• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so hard to prepare parents without any spoilers! For parents who don't mind spoilers, you can go to the ride spoiler thread to find out/ask about the scary parts: Rise of the Resistance experience *Ride Spoilers* (Photos on Pg. 5). We have a friend (young adult) who is very sensitive to scary things -- she couldn't even make it through the queue for IJA -- so I'm not sure she'll be able to do this ride, even though she's been asking.
Have her watch youtube. That's what my friend and I did. My friend gets nervous on the "kid" rides, so there was no way she was going to do a Star Wars ride without seeing it first lol.

Regular BG's lasted maybe 75 seconds, playing from home could've got in multiple times. I do think on my Galaxy S8, waiting until about 1 to 2 seconds after park open before clicking "Find Out More" is better, otherwise it seems to lock/cache the app and then I have to go to My Status then > Join BG.

Last edited:

I got group 9 today. Got up late and parked in Pixar lot. Asked for electric car charging so I got first row. :). Security at downtown Disney was semi long. I wish they would always have a no bag line. Unfortunately not today. Got to lines at 7:40 so I was a little nervous. Got in at 7:56. Walked up Main Street and stopped about halfway to castle. Yadda yadda yadda group 9.

We're heading into the parks next week. How long is it taking everyone to get through security??? We're going next Tues-Thurs and we have magic mornings on Tuesday plus a pre-opening breakfast reservation on Wednesday. I'm wondering how much time I should allot for getting through security since clearly it's not business as usual at the moment. We will be entering at Harbor.
Congratulations! All your research here paid off! Did your family enjoy the ride?

Great! How did your family like it? Did you use DAS for your daughter or the regular line?

Good to know! Thanks for posting this.

The app also signs us out (most often DH), and it is super annoying! Usually happens most often right before the app updates.

If you've been reading the daily posts from people as they arrive at the gates in the morning, the earlier they arrive, the faster they clear security. Arriving between 6:30-7 am for an 8 am opening gets people through security in about 5-10 minutes. Arriving even 15-20 minutes later increases that time exponentially.
According to the DLR website (https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...ntown-disney-security-checkpoint-open-419225/), Security opens about 30 minutes before the earliest park opening -- but posters here have noted that the stations are open earlier than that now.

Or the physical health to wait all day. Which is one reason the virtual queue is such a challenge for DAS users. Things will get better -- we'll just have to wait.

Maybe they finally fired R3X and put R2 back in position?? (You just know R3X has been dying to get in there and "help" whenever Oga's not looking...)
It was amazing!!!! We got a DAS and rode as soon as we arrived in SWGE. I was done by 7 last night. We will not attempt to ride again this trip even though we have 4 more days. I helped a lot of people throughout the day yesterday, who didn't get a bg. I hope they all get to ride today.
Just for data. I was on a cheapo Moto g 7 with T-Mobile. BG 20. Daughter on iPhone 6 and dh on iPhone xr. Cheapo phones RULE!!!!!

Have her watch youtube. That's what my friend and I did. My friend gets nervous on the "kid" rides, so there was no way she was going to do a Star Wars ride without seeing it first lol.

Wanting to avoid spoilers, but need to know if my wife can ride. Since this is a trackless system, how does it rate on the "doesn't handle motion rides well" scale? That is the most she'll ever do is Splash Mountain and no roller coasters.

Wanting to avoid spoilers, but need to know if my wife can ride. Since this is a trackless system, how does it rate on the "doesn't handle motion rides well" scale? That is the most she'll ever do is Splash Mountain and no roller coasters.
Splash is much worse (in terms of drops). The ride vehicle is not rough at all, IMO. I would think your wife will be fine.

I liked it much more than Star Tours and handled the motion 100% better. That one makes me really sick. Same with Space Mountain.

On the spoiler thread I mentioned after riding this myself (and after others had reassured me of pretty much the same thing when I was worried about it before riding) I can't imagine anyone having any problems at all with motion sickness on this ride... my husband can't ride Luigi's or Star Tours for example and he had no issues at all with this ride. Elevators, car rides, and even swing dancing make me feel queasy, once I got violently ill staring at a jewelry display in a window (turned out the case was hanging on chains from the ceiling and the whole thing was just ever so slightly swaying, heh) and I had no issues either... the very few parts that might be the slightest bit concerning are so minimal and short I don't think there's any reason not to experience it at least once, the worry over it is worse than the actual experience of it, if that makes sense.

What's the crowd like at the Starbucks in downtown Disney at 8am? I feel like the wifi there would be superior to the data signal inside the park. I have T-Mobile so they're pretty bad everywhere.

What's the crowd like at the Starbucks in downtown Disney at 8am? I feel like the wifi there would be superior to the data signal inside the park. I have T-Mobile so they're pretty bad everywhere.

Pretty packed.
I left my group in line and went to pick up our mobile order and it took about 20 minutes at about 7:15, they were running really behind and the place was pretty crazy.
I also have T-Mobile and was able to get a BG on a Saturday morning which was pretty crowded but not as crowded as the past holiday weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter