• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed to work fine at home this morning , unlike the glitching yesterday .
Steps that worked well this morning for me .
1. Had Atomic clock running .
2. 30 seconds before 8 , opened DL app .
3. Shut down Atomic clock at 8:59.59 .
4. Switched to DL app and immediately clicked on find out more tab .
5. Join boarding group button was red , so clicked on it and continued as far as I could go .
Kept backing out and trying from the Join Boarding group button , and through my Status . Both worked well up till about 8:01 , then it went into back-ups .
Feeling better today about it than yesterday .
Note : there is some caching going on in the DL app , so if something seems wonky , CLOSE the app and restart it quickly . ( think that was my problem yesterday) .

Interesting how they are shortening the start groups in the AM recently. Perhaps they are trying out reset and restart times? That would be a welcomed development as they continue to improve the capacity throughput this past week.

Let's just hope no 2 steps backwards like WDW experienced past two weeks.

Played along from home today. On my Samsung phone, I had to click "Find Out More" and then the "My Status" button to get the Join Boarding Group button to light up. I went back and forth from the home screen several times and this was the only way I could have scored a Boarding Group. Strangely, right about 8:01, presumably when it went to back up boarding groups, the Join Boarding Group button on the "Find Out More" screen went red and I could then join (likely for a back up group) from that screen. I tried it several times from the home screen to "Find Out More" and the Join Boarding Group button was red on that page for me after 8:01. It grayed out around 8:13.

Our second and last time trying for a BG this morning, DH scored BG11 on iPhone 6s on Disney WiFi! He was by the partners statue. I was in another part of the hub on AT&T and kept getting an error message and figured we were out of luck, so I was shocked when I got the message I was already in a group. We were called about 8:25 and walked right on the ride. Two things that weren’t working the first time we rode (but didn’t know at the time) were working so that made it even better.

Just a quick note about this - note that you can place a mobile order even without being scanned into the parks, whereas you cannot get a FP via MP unless you have scanned into the park. So placing a mock mobile order would only test if you are logged into your account, and not that the system has correctly registered you as having scanned into the park (which apparently has been glitching for some folks, causing them to be unable to get a BG or delaying them if they didn't force close the app after park entry). If you have MP you would still need to try and get a FP via MP to test that.
Took me a while to find this post... I guess that shows my obsession with this fast moving thread, that I suddenly find myself thinking about a days old post, wondering about strategies. Find below another possible idea for checking if your whole party is scanned in (feedback of the collective Disboards think tank here about this having the potential to work is greatly appreciated) for people whose travel budget doesn’t include Maxpass.

We’re a family of four, and I don’t mind running for FPs during the day, which is why I’m wondering if the benefit of getting one bonus pre-opening FP and the opportunity to pick up canceled FPs in the late afternoon/evening is worth an extra $80 per day for us. Yet, alas, there is the lovely reassurance that all of us are properly scanned in, while waiting for the boarding groups to become available, which we’d forego if we decide to not buy it. What to do?

As you mention above, it wouldn’t help to place a test mobile order, since you can do this even when not scanned in (though that would at least show me if I’m signed into my account in the app—I noticed that the app sometimes signs me out, seemingly without any good reason).

So, here is my question/idea:

Could I go through the process of purchasing Maxpass without giving the final ok for the credit card payment to go through (or without having my credit card or other payment method linked at the time) to find out if any of the linked tickets belong to people not recognized by the system as “scanned into the park”?

I guess this working or not would depend on in which order the system checks (A) if all the people selected for purchase are in the park and thus eligible to buy Maxpass and (B) if there is a valid method of payment associated with the account to complete the purchase. If the system checks (A) first and then (B), this should work; if it checks (B) and doesn’t even bother checking (A) before there’s payment, then it obviously wouldn’t.

Say, oh wise fellow ROTR obsessed ones, do you think this could be a possible alternative to spending the money on Maxpass? Anybody in the parks willing to play around with this and report back? I’d be happy to try it myself, but I won’t be there until August (and of course none of us know what exact procedures they’ll be using by then—I hope that BG will still be a thing at the time, but who knows...).

Last but not least, if you get a chance, you must order the Forest Mushroom pizza at the Craftsman Grill at GCH. It is seriously the BEST pizza you will ever have! I’m still thinking about it five days later!

I know this isn't RotR related but I wanted to echo my agreement with this statement. WE LOVE THIS PIZZA. We even made our own version at home... going to get it again when we go in April and examine the ingredients again. I think ours is pretty close though.

We're heading into the parks next week. How long is it taking everyone to get through security??? We're going next Tues-Thurs and we have magic mornings on Tuesday plus a pre-opening breakfast reservation on Wednesday. I'm wondering how much time I should allot for getting through security since clearly it's not business as usual at the moment. We will be entering at Harbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter