Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowest group I've seen posted to twitter today is 11, so it is possible that they are having a delayed start. Looking at the data I see that Friday has always started at 11 (or 12 on the first day) with 81 being the last regular group.

Park open until midnight tonight...wonder if the record will be challenged, what is it, 130 ish total BG's?

Park open until midnight tonight...wonder if the record will be challenged, what is it, 130 ish total BG's?
The record is 131 groups called. That was last Saturday. But the park being open until midnight doesn't do much for us since the attraction shuts down around 10 for maintenance anyhow. We expect last BGs to be called between 8:30 and 9.

I played along from home today but with higher stakes. I was helping a friend and her family to try to get a boarding group. First DL visit for her boys (5 and 8) and first visit for her and her husband since the kids were born. Boarding group 34!

Last edited:
The record is 131 groups called. That was last Saturday. But the park being open until midnight doesn't do much for us since the attraction shuts down around 10 for maintenance anyhow. We expect last BGs to be called between 8:30 and 9.
That’s nice of you! I’m still trying to find someone reliable to help when we go 😊

Did you read your post before sending? You have an hour fifteen both cases. And why show up at 8 when you don’t need to be there til 8:55?

We had to wake up extra early because there had been no consistency as to when DL was opening up the gates to let people in. Some days, it's an hour ahead, some days 20 minutes. I needed to account for the fact that they may not open the gates until 8:30 for a 9am opening, security lines, etc. There are a lot of variables.

The first time we attempted, on a Sunday, it was an 8:00 opening. We left the house at 7:10. Arrived to MASSIVE security lines at the parking structure at 7:25. Decided to walk. MASSIVE lines at Downtown Disney security. Literally RAN through DtD and arrived to long lines in the esplanade at 7:45. Just barely made it into the park at around 7:55.

We didn't want to repeat that experience the second time. So we STILL woke up at 6:45 but this time it was a 9am opening. It was a Monday, though, not a Sunday. Lines were nonexistent at the parking structure security and although the lines were long at the turnstiles, they opened them promptly at 8 and we were in 8 minutes later. On this day, we *could* have slept in until 7:30 or even 8 and still made it in by 9, but there is no way to know that ahead of time. It's a roll of the dice every time.

81 is the first backup.
Just a SWAG, but if you plan for 10 BGs/hr then backups would start around 4:00 PM. The park closes at midnight, but ROTR will probably close at 10. I would estimate that the backup BGs went to 140. (80 + (6hrs * 10BG/hr))

Does anyone have anything above 140?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter