• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like back-ups started about 60 seconds in , from what I saw this morning ......possibly a little earlier even ?

So my play from home experience was odd today. Normally, I flip around all the screens until I start getting the backup message (Find out more, see Rd button, click, hit back, hit my status, click, click join boarding group off that page). Today, whenever I hit my status, Join Boarding Group didn't "turn on" like it has in the past...until they went to backups.

I started getting the backup message around 1:15 in or so. 8:11 now and still getting it. The rain must have scared people away.

So my play from home experience was odd today. Normally, I flip around all the screens until I start getting the backup message (Find out more, see Rd button, click, hit back, hit my status, click, click join boarding group off that page). Today, whenever I hit my status, Join Boarding Group didn't "turn on" like it has in the past...until they went to backups.

You might have been working with "cached" DL APP info . I ran into that last week as well .
It has never happened to me since , after I started opening the DL APP about 30 seconds before opening , and did NOT hit the "find out more" button till just after opening .
In other words , do not leave the DL APP running in the backround for an extended time, right before the boarding group procedure. Open it just before the BG process is starting. I open mine 30 seconds before.

I was trying new things on my phone to see if I could get the button to turn after going into the app a minute early. As expected, I could not. I also noticed that I started getting the pop up immediately upon my restart of the app and clicking in for a backup group.

So best practice still seems to be (at least on Android) to hold off on clicking "Find out More" until OPO.

Backups still available at 8:15. Yesterday they went with only 61 regular groups. Curious to see what they do today. DHS is clicking along nicely so far. Hopefully we can follow suit.

You might have been working with "cached" DL APP info . I ran into that last week as well .
It has never happened to me since , after I started up the DL APP about 30 seconds before opening , and did NOT hit the "find out more" button till just after opening .
In other words , do not leave the DL APP running in the backround for an extended time, right before the boarding group procedure.
I don't think so. I usually don't open the app until right at 8 (and sometimes later if I'm at work and lose track 🤣) I crashed the app twice thinking that I might have a cache issue, but it still did it until I got the backup message.

I don't think so. I usually don't open the app until right at 8 (and sometimes later if I'm at work and lose track 🤣) I crashed the app twice thinking that I might have a cache issue, but it still did it until I got the backup message.

O.K. , just a quick guess .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter