• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

River Country Pool

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
Maybe I should put this on the Theme Parks & Attractions Board, so if it's in the wrong place, someone please move it.

Anyway, with River Country now closed it's such a shame to see that huge pool just sit there. I have always thought it would be a great idea to use that pool as the main pool in Fort Wilderness.

None of their other pools are really themed & I'm sure everyone would love it because of the great slide it has. I would assume there is some way they could close off the beach area & just use the pool.

Just a thought - what do you think?

The rumor has been circulating for a long time - that RC will be made into a FW/WL pool. It would be great! But, it doesn't seem to be happening very quickly. It's probably just a rumor. :(

The location is not great but it is a shame to see the best pool around the campground sitting unused.
Last year was the first year we had PAPs and I was really looking forward to using RC as our FW pool but it has not been open at all. I wonder if that pool is set up to be heated. I don't think it has ever been open in the cooler months.

I really don't see Disney giving RC as a perk or even just the pool without an increase in FW rates. I already have a hard time justifying the campsite rates at full price. There are some great state parks here that are only $12/nt with hook ups and a couple of them even have a pool. You can get a decent room off property for less than a campsite.

I've seen a lot of posts about this including those that have the same idea as you.

Interestingly enough, River Country is always listed as one of the three water parks at WDW but it has been YEARS since it was open -- maybe they intend to refurbish/reopen it when there is money -- which we know is a long way off.

Having said that, I've not seen anything except for speculation about River Country and what WDW intends to do with it.

but it has been YEARS since it was open
It has not been all that long really. It closed the fall of 2001. So it really has only been closed for 1 season. (summer 2002) We went to RC in July of 2001. However, it does FEEL like YEARS since it closed.

It's always been their practice to close RC during the winter months. Much of the water is not heated, and they take advantage of this time to refurbish, clean, etc.

But, last year, it never re-opened. They say it is closed "indefinitely" this time.

It would be a great idea for F.W. guests to be able to use the R.C. pool. My feeling in this time of cutbacks I can't see Disney going through the expense to give F.W. another perk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter