get to ride... if not all three. We're definitely going to try for the coveted BG all 3 days.
We have Magic Morning into DLP on Saturday because we have 3-day tickets. Or I should say ONE of us does. The other is an AP. So the two of us out of towners can technically get in at 7 am. Any ideas of when our AP friend would be able to come in with us? We may try the trick of scanning everyone into the park for the day, then going out to the Esplanade because at least one of us (me!) has ATT... Also, we were planning to immediately hop to DCA once we get past the whole boarding group selection thing.

Anyone get a Boarding Group? I practiced from home at 8 AM. I was probably 20 seconds late or so logging in, and it said everything was gone by then. I was shocked.

Anyone get a Boarding Group? I practiced from home at 8 AM. I was probably 20 seconds late or so logging in, and it said everything was gone by then. I was shocked.

Are you talking about today, Tuesday? DLP doesn't open for regular park hours until 9 am PST. It's open for EMH/MM, but BGs are distributed until regular park opening.

MKM is quite upset on her insta today. I think she got a lot of flak because she hasn't been transparent on HOW the magic happened yesterday. I think it rubs people the wrong way when we see these people get to ride multiple times a media preview, opening day, and then magically granted a ride when boarding groups are gone. Transparency is key.
This is getting OT so I won’t dwell on it too much, but Emily brings a lot of business to Disney. If they “magic” her onto a ride (which apparently isn’t even what happened), I really don’t have a problem with it. (Also, she brought her son opening day and they didn’t get to ride - yesterday was her second day trying with him and failing.)

I do understand how people get frustrated and emotions are running high, but attacking a mom online because her five-year-old got to experience a new ride gets ALLLL the eye rolls from me.

This is getting OT so I won’t dwell on it too much, but Emily brings a lot of business to Disney. If they “magic” her onto a ride (which apparently isn’t even what happened), I really don’t have a problem with it. (Also, she brought her son opening day and they didn’t get to ride - yesterday was her second day trying with him and failing.)

I do understand how people get frustrated and emotions are running high, but attacking a mom online because her five-year-old got to experience a new ride gets ALLLL the eye rolls from me.

I completely agree! I did assume something was done on Disney’s part (which as you said, doesn’t seem to be the case). If someone from Disney had reached out to her, it would have been completely understandable. She has a lot of followers who really love her, and she’s such a positive account to follow.

I am sure every single one of the people saying negative things to her would have taken whatever opportunity to ride they were given, just as she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter