Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my best practice day. Wasn’t even looking at the clock. Noticed it was 9:00 and opened app to check. Was able to go in and out 5 times until it was close to 9:02. Never saw back-up group pop-up though.

I am at home and today was the first day I tried to get a BG on the app when the park opened. At exactly 9AM PT I clicked on the "Find Out More" and got a red button like everyone talks about and clicked through on that to join a BG.

Just making sure I understand, but if one has scanned in at DL and gets to that point and clicks through on that button, one will for sure get a BG? But it may be a primary/regular group or it may be a backup group? If it happens right away like for me it will be a primary/regular group?

:wizard:

Maybe someone can help me... I tried to play along at home today... but I thought you needed to be signed into the park before the button goes from grey to red?

Maybe someone can help me... I tried to play along at home today... but I thought you needed to be signed into the park before the button goes from grey to red?
Nope. This was my first day of practice. I am in Colorado. I do have an AP linked ot my account but that apparently does not matter.

This was my best practice day. Wasn’t even looking at the clock. Noticed it was 9:00 and opened app to check. Was able to go in and out 5 times until it was close to 9:02. Never saw back-up group pop-up though.
I'm on Android, and don't usually see the back-up pop up unless we get really extended time. However, the verbiage on the "Find Out More" page changes to say that "Due to the overwhelming popularity...we are distributing backup groups at this time"

I am at home and today was the first day I tried to get a BG on the app when the park opened. At exactly 9AM PT I clicked on the "Find Out More" and got a red button like everyone talks about and clicked through on that to join a BG.

Just making sure I understand, but if one has scanned in at DL and gets to that point and clicks through on that button, one will for sure get a BG? But it may be a primary/regular group or it may be a backup group? If it happens right away like for me it will be a primary/regular group?

There's one more step, where you confirm the group. Things can still go sideways at this point - some people get the "something went wrong" error and whatnot.

So Red button, confirm group, and then the magic happens and hopefully you get the message that you are in a group.

It is possible they could run out of boarding groups if you are slow enough. That's why when you get to that selection screen you want to finish the request ASAP, which means you want to make sure you don't have anyone linked in your app who is not with you - because it takes time to un-select people, and everyone who is in your linked group will automatically be selected when you hit the red button.

If you hit the red button it soon enough after they opened the groups, it's pretty certain you'll get a BG if you tap through the next screen reasonably fast. It's not until you see the final screen saying that you have a boarding group that you know for sure what you got.

We are heading to Disneyland next Tuesday. We are staying at DGC so we will do MM. What time should we get to the park 7:30? I have been trying to follow this thread but lots of data points. We would like to ride ROTR but we will be in DHS in June so not a huge deal if we don’t get a BG.

Details from today.
Entered Mickey and Friends at 820. Very little line
Was on tram by 835
Picked up my Mobile Order coffee at Starbucks at 840
Got in line at the entrance at 845
Line was just pass the monorail tracks, again went to the secret planter line, left side. Didn't work as it normally does as the line was only for one turnstile and did not split into two like it usually is.
Got in the park by 852
Tested my ticket eligibility by booking a Fastpass. Good to go

Rope drop opened 5 minutes early at 855
Walked to the castle and grabbed a spot on the right side of the castle across from the Pixie Hollow entrance at 858.
Closed all Apps

at 859 and 50 seconds I opened up the Disneyland App.
at 9am hit Find Out More.
Got to the My Status screen and Join Boarding Group Button turned solid after about a second on this screen.
Using Pixel 4 XL, Google Fi. No WiFi

Got boarding group 23
at 937 nothing has been called.

ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter