Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they would align the qualifications to join a BG to follow MP (scanned into either park not just DL) the lines would not be so heavy in the direction of DL - mind you I am sure there are some Star Wars adverse people who are enjoying quiet mornings in DCA who would not support that change...
On the one hand, this would make the guest experience much better for folks who want to start their day at DCA but also try for a BG.

On the other hand, I think there is a logistical issue in play - imagine the two sets of lines meeting in the middle and the confusion that would ensue.

As long as they open the turnstiles early enough, I think they are ok.

On the other hand, I think there is a logistical issue in play - imagine the two sets of lines meeting in the middle and the confusion that would ensue.

This!

I had thought that allowing BGs at DCA would be a smart way to spread out the crowds UNTIL I witnessed the Esplanade... it would be an absolute nightmare out there. At least now, the have the whole “they open the gates when the lines hit DCA” thing working ok because DCA doesn’t have huge lines!

Also, while there have been a few notable exceptions, 95% of the days they have done an admirable job of processing people through the DL gates... so I think adding DCA into the mix would do more harm than good.

On the one hand, this would make the guest experience much better for folks who want to start their day at DCA but also try for a BG.

Good point!
Do they have rope drop at end of Main Street or at each land when they let people in this early?

We went to the far left turnstiles at 8:05am and the lines were about half the amount of people compared to the center ones. I think they started those queues after the center ones. We're were through pretty quick once open.

I can’t tell from the train station. The crowds are moving. No one is going through the castle and Main Street is still moving.

We went to the far left turnstiles at 8:05am and the lines were about half the amount of people compared to the center ones. I think they started those queues after the center ones. We're were through pretty quick once open.

No one was queued there when we got here, but then a rush of people started over to those turnstiles. We were in the middle so we just stayed put.

I can’t tell from the train station. The crowds are moving. No one is going through the castle and Main Street is still moving.

They're stopping people at the statue. We're at the little red Wagon area and it is packed.

We also went to the far left. In pretty fast.

Do both. Open DLR early to get people in. For those with hoppers, open DCA a little early too allow for those getting in. When DLR opens early enough to keep the lines at the monorail, no confusion will occur.

The amount of people entering DLR and immediately exiting for DCA is only going to grow with spring break younger folk. Disney needs to realize this and adjust accordingly for crowd control along with just simple customer satisfaction and less strain on supervisors making all these exception alerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter