• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to see the lady who I helped get a BG got to ride it(if she stayed til 6pm). I had talked to her a few seconds before 8am. Then when she asked what BG I got I noticed her clicking away at the greyed out button, asked her quickly if I could help her. Clicked "My status" then join a boarding group and got her BG 112. I taught the other members of her group what to do if button was greyed out. They were so thankful :)

Yeah down. Have friend in queue....which they cleared and gave FP...
Is this the new protocol? Are we done with the "holding you hostage in line for who knows how long game"? Has anyone had to play that game recently?

Quick question, does the entire party need to be there at rope drop? Do the entire party tickets need to be scanned in (as if everyone is there?).

Or can one person scan in, and if all the other tickets are attached in the group. They will be in?...
While your questions were answered by other posters, the answers can be found on page one, in the FAQs in post two.

I'm glad to see the lady who I helped get a BG got to ride it(if she stayed til 6pm). I had talked to her a few seconds before 8am. Then when she asked what BG I got I noticed her clicking away at the greyed out button, asked her quickly if I could help her. Clicked "My status" then join a boarding group and got her BG 112. I taught the other members of her group what to do if button was greyed out. They were so thankful :)
Thank you for spreading some kindness around! We read so much about the chaos and craziness involved in getting a BG -- it's refreshing to read that the knowledge shared in this superthread can be used to make the Disney galaxy a better place! Way to go! :)

This is a good question. Can someone who is there today ask CMs about this? Do they have a 15 minute grace period like regular FP?

I asked a CM yesterday and she said there was no grace period but she didn’t sound very sure of her answer.

Today when we went to ride at about 9:15 (I believe) it had just broken down so i asked if we still had to be back within our window (we had an hour left) and the CM told me we didn’t because it broke down but that it had to be relatively close, he said we couldn’t come back and expect to ride in the afternoon for example. We went and used a fast pass and got some food and came back at 11:30 and were able to ride no problem even though our window was up at 10:15.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for reporting back!

I’m taking two first timers today who have never experienced a Disney theme park. Hoping for a nice early boarding group!

can you please report back on crowds? There’s a lot of hotel availability tonight and the wait times yesterday were not bad for a holiday. Thinking about bringing my girls tomorrow and curious about crowd levels today.

hope you get an early BG!!!! MTFBWY!

Is this the new protocol? Are we done with the "holding you hostage in line for who knows how long game"? Has anyone had to play that game recently?

Sounds as if so far the choice whether to scan people out for a return FP or letting them stew in line is left up to whatever senior cast member (supervisor?) is on shift at the time (as opposed to actual policy guidelines). That is so frustrating! Let’s hope that lots of people’s emailing guest services will lead to more consistency in this, in either their willing to evacuate the line more readily, or to give people the choice to stay or leave without forfeiting their chance to ride, and/or to provide some kind of comfort/entertainment to those stuck in line as they seem to routinely do at Disneyworld‘s version of the ride.

Here’s hoping they get this figured out!!! 🤞🤞🤞

Joining you in waiting to hear from more people at the frontlines to see if things are changing...

We will be there this Thursday but don't have MM/EMH & am wondering what strategy I should use. I understand that most of the entry turnstiles are dedicated early on to the MM/EMH visitors but should we be at the gates by 7am anyway to wait in the regular line? I assume they eventually open up more regular lines but want to be sure we've entered before 8am. Any suggestions?

We will be there this Thursday but don't have MM/EMH & am wondering what strategy I should use. I understand that most of the entry turnstiles are dedicated early on to the MM/EMH visitors but should we be at the gates by 7am anyway to wait in the regular line? I assume they eventually open up more regular lines but want to be sure we've entered before 8am. Any suggestions?
I went on a Magic Morning (a Tuesday). I tried to be at the gates by 8 (9am regular opening) but we were late and arrived to the esplanade at 8:20. It was hectic but we scanned in at 8:48. Would have liked a few extra minutes so I didn’t have to stress as much. If they haven’t yet opened the gates to regular guests, I would stand in the middle of the esplanade near the Monorail track and wait for them to open the turnstiles, then look for a line that is moving well and hop into it (end of line might be behind you). You can look for the place where the line splits around the trees and feeds into multiple turnstiles.... always a good bet.

Playing from Chicago and saw regular groups gone by 8:00:50.

All wings report in!
Was also playing at home and using ATT iPhone 8 did get in using Find Out More > My Status > Join BG. Did wait a split second after 8:00 to begin the tapping.

Also noted regular BGs lasting for almost a full minute.

ETA: Backups lasted for 12 minutes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter