Rivers of Light

Taylor'sMom

Wish I was there...
Can someone explain to me what this is? Or share a link to another thread. I've searched to no avail.

Do a search on youtube and you can watch the full show.

Thanks. I was hoping for a description less generic than Disney's but not watch a video to spoil it.
Any first-hand thoughts....
aimed at kids or al ages?
Focused on certain characters/movies?
Not to be missed, or just so-so?
FP needed?

If it helps, we love Famtasmic, and consider it not to be missed. DH actually insists on a PH pass so we can ensure we see it even of we dont plan any full days at HS. We dont care for Illuminations at all.

Thanks. I was hoping for a description less generic than Disney's but not watch a video to spoil it.
FP needed?

If it helps, we love Famtasmic, and consider it not to be missed. DH actually insists on a PH pass so we can ensure we see it even of we dont plan any full days at HS. We dont care for Illuminations at all.
All ages but reviews are very mixed. I really enjoy the show. FP or dining package is recommended for this probably. No characters or movies in this show at all. It is based around real animals.

I love it and it's my favorite nighttime show.

It is also well loved by everyone in the family.

I don't hesitate to use a FP for it and in March will be doing the dining package to free up that FP.

Bought the CD and everything.

ROL is strange. To me, it has no real story, just a theme. I find it boring. It does have good music. I enjoy Illuminations greatly.

If you want the early show, you will need a fast pass. It fills to capacity quickly. The later show appeared to have less folks in the stands.

I think you should see it once to judge for yourself, but to us it was not one we'd need to see again. Like you, love Fantasmic and not into Illuminations. RoL to me is more like Illuminations. It is themed around animals(not shocking!) with boats and floating flowers lit up and many projections of animals - very pretty, but feels very slow, no real story as PP mentioned. Just felt like something was missing I guess. We got a Tusker House package w/brft since we always eat there anyway, and it is a few extra dollars, so we did not have to line up and wait.

No characters. A lot of water effects and water floats.

Some love it, some hate it. I'm in the boat where it was a one and done for us. I wouldn't wait more than 5 min to see it again. However I think everyone should experience everything at least once at Disney.

You'll want to arrive to the arena 45-60+ min prior to the show whether you do standby, FP, or dinner reservation

It's a nice nighttime show, but seems to be more prone to cancellation than any of the others as it's relatively new and they still seem to be working out the kinks (even after delays/cutbacks to supposedly prevent technical difficulties) but still impressive. We've seen it once (tried to see it twice).

Last edited:

FP needed?

http://allears.net/tp/ak/rivers-of-light.htm

http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristin-ford/2017/02/tips_for_viewing_disneys_river.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter