Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this message for the first time this morning playing from home, but I was a little "late" this morning (maaaaybe close to 8:01). My "guess" is that error appears the nanosecond after all regular groups are assigned and backups are released?

No, I got it yesterday immediately at 8 am just before another in our group started getting in for our passes. We ended up in the regular groups.

Anything I need to do different using a galaxy A70 on xfinity service? Also, I have tried from home a few times but since I dont have tickets yet, that's as far as I get. When I am in the park, with tickets linked, what are the screens I will go through until I get a boarding pass?

I suspect the PP knows this, but lately Disney has been viewing suspiciously anyone who scans into DL then DCA, or vice versa, in a short time frame. The second scan can result in you not being admitted and needing to talk to a Disney manager. Apparently Disney has been doing this to come down on people falsely sharing their tickets with others.
Is this more likely for those with paper tickets or does it also apply to APs?

We entered DL this morning and then went over to DCA for early entry. No stopping or questions with 2 annual pass holders.

We are hoping to do this too. Would you mind sharing your timing, if you remember? When did you leave your hotel, how far back were you in the DL lines, when did you enter DL, and when did you get to DCA? (We'll be trying this on a Friday, so the DL gates may not open quite as early as today, but I can hope!)

The one thing that makes me nervous about heading to DCA is someone here mentioned getting a 45 minute return window for their BG early in the day... when we were there on the 14th it took us an hour to get from paradise pier to ROTR mostly due to long slow moving lines to get back into DL, at least 25 minutes that I was keeping track of to get through.

What happens if you have a boarding group number and it stays down the entire day? The main reason you went to DL?

What happens if you have a boarding group number and it stays down the entire day? The main reason you went to DL?
If it’s a backup group they won’t do anything. They’ve never not reached the guaranteed groups at Disneyland, on the handful of occasions that’s happened at DHS they issue guest recovery.

I suspect the PP knows this, but lately Disney has been viewing suspiciously anyone who scans into DL then DCA, or vice versa, in a short time frame. The second scan can result in you not being admitted and needing to talk to a Disney manager. Apparently Disney has been doing this to come down on people falsely sharing their tickets with others.
I don't understand how you could share your ticket with someone, since it has your photo assigned to it. I know that some days they're not taking photos at DL, to keep the lines moving, but you would still have to exit the park, "share" your ticket with someone, who then goes into CA Adventure, where their picture IS taken. And obviously since you did this in a 5 minute period, you did not do anything at DL.

And if it's an AP, which already has your picture, how exactly would that work? I'm curious as to what I'm missing here. If the security block was not in place, how would one game the system?

I don't understand how you could share your ticket with someone, since it has your photo assigned to it. I know that some days they're not taking photos at DL, to keep the lines moving, but you would still have to exit the park, "share" your ticket with someone, who then goes into CA Adventure, where their picture IS taken. And obviously since you did this in a 5 minute period, you did not do anything at DL.

And if it's an AP, which already has your picture, how exactly would that work? I'm curious as to what I'm missing here. If the security block was not in place, how would one game the system?

Tickets can be shown on the app as well as the physical ticket...

Yeah I wouldn’t go around saying ‘Look at how good a ride is doing!’ Because it seems to end up jynxing the ride every time we do that. So let’s just avoid that in the future

Ended up deciding against to try for a BG this morning. Sunday is still the worst day with this ride and after spending the weekend emotionally drained I didn’t want to deal with the stress of ‘Will I or won’t I get to ride before I have to leave for the airport?’

I don't understand how you could share your ticket with someone, since it has your photo assigned to it.

I wonder how that works as well but we did have one instance where my husband took one son to Disneyland while the rest of us went to California Adventure and he accidentally scanned in a ticket of one of our other kid's that was with me instead of his own. We didn't have any issues even though I'd just scanned him in from the app around the same time, we just weren't able to include my husband for fast pass selections, but it just really confused and surprised us that this happened since they look completely different! My husband's darker with brown hair, brown eyes and bulky while our 11yo is tiny blond green eyes and uber fair in addition to their facial features being very distinct from each other. The person scanning tickets definitely had to be paying zero attention is all I can figure.... so maybe they have this system set up just as a double check against people at the turnstiles not paying attention?

We'll, got half way thru the ride and it broke down...and now waiting to get walked off. They said we'll get a fastpass for later so hopefully they get it back up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter